Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
The good thing about the damper is, it boosted the post count for this website. I wonder how many key strokes it will take to develop enough strength to operate the tailgate all by yourself. ?
Sponsored

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Hi Dave,

The damper has proven to be an effective deterrent for attacks by wild Sonoran Desert Tortoise. These lightening fast animals require some measure of caution.... :)

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

That's exactly what the archaeologist is going to say thousands of years from now. ?

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
That would be a Murse, thank you very much.

And I usually just leave it in the truck along with my Zima (I have a private stash :like:)
Alan, & Joy Behar, prefer the term "satchel" ...

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
Given that the OP boasted about how many members he convinced to join the dark side maybe it is time for a poll in this thread. I’m confident @FoD and @AzScorpion could agree on the poll questions. :handshake:

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Given that the OP boasted about how many members he convinced to join the dark side maybe it is time for a poll in this thread. I’m confident @FoD and @AzScorpion could agree on the poll questions. :handshake:
It's be easy, choose one

1603097853642.png

Or

1603097902702.png

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
POLLS ARE OPEN

vote now Bluto or Olive

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I'm designing a quick disconnect for my damper. This way I can take it with me in my fanny pack. :giggle:
@AzScorpion, Now wait just a dog gone minute here. Do you mean to tell me there is another step I must take in my effort of "being just like you" when I grow up? First I buy the damper before I even get the cotton pickin' truck, step 1. Then I find out about the dad burn GM OEM velcro strip that nearly gave me a stroke, Step 2. Now it's a quick disconnect thingy that I have no idea where to go to get one, step 3 anyway. And as an added plus you're telling me I've got to go through all of my closets to find my old fanny pack (I ain't buying a new one, you've cost me enough money as it is), step 4. I do know one thing for sure, it's extremely difficult to become "just like Dave".

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
@AzScorpion, Now wait just a dog gone minute here. Do you mean to tell me there is another step I must take in my effort of "being just like you" when I grow up? First I buy the damper before I even get the cotton pickin' truck, step 1. Then I find out about the dad burn GM OEM velcro strip that nearly gave me a stroke, Step 2. Now it's a quick disconnect thingy that I have no idea where to go to get one, step 3 anyway. And as an added plus you're telling me I've got to go through all of my closets to find my old fanny pack (I ain't buying a new one, you've cost me enough money as it is), step 4. I do know one thing for sure, it's extremely difficult to become "just like Dave".
Don't forget the pillow. I have the My Pillow guy working on a special pillow for when your damper is really worked hard. Hey he deserves to have a good nights sleep too. ?

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I think you should start a "My Damper" club.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
Just point to your Ranger and say "there goes your inheritance". ?
Ooohhh, I hadn't thought of that...more money for mods - like the damper velcro, pillow, special lube, and quick disconnect :crackup:

Last edited:

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Don't forget the pillow. I have the My Pillow guy working on a special pillow for when your damper is really worked hard. Hey he deserves to have a good nights sleep too. ?
Dave, if I spend any more money on a truck that I don't even have yet the wife's gonna smother me with that dad gum pillow. :)

Aragorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Crew Cab
Awesome! Now @Texasota has a place to go for his damper fix. If your Ranger is afraid of dampers, its best to slowly introduce them. Purchase the damper and set it near your Ranger; garage, bench, driveway. This way the damper will get used to the damper being nearby. Next keep the damper with you in the cab. Don't try this too soon as your truck may act up by throwing a CEL. If that happens go back to step one, wait a couple days and try again. 3rd step is to put the damper, still in the box, in the bed of the truck. These 3 steps should be able to take place over a week. Next install the damper. Hopefully you don't experience damper rejection as Aragorn did in this tread .
If you do, don't worry, we are here to help.
It's true. My truck's relationship with its damper was rough going. I since have had to step in and train it by hand to align properly. Maybe one of these days I'll fabricate a fancy damper mod like in this thread...

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Dave, if I spend any more money on a truck that I don't even have yet the wife's gonna smother me with that dad gum pillow. :)
Well Jim just make sure it's the pillow she hits you with and not the damper. ?
Sponsored