4 Months from order to delivery? Is this what others are experiencing?

Sheepdog

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger SuperCrew 4x2 XL
Occupation
Retired police officer
Wow.

When I custom ordered my new Porsche convertible, it only took about 6-8 weeks for it to arrive at the dealer as I recall, and it was coming all the way from Stuttgart in Germany.

I wonder if it's COVID that's slowing things down...
Sponsored

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Jim, I'd be more afraid of your wife taking the checkbook away from you before the DMV pulls your license. ?
Ahhh, I think it's so cute that you think I even have the checkbook in my possession. :)

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Ahhh, I think it's so cute that you think I even have the checkbook in my possession. :)
I should've know after all these years and all the vehicles you have she took it away a long time ago. :giggle:

Thatwaspontus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab FX4
Occupation
WTT
Ordered an XLT SCab with most of the options on 8/2/2021. Dealer had the VIN by 25/2/2021. They contacted me yesterday (26/3/2021) to let me know the truck had finished production and delivery is expected before the end of April. So I guess 2-2 1/2 months. Dealer estimated 10 weeks. Located in southern Alberta if that is of any help.
Just updating this, truck was delivered yesterday and I'll be picking it up tomorrow. 10 weeks just as the dealer quoted.

Last edited:

SKULLZONE

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariet Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
I.T. Director
Ordered my 2021 Ranger on 1/29/21.

After repeated requests I finally got the VIN from the dealer.

The Ford site is reporting that the order was confirmed on 3/4/21 and the vehicle is not in production.

the Dealer is saying that the vehicle will go into production the first week of May and should be to the dealer by the end of May.

So from time of order to delivery will be approximately 16 weeks.

Is this a normal timeframe? Or maybe the dealer messed up and didn't submit the order promptly.

Just wondering if others are seeing similar timeframes.
The old normal was about 4 - 6 weeks. There is no normal now !

Grussell

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat 4X4 Screw, 17 Escape Titanium
Occupation
retired fire fighter
Can someone share the Ford tracking website? My dealer hasn't provided anything of value since the order was placed in early April. I have yet to receive even an order acknowledgment, let alone a VIN or a delivery timeline.

Frio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Can someone share the Ford tracking website? My dealer hasn't provided anything of value since the order was placed in early April. I have yet to receive even an order acknowledgment, let alone a VIN or a delivery timeline.
https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/

I ordered in mid Feb and it took a full three months for delivery so four months doesn't sound unreasonable now.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
If you don't have a VIN yet just go into your account on the Ford site and it should show the progress.

https://accountmanager.ford.com/home

Craftsman

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Carbonized Gray
Occupation
Furniture Maker
Just ordered a Lariat ,crew cab, FX4 yesterday. Order form said 19 weeks.

towpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariet F150
my order was accepted by Ford 6/21. My truck has a 8/21 expected build date.
and I am expecting around 15 days to ship it.

I expect my window sticker to be populated next week (I am an optimist)

I can't find it now but I think I saw the 2021 order cutoff was mid September which would give you a mid November build date. 2022 startup was December and I think I saw sometime in October is when the 2022 order books opened.

I read where if your order was accepted week of 7/26 you would have been assigned a build date week of 9/27
But the week of 8/2 they are not scheduling any Ranger orders.
but it takes about a week to get your order approved so better luck next week.

I also see announced (for NY area, others may apply) that on July 22nd they were not scheduling any rangers with XL100A or Lariat SuperCab (R1E, R1F: 500A & 501A) packages. (but you bought a SuperCrew so this will not apply to you)
same thing was announced July 29th.
Now those restrictions were removed Aug 5th but that week they were not scheduling any Rangers.

Edit, next weeks schedule just came out.
If your order is accepted nect week you will have a build date the week of 10/4

than its got a 1500 mile train ride to New Mexico. and keep in mind a couple days ago there was a major train crash in east Missouri (loaded with Ford product). Hopefully that line is opened back up or routed around by mid October :)

the last truck I ordered was a 2018 Ram 3500 dually. once it was loaded on the train if you look at the time from when it left the plant to when it got to the final train yard I think it averaged around 4mph :( if the same holds true for my Ranger it should arrive 12 days after its shipped in central Florida.

in 2006 I had a special order that sat in a rail yard for 2 months as the Mexico port recovered from a hurricane (Dodge trucks heading to NE USA used to take a ship from mexico to Baltimore then trucked to dealer)

Last edited:

Grussell

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat 4X4 Screw, 17 Escape Titanium
Occupation
retired fire fighter
Just ordered a Lariat ,crew cab, FX4 yesterday. Order form said 19 weeks.
I ordered in mid-April, build is next week, and I am not expecting delivery until first week in Sept.

RescueMe1060

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2021 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Dept. of Public Works
Would anyone happen to know a realistic shipping time estimate from MAP to San Francisco once my truck is actually built?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Would anyone happen to know a realistic shipping time estimate from MAP to San Francisco once my truck is actually built?
I would count on 3 weeks.
Sponsored