First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Short trips just means your oil life is alot less but otherwise you will be fine with letting your engine warmup before driving, as with most turbo cars letting it idle for a few minutes before pulling out of your parking spot is ideal.
I often take a good bit of short trips here and there living in the city and all. I tend to let my car idle until the RPM drops from 1200 idle to 900 idle, indicating things have settled a bit. Generally 30 seconds or less of idle= 15-20 degrees temp change until it settles and I drive it easy until the cylinder temp is settled at 194-198. I am not sure if this helps, but from your comment it seems to be the right move.
Sponsored

jmurph

First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Ranger
Occupation
Gov
I often take a good bit of short trips here and there living in the city and all. I tend to let my car idle until the RPM drops from 1200 idle to 900 idle, indicating things have settled a bit. Generally 30 seconds or less of idle= 15-20 degrees temp change until it settles and I drive it easy until the cylinder temp is settled at 194-198. I am not sure if this helps, but from your comment it seems to be the right move.
Engines are made to run af certain Temps for tolerances, it doesn't really matter but it's 39 seconds of piece of mind to my ocd

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Engines are made to run af certain Temps for tolerances, it doesn't really matter but it's 39 seconds of piece of mind to my ocd
That's what I was thinking. Totally agreed on the peace of mind bit.
Sponsored