Driving lights: attach to high beams or not?

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
Me and you both know people everybody commits numerous misdemeanor crimes (including traffic) every single day.

I learned long ago that people who put common sense below a government rule book are not worth arguing with.
Absolutely. We all break traffic laws. Sometimes without knowing it is a law, some because we don't agree with the law, some because we know the law and agree it should be law, but justify it because "I'm in a rush, so I'm going to do it this one time" or because "I'm a better driver than most, and can handle it".

I'm no different, I speed constantly and I never wear a seat belt, but at other times I can get annoyed by someone else speeding in a situation or rate I don't think is appropriate for the conditions. We all have that "I know what is best" attitude at times, and hypocrisy we often don't recognize.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Brett Fields

Brett Fields

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4, Blackout, Tow
Occupation
Paramedic
Well I gotta say, we certainly ended up in a place that I did not anticipate. I really thought I'd get 3 or 4 guys telling me how they wired their driving lights before the thread petered out into obscurity.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
Well I gotta say, we certainly ended up in a place that I did not anticipate. I really thought I'd get 3 or 4 guys telling me how they wired their driving lights before the thread petered out into obscurity.
To the original question, I don't always want additional fogs/lightbar/ditch lights with my high beams so I have all mine switched independently.

RAYJAY

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger pickup 2019 subaru
Yes I understand 2 x 7" lights, that doesn't make them off-road lights, no matter how many times you repeat it.

Where does it say they are aimed any different than highbeams? Coming over a hill alters the attitude of the vehicle, so how they are aimed is irrelevant, and you will still get a face full of high intensity light.

Where is anyone suggesting staring into them, and no one said unaffected. I said shouldn't be an issue, just as sudden high beams cresting a hill should be an issue.

Responsible use is still prudent, whether high beams, fog lights, driving lights, or light bars.

need the extra lights for deer problems, coming home at 3 am from work the deer are like cattle in the fields.....

RAYJAY

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger pickup 2019 subaru

same here with a twist for some unknow reason PA want them wired to the low beams with a lighted switch to pass inspection........

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Well to that end I pulled my hi beam bulb out, then at the harness just spliced in my trigger line to a relay using a waterproof heat shrink solder ring butt splice. Easy peasy.
Sponsored