Differences between Lariat and XLT

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know. I'm thinking that they may help to get the dew off the mirrors which happens frequently further south in the winter. I guess I'm too lazy to wipe the mirrors with a towel.
I'm with you, as a driveway parker.
Sponsored

StAugKid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Occupation
Assistant Manager Kay Jewelers
The heated mirrors would be nice for the dew. I had heated seats in my Prius before my Fiesta ST and I never used them. I never knew why heated seats almost always seem to be standard in any car with leather but not ventilated seats. I get so sweaty sitting on leather even with the a/c on. I love the cloth in my Fiesta. Never too hot, never too cold and always provides better grip of your body as you slide out of a curve or turn over sitting on leather.

djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma 4dr Sport Long Bed
Vehicle Showcase
Having driven both the XLT and the Lariat I found they drove differently. Both 4x4. The XLT was FX4 and I drove both FX4 and non-FX4 Lariats. I know this advice isn’t all that helpful but if you are deciding between the two I recommend driving them back to back.

I thought the Lariat Fx4 and non-fx4 were similar but the XLT felt different to me. I’m not saying the XLT was worse necessarily, I’m just saying it did have a different driving experience for me.

Last edited:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Having driven both the XLT and the Lariat I found they drove differently. Both 4x4. The XLT was FX4 and I drove both FX4 and non-FX4 Lariats. I know this advice isn’t all that helpful but if you are deciding between the two I recommend driving them back to back.

I thought the Lariat Fx4 and non-fx4 were similar but the XLT felt different to me. I’m not saying the XLT was worse necessarily, I’m just saying it did have a different driving experience for me.
I'm curious - what exactly did you feel the difference was?

djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma 4dr Sport Long Bed
Vehicle Showcase
I'm curious - what exactly did you feel the difference was?
To me the XLT had a more “truck like” ride in that it jostled me a round a bit more and had some more body roll. I remembered the Lariats being smoother on pavement. The transmission also wasn’t as smooth on the XLT but I credit that to there being only 8 miles on the truck. I’m not sure if the difference in the ride was just in my brain or if the extra weight on a fully packaged Lariat settled it down a bit.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
To me the XLT had a more “truck like” ride in that it jostled me a round a bit more and had some more body roll. I remembered the Lariats being smoother on pavement. The transmission also wasn’t as smooth on the XLT but I credit that to there being only 8 miles on the truck. I’m not sure if the difference in the ride was just in my brain or if the extra weight on a fully packaged Lariat settled it down a bit.
I wonder if the tire pressures were different on the trucks. I've seen many reports here of harsh rides only to find out the tires were over inflated.

I drove my 2005 Ranger to my test drive, and the 2019 XLT I test drove felt like a (insert your favorite luxury car here) by comparison! There certainly was a night and day difference in the ride of the two vehicles.

chuck stein

First Name
chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma-now-gone
I am new to Ford. In process of selling my Tacoma 4x and then getting a Ranger. The Lariat seems nice, but I don't think I want leather seats unless they have an option for seat cooling. Here in AZ leather is a pita unless they are cooled in some way. My guess is I'll be getting a XLT 4x Ranger and then later doing some 4x4 mods to it.

Curtzilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Hot Pepper Red Chrome pkg
I don't know. I'm thinking that they may help to get the dew off the mirrors which happens frequently further south in the winter. I guess I'm too lazy to wipe the mirrors with a towel.
correct. the same way that rear window defrost will remove dew

pannwfn

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 fx4 level II
Mahogany wood it ain't plastic it is but it looks fantastic you won't be disappointed.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Yup...forgot those.

Well, it seems that I'll have to live with the Lariat instrument cluster. I really want a few of the things the Lariat offers:
upgraded sound system
Push button start
Platinum white color.

Thanks guys...I knew there were reasons I kept going back to the Lariat.
I don't really care much about colors, but push-button start is really convenient--you just keep the key fob in your pocket all day, never have to take it out--and the B&O sound system is to die for!

Last edited:

CaptainAmericaRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Machine & Tool Designer- Ford Motor Comapny
Vehicle Showcase
Yup...forgot those.

Well, it seems that I'll have to live with the Lariat instrument cluster. I really want a few of the things the Lariat offers:
upgraded sound system
Push button start
Platinum white color.

I totally agree, the Lariat instrument cluster is a cluster f**k lol. its just stupid.
One of the things that really bugs me, you cant change the radio stations using the steering wheel unless you have the right side display on Entertainment.
which means there's redundant audio info, and you cant have the compass displayed or other display and still use the steering wheel controls.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I totally agree, the Lariat instrument cluster is a cluster f**k lol. its just stupid.
One of the things that really bugs me, you cant change the radio stations using the steering wheel unless you have the right side display on Entertainment.
which means there's redundant audio info, and you cant have the compass displayed or other display and still use the steering wheel controls.
I keep the right side on the Navigation (so the compass displays) and I'm able to switch radio stations with the steering wheel next/prev buttons - That only cycles thru the presets, though. Maybe you were referring to tuning the radio manually?

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
Yup...forgot those.

upgraded sound system
Push button start
Platinum white color.

You won't be disappointed. I went with the lariat for those reasons. Lariat with the White Platinum and all the options

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
You won't be disappointed. I went with the lariat for those reasons. Lariat with the White Platinum and all the options
Yes, the instrument cluster blows but everything else is well worth it.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Since there is zero difference, beyond options, I would say there is a 99.9% chance the XLT had over inflated tires.
Sponsored