First Name
Mckin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Rangeer
Occupation
IT Admin
Working on a 2019 Ford ranger 2.3 which was involved in a collision. Engine was removed and out back in but now will not start. Got 3 evap codes and one cylinder head over temperature protection active which doesn't seem to be going away even after changing the CTS and confirming that the CHTS is reading ok. Temperature readings are close to ambient. The codes don't show in the launch Scan section where u select the the vehicle make but it still shows in the ODB2 section where you simply scan all odb protocols till it's connected. I have used Forscan but the Cylinder heas over temperature code isn't showing. I do have spark but looks like there is no fuel being fired from the injectors, took of one spark plugs and seemed dry, cranked it but didn't get any signs of fuel being delivered.I have tried both keys but same results.

Does anyone know how the PATS work ? Does it cut fuel or spark ?

Amy suggestions ?
Sponsored

OP
OP

slimbwoy

First Name
Mckin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Rangeer
Occupation
IT Admin
Thanks, I'm getting fuel pumping out of the High pressure pump but doesn't seem to make it to the Cylinders. I'm thinking that the injectors aren't firing. I know the PATS disabled the engine but not sure if its fuel or spark or both.

OP
OP

slimbwoy

First Name
Mckin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Rangeer
Occupation
IT Admin
So, even with the license installed in Forscan, i was still unable to see the PATS but i was able to confirm that the issuenwasnt PATS related by disassembling the key and using the key blade only and the vehicle didnt attempt to start. Put everything together and concluded it was timing issue, removed the CPS and the vehicle started and run but i could really tell it was running super rich with high idle.
It turns out that the crank puly was removed to replace the front plate but timing not locked. I have tried locking the timing by my own methods since i have to order the tools but engine is now cranking freely like no compression. Could it be that the start damaged vakves hence the rich fuel burn?
Sponsored