Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Technician
So I just got these in the mail today.
Bought them off eBay, I haven't installed them yet, but already I'm dissapointed in the quality issues.
I've contacted the seller to let them know to check thier QC department.......
Both Left and Right side marker.jpg
Sponsored

TheAssuager

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Supercrew XLT
The two sets I ordered on Amazon came with those plastic screen protectors - like you see on new monitors. These look to be used!

OP
OP
Ibanezbass671

Ibanezbass671

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Technician
Well I guess I get what I paid for.....set was only $24 a pair.....

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Well I guess I get what I paid for.....set was only $24 a pair.....
Actually that statement is a bit misleading - I've gotten plenty of cheap chinese knock-offs that that are perfectly fine. Generally most stuff you buy is going to be Chinese anyhow, but just heavily marked up when you go through a retailer instead of buying "somewhat" direct like eBay / Amazon. (alibaba.com would be an example of actually buying direct)

For example I found a seller on Alibaba some time ago that was selling nearly identical looking ROAM 105L storage boxes. Molding design was the same, latches where slightly different, but construction designed same, but they were only something like $110 each as oppose to ROAM charging $360. ROAM is making a killing on those "overland" boxes.

Most of your gucci brand lighting is Chinese made, but "assembled in the USA".

Just send it back and get another one shipped out.

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Just remember when you put those lights on that remove the OE amber side reflector you should add amber side reflectors or the truck is technically not road legal. One of the cleanest options of that would be the AlphaRex headlights, for some reason they put reflectors in them and refuse to make a version without.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Quit buying Chinese made products.
Like the Lincoln Nautilus?

Currently produced at Oakville Assembly, NA production will move to Ford in China where they currently build the Nautilus for other markets. Oakville Assembly was scheduled to be relocated to Mexico but will now be re-tooled to meet future EV needs.

ArchitectThom

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Architect
Just remember when you put those lights on that remove the OE amber side reflector you should add amber side reflectors or the truck is technically not road legal. One of the cleanest options of that would be the AlphaRex headlights, for some reason they put reflectors in them and refuse to make a version without.
Nobody cares.

ArchitectThom

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Architect

SVTPaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2004 SVT Cobra, 2008 Subaru STi
Occupation
Engineer
I'd be more concerned about functional issues. Have you tried them yet? They look great on my RTR flares and blend right in but my driver side light didn't make it through one of our harsh winters without a few of the LED's in the strip dying. My expectations were low especially considering the cost so I bought two pairs to have a spare. Looks like I might need a set every year though lol

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Nobody cares.
I care, and I am somebody. :D Also, police are not equally lenient in all areas and you never know when you could be in one of those places. I've had a car 100% electrically die when the reman alternator's voltage regulator died and blew the main fuses out on my car at night. Only way anyone saw the car was their lights in my reflectors.

ArchitectThom

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Architect
I care, and I am somebody. :D Also, police are not equally lenient in all areas and you never know when you could be in one of those places. I've had a car 100% electrically die when the reman alternator's voltage regulator died and blew the main fuses out on my car at night. Only way anyone saw the car was their lights in my reflectors.
There are reflectors in the headlights and the taillights.

Thank you.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
For the very reason you’ve stated and so that parked vehicles can still be seen when it’s dark. Imagine the irony of a parked vehicle being deemed at fault in an accident claim.

They are important safety features but anyone buying these certainly doesn’t care. I love my black on black on black on black truck and I think those look way better, but there’s no way I’d mess with the side markers or tint my taillights.
Sponsored