First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor 4wd crew cab
Occupation
Manufacturing
Guys simply plug in a small night light to the ac plug in the rear seat area. No more stops. The receptacle is not powered when the truck is turned off so no running battery down
Sponsored

TheBadger

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 STX Crew 4Ă—4
Occupation
Union Pipefitter
Auto start/stop never bothered me personally. Save gas, starter is designed to handle it, can switch it off and even program it off in Forscan. Hearing people gripe about it is far more annoying. However I recently installed an Optima yellow top battery and ASS hasn't worked since. ?‍♂

30AughtTex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 4Runner, 18 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Oil/Gas R&D
Auto start/stop never bothered me personally. Save gas, starter is designed to handle it, can switch it off and even program it off in Forscan. Hearing people gripe about it is far more annoying. However I recently installed an Optima yellow top battery and ASS hasn't worked since. ?‍♂
FYI, if you're inclined, you can get it working by resetting the Battery Monitoring System. You can do the reset in FORScan.

TheBadger

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 STX Crew 4Ă—4
Occupation
Union Pipefitter
FYI, if you're inclined, you can get it working by resetting the Battery Monitoring System. You can do the reset in FORScan.
Oh maybe that's the issue. I set my battery to charge to 90%. Does that disable ASS?

Reactions: Doc

Bluey91

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Pilot
B90C3844-EAF1-4258-A6DF-5676BC1C1972.jpeg

disconnect plug from battery… no more stop start. Also no warning messages. Start stop feature can’t tell if the battery is charged so it just doesn’t work.

30AughtTex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Oil/Gas R&D
Oh maybe that's the issue. I set my battery to charge to 90%. Does that disable ASS?
Not that I'm aware of, but I do know disconnecting/replacing the battery requires resetting the monitor or ASS won't work.

ScottyT

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Unless I missed a post, but how do you switch it off without programing it off?

30AughtTex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Oil/Gas R&D
Unless I missed a post, but how do you switch it off without programing it off?
You can turn it on/off using a button next to the shifter. It defaults on once you cycle the ignition though.

delaware

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Yaris, 95 Chevy G20, 62 VW
Occupation
Engineer
My dealer just called me and told me he was able to delete the auto start/stop (I asked about it last week). I thought I was doing the right thing (I do some road work and a LOT of slow/stop driving).

Did I make a mistake by asking to have it removed? Dealer said it wouldn't cost me anything, so that's good, I guess. I too was of the understanding that it would be excess wear on the starter.

30AughtTex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Oil/Gas R&D
My dealer just called me and told me he was able to delete the auto start/stop (I asked about it last week). I thought I was doing the right thing (I do some road work and a LOT of slow/stop driving).

Did I make a mistake by asking to have it removed? Dealer said it wouldn't cost me anything, so that's good, I guess. I too was of the understanding that it would be excess wear on the starter.
The starters are sturdier units designed for auto start/stop, not a concern. I had it removed from my order as well though. Your truck may be built sooner without AS/S, and it'll knock a WHOLE ENTIRE $50 off your MSRP!

delaware

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Yaris, 95 Chevy G20, 62 VW
Occupation
Engineer
The starters are sturdier units designed for auto start/stop, not a concern. I had it removed from my order as well though. Your truck may be built sooner without AS/S, and it'll knock a WHOLE ENTIRE $50 off your MSRP!
I used my X-Plan and should have a price locked-in (my dealer didn't mention a $50 credit lol - he bragged it wouldn't cost me anything!).

Sooner is good.

30AughtTex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Oil/Gas R&D
Taken from the order summary I requested from the dealer:
removal.PNG

philanderer

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 ford ranger
what i found confusing is that removal is $50 off msrp, but only $47 off invoice if you get it ordered that way. shouldnt it be more than $50 off invoice price? did i get screwed out of 6 bucks or so? im cancelling my order

aaaaaorde.jpg

30AughtTex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Oil/Gas R&D
what i found confusing is that removal is $50 off msrp, but only $47 off invoice if you get it ordered that way. shouldnt it be more than $50 off invoice price? did i get screwed out of 6 bucks or so? im cancelling my order

aaaaaorde.jpg
Yes it should be $-53 from the invoice. You need to stop what you're doing immediately and go make a scene at your dealer because they're taking advantage of you! Demand your $6!
Sponsored