First Name
Mckin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Rangeer
Occupation
IT Admin
Working on a 2019 Ford ranger 2.3 which was involved in a collision. Engine was removed and out back in but now will not start. Got 3 evap codes and one cylinder head over temperature protection active which doesn't seem to be going away even after changing the CTS and confirming that the CHTS is reading ok. Temperature readings are close to ambient. The codes don't show in the launch Scan section where u select the the vehicle make but it still shows in the ODB2 section where you simply scan all odb protocols till it's connected. I have used Forscan but the Cylinder heas over temperature code isn't showing. I do have spark but looks like there is no fuel being fired from the injectors, took of one spark plugs and seemed dry, cranked it but didn't get any signs of fuel being delivered.I have tried both keys but same results.

Does anyone know how the PATS work ? Does it cut fuel or spark ?

Amy suggestions ?
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
If pats was the problem then it would not crank to begin with. What this sounds like it you have a fuel delivery issue that could be from a messes up harness. If anything check the owners manual to see if Ford is still using the inertia switch to cut off fuel. If so that will make it easy. If not i would get a fuel pressure gauge on tue low side and see what you are getting. Got to starts somewhere and that is my advice.

OP
OP

slimbwoy

First Name
Mckin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Rangeer
Occupation
IT Admin
If pats was the problem then it would not crank to begin with. What this sounds like it you have a fuel delivery issue that could be from a messes up harness. If anything check the owners manual to see if Ford is still using the inertia switch to cut off fuel. If so that will make it easy. If not i would get a fuel pressure gauge on tue low side and see what you are getting. Got to starts somewhere and that is my advice.
I figured it wasn't PATS. Timing is off. The crank pulley was removed and cranks and cams weren't locked.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I figured it wasn't PATS. Timing is off. The crank pulley was removed and cranks and cams weren't locked.
With that being said I hope the engine isnt trashed. Im pretty sure these are interference engines

Okinawa Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302, 2022 Ranger XLT/Splash/FX4
Occupation
Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Shop Owner
Working on a 2019 Ford ranger 2.3 which was involved in a collision. Engine was removed and out back in but now will not start. Got 3 evap codes and one cylinder head over temperature protection active which doesn't seem to be going away even after changing the CTS and confirming that the CHTS is reading ok. Temperature readings are close to ambient. The codes don't show in the launch Scan section where u select the the vehicle make but it still shows in the ODB2 section where you simply scan all odb protocols till it's connected. I have used Forscan but the Cylinder heas over temperature code isn't showing. I do have spark but looks like there is no fuel being fired from the injectors, took of one spark plugs and seemed dry, cranked it but didn't get any signs of fuel being delivered.I have tried both keys but same results.

Amy suggestions ?

Amy suggestions ?
Fuel pump cut off engaged after collision would be my guess. Do some research and find where it's located and reset it. In a collision it cuts power to the fuel pump to prevent fueling a fire if the fuel line ruptures.