MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
So like most of America I've been getting some cold weather. I had to jump the battery on my 2020 Ranger last week. I went to the dealer and they gave me a new one after a 2 hour test of the old battery.

Well after a couple subzero nights it's dead again! I'm not really looking forward to sitting in the waiting room for another 2 hours. Are Ford batteries just garbage? I'm debating spending my own money for an Optima redtop or something.
I have not changed the battery of my 2019 Lariat and am coming up on 25,000 miles. We just returned from a six-week trip to Asia, and my truck started up the very next morning--with a roar, not a whimper. I do not do anything special to maintain it, just lucky I guess, but it does go to show that not all of the stock batteries are crap...
Sponsored

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I could be wrong, but if your appointment is more than an in and out type of deal, I believe it's on them to put you in a rental. @P. A. Schilke would know the specifics on that
I think these sorts of things are up to the dealers, and as we all know, dealers vary in how they treat their customers. For same-day services, no matter how long or short, my (very cool) local dealer will offer you a seat in the waiting room or a shuttle ride home and back, whichever you prefer. I usually prefer to stay, which allows me to check out all the new vehicles on sale for future reference. Once when my Explorer had to be kept over several days with a covered transmission issue, they offered to pay the rental fees with a nearby Enterprise with which they have an ongoing relationship. The Enterprise people bring the vehicle to the dealer's lot and sign it over to you on the dealer's dime. The dealer only paid enough for a boring sedan, but they let me pay the difference to upgrade to an F-150. I have been a truck guy ever since...

Last edited:
OP
OP
MountainGoat

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I have not changed the battery of my 2019 Lariat and am coming up on 25,000 miles. We just returned from a six-week trip to Asia, and my truck started up the very next morning--with a roar, not a whimper. I do not do anything special to maintain it, just lucky I guess, but it does go to show that not all of the stock batteries are crap...
The third battery has been holding up fine since then but it is always plugged into the Ctek charger so it's not exactly being put to the test.
Sponsored