Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Well I did it again.

It has been a long time since I had the tune installed on my truck because of all the issues I had with it.

Today was a nice day and there have been several threads about the tunes, so against my better judgement I thought I'd give it a try again.

Updated the tuner with the latest, made sure the truck was ready with good charge and EVERYTHING including Bluetooth disabled.

Result: Dead Ranger, Again.

Now I get to do the Recovery dance again for several hours until it decides to let me load it back to stock.

I'm going to take a hammer to this thing so that it will never even cross my mind again.

IMG_2224.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dr. Zaius

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
That's tough, any help from Livernois about why this is happening.
This happened the very first time I used it more than 2 years ago and my truck ended up having to be flashed by the dealer to recover fully (crank position error that wouldn't clear)

By the time all was said and done I was outside the 30 day return window so it's been sitting on a shelf in my office ever since.

I guess I hoped that with the latest software things would go better. Nah.

What usually happens is if I wait a couple of hours it will let me return to stock so I'm gonna try that.

Instead of a hammer, I would suggest a brick. Get it? A brick?
Brick is very relevant.

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
When you say you updated the tuner with the latest, what all did you update? Latest revision from Livernois or the firmware on the handheld tuner device itself? Just curious.

Burnt Money

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Hopefully someone from Livernois chimes in and takes care of the issue or offers a refund. I know it’s past the return period but I’ve seen your comments on the issues before. That being being said I’ve been running their tunes for 39,000 miles with no issues. I would be frustrated as well and be ready to put a 45 round through it.

OP
OP
Dr. Zaius

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
When you say you updated the tuner with the latest, what all did you update? Latest revision from Livernois or the firmware on the handheld tuner device itself? Just curious.
Connected the tuner to my PC and let it update the application/firmware from Livernois.

Bsthroop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Broadband/ Microwave Engineer
That is very troubling that they are unable to solve this for you. Out of warranty does not matter, device is clearly unusable. I had been putting together an order for this but will wait to see if they stand behind the product @Livernois Motorsports

OP
OP
Dr. Zaius

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
OP
OP
Dr. Zaius

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I appreciate the sympathy guys but it's been over 2 years.

I asked for a refund early on but it was outside the return window so that was that.

It is what it is and I consider it a learning moment.

Several actually.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Makes me glad I went with the Ford Tune, I hope they step up and help you get it sorted out.
:stop:Let's not all panic like the Transmission threads. lol This was unfortunate what happened but besides this one case everyone else's has worked flawlessly. I'm more surprised that @Livernois Motorsports didn't take care of this from the start. :shock:
Sponsored