DirtyBlueshirt

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Got the Diode Dynamics LED turns signals (XP80) installed up front, completing the full LED transformation of the exterior (front turn, side marker, mirror signals). Here's a quick before and after. I have one more install coming, as soon as it's processed on YouTube!

Sponsored

OP
OP
DirtyBlueshirt

DirtyBlueshirt

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here's the other one, I got the Roush Cold Air Intake installed, quick and easy. I went with Roush because I had their CAI for my Mustang, and they're CARB compliant here in California, so there will never be a hassle about it.

OP
OP
DirtyBlueshirt

DirtyBlueshirt

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The Redline Tuning QuickLift Elite hood Struts arrived today and were installed in just a couple minutes... an excellent fix for the Ford beancounter's wrath.

IMG_7293.jpeg

IMG_7294.jpeg

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Sales
About a week in, I'll start my official build thread. So far, the small things are starting, and I have a growing list of plans to come.

Showcase link: https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/showcase/2022-lariat-tremor-lucy.699/

As of [2022-09-06], here's what I've got done:

And coming up, here's what I have planned:

IMG_6709.jpeg

IMG_6710.jpeg

IMG_6711.jpeg

IMG_6747.jpeg

IMG_6753.jpeg

IMG_6765.jpeg

IMG_6769.jpeg

IMG_6782.jpeg

IMG_6784.jpeg

IMG_6785.jpeg

IMG_6786.jpeg

IMG_6787.jpeg

IMG_6792.jpeg

IMG_6793.jpeg

IMG_6794.jpeg

IMG_6795.jpeg

Screenshot 2022-07-30 at 7.35.36 PM.png
How did the peddle covers fit??? You put mat over line ex??? I was thinking of same thing. LMK please Nice Mods and awesome truck

Last edited:

RangerPNW

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Project Manager
Got the Diode Dynamics LED turns signals (XP80) installed up front, completing the full LED transformation of the exterior (front turn, side marker, mirror signals). Here's a quick before and after. I have one more install coming, as soon as it's processed on YouTube!

Oooh, thanks for sharing this. I've been curious how those look, definitely on my list to get now.

OP
OP
DirtyBlueshirt

DirtyBlueshirt

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How did the peddle covers fit??? You put mat over line ex??? I was thinking of same thing. LMK please Nice Mods and awesome truck
Thank you! The pedal covers fit well, very tight fit, though I am noticing the brake pedal cover has slipped off a couple times, so I might investigate options to help adhesion, probably some 3M VHB tape.

I don't have the bed mat yet; but I do plan to get it, primarily to help with comfort when kneeling in the bed.

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Sales
Thank you! The pedal covers fit well, very tight fit, though I am noticing the brake pedal cover has slipped off a couple times, so I might investigate options to help adhesion, probably some 3M VHB tape.

I don't have the bed mat yet; but I do plan to get it, primarily to help with comfort when kneeling in the bed.
Thanks for the reply do you mind if I ask what you paid for the Line ex sprayon. I just got a Price on Friday for 699 For the premium With the UV Top coat

OP
OP
DirtyBlueshirt

DirtyBlueshirt

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reply do you mind if I ask what you paid for the Line ex sprayon. I just got a Price on Friday for 699 For the premium With the UV Top coat
That sounds about right, but mine was baked in by the dealer, so I don't know the exact price.

OP
OP
DirtyBlueshirt

DirtyBlueshirt

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
A dirt clod on the 5 freeway back in September put a small dent in the front edge of the hood... Lesson learned. Wasn't expecting to get a hood deflector, but for the price, it wasn't bad at all.

IMG_8226.jpeg

OP
OP
DirtyBlueshirt

DirtyBlueshirt

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm finally back from my 6-week sojourn in Australia. Aside from ogling at the Ranger Raptors (both 5th and 6th gen!) and the Tremor-equivalent FX4max, I had a mission to finally get the proper plate mount for my custom AU-style front plate. I contacted ted a local Ford dealer, after looking at a couple versions of Rangers that would have brackets closest to what may fit on our version, and settled on the bracket used on the 2020-ish FX4max (pictured on the grey truck below, JB3Z-17A385-F if anyone is curious). Getting home, it took a couple modifications still, namely carving out the folded-in standoffs; and I did have to use two self-drilling screws to attach it to the bumper... but I got it!

The genesis of this project is that my friend in Sydney told me when I bought the Ranger that I had "a proper Bogan ute"... so I ran with the idea :sunglasses:

IMG_9473.jpeg

IMG_9472.jpeg

This spring though... I saw these bars on the FX4max and decided I wanted them. I found a supplier online with reasonable shipping to the US and I'm going to take the risk and hope it will work out:

IMG_8658.jpeg

IMG_8701.jpeg

Highlander

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Shadow Black Lariat 501A TREMOR
Occupation
Private
Vehicle Showcase
slight correction....that's 10 packs a day.....We shouldn't short change the accomplishments of the past owner...:crackup:
Not in Canada. 25 p/pk, 8 pk/crt, 200 cigarettes.

Frank

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor Lariat
Occupation
Mechanic
Here's the other one, I got the Roush Cold Air Intake installed, quick and easy. I went with Roush because I had their CAI for my Mustang, and they're CARB compliant here in California, so there will never be a hassle about it.

did your truck come with an engine cover? mine didnt and they want 135$ for it with an unknown estimated time of when theyre getting them in.

OP
OP
DirtyBlueshirt

DirtyBlueshirt

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
did your truck come with an engine cover? mine didnt and they want 135$ for it with an unknown estimated time of when theyre getting them in.
it did not, it was one of my first purchases in August after I got the truck.
Sponsored