Delivery times from factory.

zhuskers1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
retired
Our new Ranger finished production today. The dealer said it would not be in Nebraska until August 1st. That seems like a LONG time.

We order a new Aviator and it took 2 weeks.

Is this right??? Things that slow do to COVID?
Sponsored

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
I'm showing an estimated ship time of 9 days, but expected delivery date end of July, which seems excessive to me. Talked to my dealer today, and they have the same information. They have no idea when vehicles get delivered, they just show up...which seemed weird to me. I'm still expecting it this week or next.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I'm showing an estimated ship time of 9 days, but expected delivery date end of July, which seems excessive to me. Talked to my dealer today, and they have the same information. They have no idea when vehicles get delivered, they just show up...which seemed weird to me. I'm still expecting it this week or next.
Typically the estimated dates are pretty pessimistic and you will most likely get it before the end of July, but shipping times are very odd to me. The trucks end up spending a lot of time sitting, not moving.

Scott D

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/STX
I'm about to order one and my dealership is saying 8 weeks.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm about to order one and my dealership is saying 8 weeks.
That might be slightly optimistic, but not too far. I'd say expect 10-12 weeks and if it comes sooner all the better.

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT CA Special. Ordering a Ranger Lariat FX2 Supercab in February 2020
Not to sound like an ass but your dealer is lying to you. They have access to websites and info that we as customers can't access.
They know everything. When it will be built. When it was built. What hour it was built.
They can find out when the rail car will be loaded. After it is in motion they can tell you where EXACTLY your truck is. They get more updated delivery times too. We don't.
What Ford gives us is highly inflated dates. Why? Because they will NEVER be late. (Not including government forced closures) They will appear to be heros for delivering your truck weeks early.

Once your truck arrives at the Dealer they should have it done and prepped in no more than a couple of days. My Dealer says 24 hours, maybe less.

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Not to sound like an ass but your dealer is lying to you. They have access to websites and info that we as customers can't access.
They know everything. When it will be built. When it was built. What hour it was built.
They can find out when the rail car will be loaded. After it is in motion they can tell you where EXACTLY your truck is. They get more updated delivery times too. We don't.
What Ford gives us is highly inflated dates. Why? Because they will NEVER be late. (Not including government forced closures) They will appear to be heros for delivering your truck weeks early.

Once your truck arrives at the Dealer they should have it done and prepped in no more than a couple of days. My Dealer says 24 hours, maybe less.
You don't sound like an ass. The truth neither fears nor offends. I'll pester them again tomorrow.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You don't sound like an ass. The truth neither fears nor offends. I'll pester them again tomorrow.
Just to provide a bit more ammo - we used to have someone on the forums who worked at a plant who had access to the "insider" system, and he would provide updates when people asked. I don't think he has been on here for quite some time now, but it was really interesting. I made the following map showing the progress of my truck as it made its way across the country:

https://www.mapcustomizer.com/map/RWRangerFinalMap

And here is a screen shot of the full listing showing all the detail on my order:
RangerStatusListing.PNG

So there is a TON of information they can provide if they want to.

OP
OP
zhuskers1

zhuskers1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
retired
mine has been sitting at the ramp at the plant for 9 days. Now dealer system delivery of August 9 to 15th
What the heck? Ordered in mid March.

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I swear they are holding up delivery's so the rebates that they offered expire at the beginning of July, but I could just be paranoid.

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT CA Special. Ordering a Ranger Lariat FX2 Supercab in February 2020
I swear they are holding up delivery's so the rebates that they offered expire at the beginning of July, but I could just be paranoid.
What rebates? Ford isn't offering much in June.
0% for 60 month OR $1000 cash back and 2.9% financing.
Frankly I am not very hopeful that they will offer anything more or less in July.

I am VERY happy to have locked in my discounts, rebates and incentives when I ordered my Lariat on Valentines Day.

BTW My dealer says it should be here in under a week now. Can't sleep anymore. No appetite either.
This waiting is killing me

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
What rebates? Ford isn't offering much in June.
0% for 60 month OR $1000 cash back and 2.9% financing.
Frankly I am not very hopeful that they will over anything more or less in July.

I am VERY happy to have locked in my discounts, rebates and incentives when I ordered my Lariat on Valentines Day.

BTW My dealer says it should be here in under a week now. Can't sleep anymore. No appetite either.
This waiting is killing me
I feel your pain. May be why I'm not sleeping very well, either. :crackup:

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
My GF had an interesting theory...when it goes to awaiting shipment the 2nd time, its because its waiting for a truck to haul the new vehicle to the dealer. Awating shipement...train. Then awaiting shipment...truck. Makes sense.

OP
OP
zhuskers1

zhuskers1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
retired
You would think after being shut down you would prioritize your "sold" orders to capture revenue quicker. Thi is obviously not the case.....

Mine still setting at the ramp at the plant....going on 2 weeks.... :(

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
You would think after being shut down you would prioritize your "sold" orders to capture revenue quicker. Thi is obviously not the case.....

Mine still setting at the ramp at the plant....going on 2 weeks.... :(

I do not know what you mean by sitting at the ramp... It is either in the shipping yard of the company that receives all vehicles from the plant or it is on plant property, and if on plant property, it is there for a reason...waiting for repair or a part shortage. Either way, you do not want to get the vehicle until it is deemed customer ready. The days of letting the dealership finish the vehicle are long gone. "Sold" orders is also confusing. I think you mean built to order by you and not dealer stock, correct? Ford does not build spec units. Every unit on the assembly line was ordered and Ford gets its $ for the vehicle the minute it hits the shipping company's yard. You sometimes see a train derailment and new cars strewn across the tracks etc. Those cars are owned by the railway at this time....Ford did not loose any $ on them. So from the Plant perspective orders are scheduled and sometimes withheld if there is a production problem, parts shortage etc.

Hope what ever the hold up of your truck is, it gets resolved.

We occasionally got into a build and park situation at an assemby plant. Take Lorain Ohio...two plants in one under roof. Thunderchickens on the car side and Econolines on the other side. We were in the middle of a headache with the 8.8 rear axle for pitch line runout resulting in Econoline Boom. When we pulled into Lorain Assembly there were Thunderchickens parked all around the plant and it was obvious none of the Chickens had taillights. Thousands of Thunderchickens. We could not even find a place to park. So we gave up and drove back to our hotel to map strategy for how to support our plant drives. We hired a cab. It took weeks for the plant to get the Thunderchickens processsed once parts became available. Just another production nightmare...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored

Last edited: