Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
How about you say what truck you have?
I am going to guess that he has a Ford Ranger between 2019 and 2021. That's just a guess here and obviously an XL or XLT due to the headlights. I think the fog lights are an addition package for the XL.

Hello im looking to replace all my stock halogen with LED,

what do i need to overhaul everything?

thanks
So if you are looking to keep the original housing do NOT go to LED lights. Reason? You will great alot of glare for other drivers and the reflectors arent designed for LED lights. If you want a drop in bulb I say go with PIAA.

Now if you are willing to replace assemblies then for the headlights i say go to Alpharex and for Fog lights go to Morimoto. The morimoto LF10 and LF11 will work just fine.

shaketxavius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
Paramedic
LED drop in bulbs are also technically illegal in halogen reflector housings.

OP, I've installed the Alpha Rex LUXX LED headlights and they are fantastic. I don't blind anyone and get better vision and they look better. I replaced my halogen fog light bulbs with LED bulbs as that isn't illegal, and are not required for driving.

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
I have some LED bulbs from Phillips on the way that I got for 1/2 off (open box, guaranteed to work or I can return for full refund so why not). And we'll see how they work. If they suck, I'll get aftermarket headlights. I just really don't want to do the work to install them... what a PITA.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I have some LED bulbs from Phillips on the way that I got for 1/2 off (open box, guaranteed to work or I can return for full refund so why not). And we'll see how they work. If they suck, I'll get aftermarket headlights. I just really don't want to do the work to install them... what a PITA.
As stated before LED drop-in bulbs do not work that well in a halogen style headlight assembly. The reason being is the reflectors are not designed for LEDs and don't really protect this far. We also create a lot of glare which is a pain in the butt

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Eh, we'll see. The OEM standard headlights are a joke and frankly Ford should be embarrassed... so I'm willing to try some things to be able to see at night. I'm not willing to pay for stupid headlights that have stupid dancing light shows every time you turn the car on.

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been running Auxito LED hi & lo bulbs in my halogen reflectors for over 2 years. They’ve been outstanding.
4F1A99EE-8668-46E4-8B44-AACF5F8C72AA.jpeg

daniel3507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I have Auxito 1:1 led bulbs in stock XLT housing with no issues. They are much better than stock and not blinding. I've never been flashed and even had my wife drive the truck while I drove her car to make sure I wasn't blinding people. I had other led bulbs in the f150 and had to take them out due to being blinding to others but I don't have that problem with my current lights

bdunk

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Firefighter Paramedic
After watching the video below, I bought GTR Lighting bulbs for low and high beam. I do not get anyone flashing me and when I pull up to a wall there is a district cut off line as you’ll see in the video. I would definitely recommend them. Another nice thing is the dust cap will still fit with these bulbs.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
I did the LED third brake light, cargo area bulbs and lisc plate lamps from Diode Dynamics. Very happy..

SpaceGhost

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
This is what I did as well, including the fogs. No issues and no one seems angry when coming the other way but I live in the middle of nowhere.

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
I got those stupid dancing light show headlights. I'm about as happy with these as I am with the truck. That's pretty friggin' happy!!

Luxx2.jpg
I feel like the all black ones would look good. But man... that dancing... ug.

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
The module they include appears it can be easily switched out. So maybe a redesign light "dance" could be in the future.
In the meantime, I don't see it happening except a reflection off the garage wall. What I do see is a terrific light pattern in front of me down the road. Great cut off and side angles. Perfect color temp.
Sponsored