Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
No undercoating on mine.
I thought undercoating went out with the rotary phone? ?
My dad always went to zibart I think it was.
No, people still do that, along with CAI's.
Sponsored

OP
OP

ppfd

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Dealer called, canā€™t find anything wrong ? ?
Drove it there at 0630 and left it with the wrench glowing and saying FU to me the whole way. Of course the dash board did its typical dance of all the failures it was cycling through.
It staying there overnight to see what happens in the morning.

What do I do next? Call ford? Are they going to be any help?
Lemon law is 3 times for the same problem right? Least thats what it was.
Got a feeling Iā€™ll hit that in a month.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ā€˜23 Macan,ā€™21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
If they give it back to you try to video it happening and call Ford.

All states are different for Lemon Law. Look up yours. If you donā€™t have a Repair Order with that complaint the visit didnā€™t happen. Keep good records. I would consider a different dealer.

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Man that sucks, but typical dealer these days, I have a hunch it will tie into, door ajar switch module. The door ajar module ties into most of the modules on the truck. Mainly Traction Control and ABS, These Modules then communicate to the Steering Module, Terrain Mgmt Etc. So when truck is moving the modules are seeing that the door is open (possible)
Another thing is try cycling all the switches on the center console, something might not be making a full connection in the switch and due to location might have had something spilled near them (Sticky Soda) and gummed one of them up.
There are so many possible (single) issues its hard to troubleshoot without any codes and even if you were to pull codes, it will take some in depth reading of all of them and pinpoint the common point between them and this is most likely the door switch and or a common ground point between them or a chaffed wire touching a ground point along the CAN bus wiring

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Did a quick dig, ALL of the faults listed are on the Com Network (HS-CAN2) so any of the wiring between the modules or an internal issue with any of them can be triggering all the messages.
The module that is actually reading the inputs and generating the messages is the Gateway Module (GWM) Think along the lines of old school Christmas lights (One goes out they all go out) and yes the door ajar switch is on the same network. This is why I would take a deep look at that switch. One test would be - When faults are active, open and close all doors including hood before truck is shut off, see if you get door warning on all of them and also check if messages clear, plus note if dome lights are coming on and going off as intended-normal.
Plus, when active, check to see if you lost - (OAT) outside air temp indication, as this will confirm you are losing all of COM Bus - (HS-CAN2) as it is on the same bus
Other than Door Ajar - I would focus on the next most logical and that is the ABS Module

Last edited:

OP
OP

ppfd

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Repair order is the paperwork they give me correct?
In regards to calling ford, is there a number in my manuaL? Do I just give them a description of whats going on and what the dealer has said/done so far?
I have taken pictures of the dash, wrench, various faults that pop up and ford pass shows an issue.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ā€˜23 Macan,ā€™21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Repair order is the paperwork they give me correct?
In regards to calling ford, is there a number in my manuaL? Do I just give them a description of whats going on and what the dealer has said/done so far?
I have taken pictures of the dash, wrench, various faults that pop up and ford pass shows an issue.
Yes, it should say Repair Order on it and have a Repair Order number.

You may want to call and schedule a time to meet with the Service Manager and show him the pictures you have. Be nice, he deals with issues all day long. Let him know you need a resolution and would prefer not to call Ford unless you have to.

If you do call Ford have your repair orders in front of you. They will prompt you for the information they need. Again, be nice but firm you need this resolved.

Ford Customer Service: 1 (800) 392-3673

OP
OP

ppfd

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Picked up the truck.
Service advisor stated again they couldn't find anything wrong and "ford is aware of the issue". He said something about ABS another component.
Drove home and made a stop, no light so far.

Ranger Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot Wheel
What do I do next? Call ford? Are they going to be any help?
Lemon law is 3 times for the same problem right? Least thats what it was.
Got a feeling Iā€™ll hit that in a month.
Yep, you should be lining up a lawyer that specializes in lemon law now.

YOU spent plenty on this vehicle, and it has a problem they canā€™t resolve. If it was a toaster youā€™d bring it back for a refund or replacement.

Iā€™ve been down this road with a brand new Honda (Ridgeline). If they build junk they canā€™t fix it shouldnā€™t be your problem. They have your money.

OP
OP

ppfd

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
So, got home parked in front our garage. Just went out to move it.
Spinning wheel of codes and faults showed up and now for the first time completely dead as soon as I put in drive.
Got it started and moved for my GF to pull in.
I work a week and am off a week, so guess which it is. I start back to work and have to deal with this.
Guess, Iā€™ll call ford, and look for a WV lawyer for lemon laws.
This thing is gone rather I have to sue or trade it when they fix it.

diesel924

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2020 Escape
Occupation
Fire truck mechanic
I wrench for a living on fire trucks, and part of that fleet are Ford F-250's up to 550's. Honestly, I am tired of networked vehicles. ALL OF THEM. If you think a multiplex problem is bad in a Ranger, try finding the fault in a 45' fire truck with several independent networks. I'm just sick of it. Every problem is intermittent, and they can present once a week or once every 6 months. Retirement is in 10 years, I hope I make it.

OP
OP

ppfd

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
I wrench for a living on fire trucks, and part of that fleet are Ford F-250's up to 550's. Honestly, I am tired of networked vehicles. ALL OF THEM. If you think a multiplex problem is bad in a Ranger, try finding the fault in a 45' fire truck with several independent networks. I'm just sick of it. Every problem is intermittent, and they can present once a week or once every 6 months. Retirement is in 10 years, I hope I make it.
I can imagine, I was a firefighter. Foam systems, Electronic valves, pressure valves, Whatever builder calls their wiring.
Leds had to make chasing warning issues easier right?

OP
OP

ppfd

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Called the dealer, he said to have it towed in. Well, it started up and soon as I pulled on the road the dash looked like a slot machine of codes. Couple new ones, ABS and the red brake light came on. Radio had a big warning saying 911 was out of service.
Called back down and said I'm on the way in. Service guy said I've got a bay open and pull it in. Said good, I'm leaving it run so you can see this. I took pictures while driving of all the codes again ? Not a good idea.
Pulled in and said look at this. He said, "yeah going to have to call ford and go from there". Whatever that means. Just fix it so I can get rid of it.
He did let me leave it inside so that was a plus.
One more and I can start the WV lemon law process looks like.

diesel924

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2020 Escape
Occupation
Fire truck mechanic
I can imagine, I was a firefighter. Foam systems, Electronic valves, pressure valves, Whatever builder calls their wiring.
Basically, the engineers have built this system that cannot be diagnosed, even by THEM, with any kind of surety. Even if you are looking at the backbone of the network with a scope, what are you seeing? Not the packets of information being broadcast across 2 wires, you're just watching voltage changes of 2.5V +and- dancing across the screen. What does that tell you? Not much. And it's all so delicate that even a change in humidity will cause a fault if something is making contact with something it shouldn't. Honestly I'm amazed there aren't more lemon-law buy backs than there already are. Every one of us is basically a hostage to our vehicles because at any second a code of 'PCM has lost communication with XXX module' or 'abnormal update rate has occurred in XXX module' will take our car off line and make us a pedestrian. It's all so tiring.
Sponsored