First Name
Gerhard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER D/C 2020 XLT 4X4
Occupation
Manager
Just a quick question, I got the harness and the plug from Ford. I can't find the plug under the vehicle, I have a November 2019 2.0 Turbo D/C XLT. Who can tell me exactly where to find the connector? My car is right hand drive.

WLFPIR8

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
whor.us
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4/Sport in Saber Orange
Occupation
Systems engineer by day, maker and multimedia guru by night.
Vehicle Showcase
Just a quick question, I got the harness and the plug from Ford. I can't find the plug under the vehicle, I have a November 2019 2.0 Turbo D/C XLT. Who can tell me exactly where to find the connector? My car is right hand drive.
No idea if the non USDM model have the connector, or even had the bed package as an option. This forum mostly consists of USDM owners.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
No idea if the non USDM model have the connector, or even had the bed package as an option. This forum mostly consists of USDM owners.
On our trucks the connector is attached to the frame behind the rear wheel on the drivers side.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase

Trylovance

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Can anyone even find this part 7A2Z-19N236-A? I've attempted to order it from 3-4 vendors and can't find it anywhere - they all keep cancelling the order!

WLFPIR8

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
whor.us
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4/Sport in Saber Orange
Occupation
Systems engineer by day, maker and multimedia guru by night.
Vehicle Showcase
Listed as Discontinued it seems. Go to a ford dealer directly and ask their parts department to order it and see what they say. Considering that the 2021 model still has the bed power option from the factory, I don't know why they'd remove it, unless the part number changed. Otherwise, a third party bed power option might be the only way.

Trylovance

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Listed as Discontinued it seems. Go to a ford dealer directly and ask their parts department to order it and see what they say. Considering that the 2021 model still has the bed power option from the factory, I don't know why they'd remove it, unless the part number changed. Otherwise, a third party bed power option might be the only way.
Thanks for the suggestion - yeah, I finally contacted the dealer a few posts up (Levittown, I think) and they contacted me to let me know it'd be available at the end of October. I'm excited!! I have all the other parts, just needed this one.

mark Johnson

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4
I was also able to install the Wolfhaus 12v Outlet in my Ranger’s bed. It is expensive. The quality of the outlet, wiring and a 10 minute install time makes up for it.

it is extremely easy to install. I have had some health issues that limit my endurance, flexibility and strength. However, don’t feel sorry for me, it is an opening to spend more time with my daughters and son working together. We get more time together and I get to feel like in some small way, I am teaching them about tools and how things work! Below are some pics of the outlet in the bed. I also included a pic of the install process with my daughters! Great time!

33EFED88-D29E-4979-A001-7059268ECE66.jpeg

3C49C50E-A21F-487A-B29E-A0EC8581E5EA.jpeg

E8138BDC-F4CE-40C1-BF7C-56C0FF8C3E23.jpeg

0D7C29E9-640D-4D6E-88BE-D0E9F73C5085.jpeg

A278488B-6F99-417C-BC7E-19D3D6A19C90.jpeg
I was also able to install the Wolfhaus 12v Outlet in my Ranger’s bed. It is expensive. The quality of the outlet, wiring and a 10 minute install time makes up for it.

it is extremely easy to install. I have had some health issues that limit my endurance, flexibility and strength. However, don’t feel sorry for me, it is an opening to spend more time with my daughters and son working together. We get more time together and I get to feel like in some small way, I am teaching them about tools and how things work! Below are some pics of the outlet in the bed. I also included a pic of the install process with my daughters! Great time!

33EFED88-D29E-4979-A001-7059268ECE66.jpeg

3C49C50E-A21F-487A-B29E-A0EC8581E5EA.jpeg

E8138BDC-F4CE-40C1-BF7C-56C0FF8C3E23.jpeg

0D7C29E9-640D-4D6E-88BE-D0E9F73C5085.jpeg

A278488B-6F99-417C-BC7E-19D3D6A19C90.jpeg
good to see your dog supervisor installation, you know it’s done right!

mark_anderson_us

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 2020
Occupation
Software Developer
been reading thru this tread and a bit lost.

building out my 2020 lariat FX4 for very light overlanding. Have ikamper mini with decked drawer system (so-so). got a ZROADS access overland rack with 6 LED pods in in it. need to power that, LED's in RTT and some for cooking, etc in annex. What do i need to do to get power in the bed for the LED's and a few USB and/or 12v outlets?

Thanks

Mark

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
been reading thru this tread and a bit lost.

building out my 2020 lariat FX4 for very light overlanding. Have ikamper mini with decked drawer system (so-so). got a ZROADS access overland rack with 6 LED pods in in it. need to power that, LED's in RTT and some for cooking, etc in annex. What do i need to do to get power in the bed for the LED's and a few USB and/or 12v outlets?

Thanks

Mark
Hi Mark,

You should have the pick up box lead just above the left rear wheel on the outside of the frame. However this power point is on a timer that turns off after 2 hours, so for continuous power you will have to tap the battery of the Ranger....I caution you as if you drain the battery, you will have a no start condition and you are likely going to be stranded. That said, what is your power draw of your leds?. Do not understand "some cooking" in an annex...you mean illumination? Again what is the draw? How many days are you going to be out? You can run the engine every day to recharge the vehicle battery but at idle the charging is very slow.

Let us know what your specs are and we may be able to assess this a bit better.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

mark_anderson_us

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 2020
Occupation
Software Developer
Hi Mark,

You should have the pick up box lead just above the left rear wheel on the outside of the frame. However this power point is on a timer that turns off after 2 hours, so for continuous power you will have to tap the battery of the Ranger....I caution you as if you drain the battery, you will have a no start condition and you are likely going to be stranded. That said, what is your power draw of your leds?. Do not understand "some cooking" in an annex...you mean illumination? Again what is the draw? How many days are you going to be out? You can run the engine every day to recharge the vehicle battery but at idle the charging is very slow.

Let us know what your specs are and we may be able to assess this a bit better.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Hi Phil

Thanks for the info.

Not sure what the current draw is going to be as I haven't purchased the lights yet, Probably 5v 2.1A. I could live with 2 hours. Most trips will weekenders and no problems running the car for a few hours if needed

I may be doing some cooking inside the tent annex in inclement weather and just need some lighting there.

My bed rack has 4 x 20W LED lights in it

I want to install something like this (but waterproof):

Power.jpg
Sponsored