Do ya’ll turn your AC off before turning truck off?

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
One thing I absolutely love about the south west is the abundance of sunshine and dry weather. And the desert has its own beauty that I’ve come to appreciate.
I’ve always heard Albuquerque has perfect weather because of the elevation. I’ve yet to get over there to visit.

Ive Actually acclimated to the weather here. Now when it’s 30’s or 40’s I’m freezing.

last year the high was 113, but we have numerous days in the 100-103 range. By the end of the summer I thought 95 was downright perfect, especially if you’re out of the sun.
Our city has 4 seasons and none of them extreme. I'm a warm weather guy too! Visited relatives in Dallas 2 years ago and also have relatives in Plainview and Austin :)
Sponsored

Last edited:

F150stxguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Albuquerque has 4 seasons and none of them extreme. I'm a warm weather guy too! Visited relatives in Dallas 2 years ago and also have relatives in Plainview and Austin :)
I love the warm weather, but for some reason once I travel past Abilene I’m like “shit it’s humid here” lol. I camped just south of San Antonio 2 years ago and slept in the bed of my truck and I was beading sweat at 3am ?

The hill country is nice though and probably where I will end up permanently if I do stay in Texas. Most likely south of San Antonio.

4 seasons and none extreme sounds awesome. It’s on my list for sure. Albuquerque gets a bad rap from a lot of Texans here because of crime, but I’m sure it’s not bad as it’s made out to be.

And New Mexico has REAL mountains too.

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
We're starting to look at other areas now just now sure on where to go. Wherever we go one prerequisite is it has to be a pro 2A state and no long cold winters. I hate being cold but it's been just getting hotter and hotter here especially with all the building going on. All the concrete and asphalt just hold the heat in and give it a "heat island effect" where even at 11:00 it's still over 100 out.
Sounds like you need a summer cottage in northern Michigan to get away from that hot box! ?

Screenshot_20210617-154129.png

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
One thing I absolutely love about the south west is the abundance of sunshine and dry weather. And the desert has its own beauty that I’ve come to appreciate.
I’ve always heard Albuquerque has perfect weather because of the elevation. I’ve yet to get over there to visit.

Ive Actually acclimated to the weather here. Now when it’s 30’s or 40’s I’m freezing.

last year the high was 113, but we have numerous days in the 100-103 range. By the end of the summer I thought 95 was downright perfect, especially if you’re out of the sun.
Went hunting out there 1989, Rocks and Dirt are not for This Florida Boy .. :)

F150stxguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Went hunting out there 1989, Rocks and Dirt are not for This Florida Boy .. :)
hahahahaha, Floridians are crazy. I don’t know how you can stand the extreme humidity mixed with heat. And your guys’ creepy crawlers are next level. I thought the Mojave Rattlers were scary - you guys might as well be the Australia of the United States as far as I’m concerned ?

Although you’ve got beautiful women, good gun laws and lots of greenery, I’ll give you that.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
I love the warm weather, but for some reason once I travel past Abilene I’m like “shit it’s humid here” lol. I camped just south of San Antonio 2 years ago and slept in the bed of my truck and I was beading sweat at 3am ?

The hill country is nice though and probably where I will end up permanently if I do stay in Texas. Most likely south of San Antonio.

4 seasons and none extreme sounds awesome. It’s on my list for sure. Albuquerque gets a bad rap from a lot of Texans here because of crime, but I’m sure it’s not bad as it’s made out to be.

And New Mexico has REAL mountains too.
Your right, crime is a serious issue here and you have to watch your back. We consistently have one of highest rates of auto theft in the nation. Its mainly because of the drug traffic coming in from the south. You have to be cautious about where you go and where your park.

The advantages are very pleasant weather, very few tornados, no hurricanes and no extreme earthquakes yet. Fires are our biggest challenge. There are a lot of positives here which outweigh the negatives and I try to stay focused on that. Overall very content here.

Last edited:

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
hahahahaha, Floridians are crazy. I don’t know how you can stand the extreme humidity mixed with heat. And your guys’ creepy crawlers are next level. I thought the Mojave Rattlers were scary - you guys might as well be the Australia of the United States as far as I’m concerned ?

Although you’ve got beautiful women, good gun laws and lots of greenery, I’ll give you that.
Yup, we got ”Stand your ground law” and Beautiful Beaches..I’m a Charter Boat Captain, Cmon Down and I’ll Show You what Fish Look Like…
Regards
Doc
P.S. I spent a week in Las Vegas for a week back then on business, 128 degree Heat index, and a guy says “Yeah, but there’s no Humidity….I said there’s non in the oven either …
Regards

D8A7E71C-209C-4256-BACB-BCB106B152C5.jpeg

BBE76A63-383A-4209-83C8-CF58AF29824E.jpeg

Last edited:

F150stxguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Yup, we got ”Stand your ground law” and Beautiful Beaches..I’m a Charter Boat Captain, Cmon Down and I’ll Show You what Fish Look Like…
Regards
Doc

D8A7E71C-209C-4256-BACB-BCB106B152C5.jpeg

BBE76A63-383A-4209-83C8-CF58AF29824E.jpeg
Yep, can’t forget about the fishing! And your governor passed one of the most bad assed laws when it comes to rioting.

If I ever get down your way fishing is definitely on my priority list!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'm in Mesa, my pool was 85 degrees this morning. Took a 6 am swim with my four year old. Love it.
I wish I had a pool here, morning swims are the best. Try jumping in now though when it's 116 out and you'll boil like tonights spaghetti dinner. lol

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Wow 7 and a half pages on whether to turn your AC off before shutting off your car and 3 more on how hot it is in AZ. Oh yah, throw in a few posts on starting a non-EFI car. We are on a roll today.:clap::LOL:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
west Texas? Dry heat, low humidity, plenty of jobs, lots of recreational land for sale by El Paso. Let’s go halves on 50 to 100 acres so we can have our own shooting range lol.

We can get hot but nowhere near your guys’ level. The highest we hit last year was 113. Plus it gets pretty comfy at night. Even on the hottest of days.
Did you ever end up coming to AZ? It wouldn't be so bad here if the nights would cool off some. When you get up and it's already 90 out at 4:30am like it was this morning it's hard to look forward to the rest of the day. ?

F150stxguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Did you ever end up coming to AZ? It wouldn't be so bad here if the nights would cool off some. When you get up and it's already 90 out at 4:30am like it was this morning it's hard to look forward to the rest of the day. ?
I didn’t end up getting the time off that I wanted so I’m postponing until October. By the looks of the weather report it looks like a blessing in disguise! ?

the hottest I experienced was 113 before and that was brutal. My truck temperature reached 127 after work. I cannot even imagine how hot it is now with that sun beating on the concrete!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I didn’t end up getting the time off that I wanted so I’m postponing until October. By the looks of the weather report it looks like a blessing in disguise! ?

the hottest I experienced was 113 before and that was brutal. My truck temperature reached 127 after work. I cannot even imagine how hot it is now with that sun beating on the concrete!
October especially late October is really nice here. It'll still be warm during the days but nights cool off into the mid to upper 60's. Yes it was definitely a blessing and you were probably better off working. lol

When I left work today my steering wheel and shifter were scorching hot! Of course dumb me forgot my sun shade at home . :headbang:
Sponsored