First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Scientist
Are you sure the rear one comes off that easily? My 2020 has some kind of nuts that I can't get undone? I had to take the inside panel off of the tail gate and still couldn't get them off??
Thanks,
For me it did. My 2021 had a two piece emblem on the back, the outer piece pops off the inner piece (camera housing) fairly easily. No screws or anything. The camera housing (inner piece) had to be unbolted. My truck was almost brand new when I did it and I could already see dust and dirt getting in there, water was well, so I can imagine it might corrode with time.
Sponsored

OP
OP
dr7ski

dr7ski

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Scientist
I have that same jack mount on my bedrack.

Watch out, they rust.

Hit it with some paint.

And also, since your truck is named Jolene, I have to wonder...

4da.jpg

Thanks, I will paint it. At $19 it was hard to go wrong. The Xtrusion Overland ones are super sweet and made from a block of aluminum it looks like. But they are also $165. Not sure if this is going to be the permanent placement of the jack so $19 it is. I guess I have this fear of the jack becoming a deadly projectile during a collision so I think it will eventually get mounted low in the bed on the bed panels.

OP
OP
dr7ski

dr7ski

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Scientist
Got the new tonneau cover installed. (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZQR9TPB/)

1631542142708.png

Really nice for $800. The install wasn't too bad. A little expanding foam in the rear to help seal. I could not get the cover on with my Xtrusion Overland rack in place so I needed to remove it for the install. The main modification I had to make for the cover to fit was to use button head bolts (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TP9KVFS/) rather than hex head for the Xtrusion Overland clamps. I will post some more pictures once the rack and RTT are back on.

LTManx

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Military
dr7ski,
This is a great build thread! Thanks for the posts and links. I ordered my truck (same Lariat, Tremor, carbonized, etc.) and take delivery on ~22 September 22.

It's been 11 months since your last post. Any updates or (more importantly) any lessons learned on the upgrades you made. How are the products you purchased holding up and would you buy them again?

Thx!
Sponsored