Another day in pre shipping purgatory
Sponsored

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT CA Special. Ordering a Ranger Lariat FX2 Supercab in February 2020
Another day in pre shipping purgatory
Yep! So mine has now spent it's tenth day in IL.
For whatever reason it is moving very slowly, if at all.
It was due to arrive in Torrance on July 1st.
Not going to happen.
DAM IT!
This waiting SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
zhuskers1

zhuskers1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
retired
The link to check on your status is not working. Is there a new link?

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT CA Special. Ordering a Ranger Lariat FX2 Supercab in February 2020
The link to check on your status is not working. Is there a new link?
Friggin wonderful!
The dealer has a link to use that we are not. I'm sure that still works.

OP
OP
zhuskers1

zhuskers1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
retired
Friggin wonderful!
The dealer has a link to use that we are not. I'm sure that still works.
I used the “chat” function and the rep checked for me. She said my car is “in transit“. Maybe the link has not been working. For awhile........

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I used the “chat” function and the rep checked for me. She said my car is “in transit“. Maybe the link has not been working. For awhile........
LOL Of course it is "Transit" has been since it was built. That isn't telling us anything.
Isn't telling us where it is or ETA to destination.

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
LOL Of course it is "Transit" has been since it was built. That isn't telling us anything.
Isn't telling us where it is or ETA to destination.
Aggravating, isn't it?

I can say I do love driving this truck! I got mud on the tires, mud on the running boards, mud on the fenders. I think Monday, when I finally get home, I'll give it a bath. I've spent the week in Carrabassett Valley, volunteer caretaking, hiking, and driving the logging roads.

Ok, maybe that was mean.

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aggravating, isn't it?

I can say I do love driving this truck! I got mud on the tires, mud on the running boards, mud on the fenders. I think Monday, when I finally get home, I'll give it a bath. I've spent the week in Carrabassett Valley, volunteer caretaking, hiking, and driving the logging roads.

Ok, maybe that was mean.
YES! You're a meanO
LMAO
So I found out my truck finally started moving late yesterday. 20 days in IL!
Wonder if somebody was taking it out for a joy ride and didn't want to bring it back?
Dealer thinks it will arrive sometime next week.
I sure hope so. This is killing me slowly.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
How reliable and timely are the updates from the shipper?
Not much. My recollection is that the truck just suddenly appeared, the shipping info wasn't a good predictor.

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK this is getting absurd!
Today marks 21 days in IL.

The following is an email from my dealer

7:59 PM (45 minutes ago)
to me
This is crazy... One day it is at Yarcenter, IL & the next day it shows at Clearing, IL then the following day it goes back to Yarcenter, IL then the last update shows it is at Clearing, IL

I already emailed the Ford rep this morning to look into it & I'm waiting on his reply. I probably wont hear back from him until Monday.

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 days...................

HarryD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger 4X4 SuperCrew Magnetic Lariat Sport
I ordered my truck the last week of January and it arrived almost exactly 8 weeks later, March 31. The factory incentives expired on March 31, so even though I made delivery in the first week of April, they dated my paperwork March 31.
However, we were already into the Covid 19 lockdown then and the dealer sales department was basically closed. I was able to make an appointment and all was well. I was able to drive my new baby home!

Johnv1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
So I ordered my truck back in February, the 8th to be exact and was told 6-8 weeks. My brother had ordered one last year and it was more or less in the middle of that estimate so I assumed the same.

Along came Covid in March so obviously the build was put on hold. It was slated to be built May 26 and was ready to be shipped a few days later. It came in on June 26th and the dealer notified me on the following Monday and I took delivery the 30th. What was odd was that during the final week of “in transit” the estimated delivery date jumped to July 15th. Luckily that wasn’t the case. However I feel the pain of those who are still waiting but the truck was well worth the wait.

11 r150

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 ranger 2018 focus eco 2012 fusion 2013 silverwing
Damn DannyL. Hard to believe that our trucks were built on the same day. I know I'm a lot closer than you to the assembly plant but still. Probably tired of hearing this, but it will make it someday. Once it shows up it will be the best truck ever.

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Damn DannyL. Hard to believe that our trucks were built on the same day. I know I'm a lot closer than you to the assembly plant but still. Probably tired of hearing this, but it will make it someday. Once it shows up it will be the best truck ever.
I just got some good news
After 23 days in rail yard hell my truck is on the move. At 12:00 noon today it was passing through Omaha NE. ETA to my dealer is said to to be Friday or Saturday.
They want 24 hours to prep the truck before delivery.
WOOOOOHOOOO
Sponsored