Coyote 5.0 in a Ranger

grizzly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Who's going to be the first to do it?

Bitchin' Rides or Iron Resurrection?

These are the only two that I think would do a decent build.
Sponsored

Extreme01

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2008 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I like both shows but Iron resurrection I enjoy better. Joe Martin has amazing visions, plus he works in the shop with the guys. Old school metal master and he also builds awesome motorcycles.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Well, it fits in the previous gen Ranger so it should fit ours just fine

5.0 Engine Dimensions

Looks like the 5.0 is ~29 inches wide while the Mustang EB 2.3 is ~26 inches wide.

ranger630.jpg

Pretty sure the transmission will have to be changed as well since it appears the bellhousing pattern is different.

Ford Racing sells the 5.0 plus the 10 speed auto as a swap-in kit, for Off Road Use only of course

M-9000-PMCA3.jpg

I have to say, for me personally anyway, I would prefer to have a 5.0 in my Ranger than a new 5.0 Mustang GT.

Last edited:

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
"For Off-road use only".....;) :LOL:

Robisten8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4WD, 2021 Bronco Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I'd put Hennessey's name in the hat too. They've already done a V8 swap in a Gen2 Raptor, so most of the electronic issues have already been figured out with any swap on this magnitude.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Well, it fits in the previous gen Ranger so it should fit ours just fine

5.0 Engine Dimensions

Looks like the 5.0 is ~29 inches wide while the Mustang EB 2.3 is ~26 inches wide.

ranger630.jpg

Pretty sure the transmission will have to be changed as well since it appears the bellhousing pattern is different.

Ford Racing sells the 5.0 plus the 10 speed auto as a swap-in kit, for Off Road Use only of course

M-9000-PMCA3.jpg

I have to say, for me personally anyway, I would prefer to have a 5.0 in my Ranger than a new 5.0 Mustang GT.
Ford will kill that goose by requiring a $2300 module change for "Enhanced Engine Sound" and wiring dongle.:crazy:

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
I like both shows but Iron resurrection I enjoy better. Joe Martin has amazing visions, plus he works in the shop with the guys. Old school metal master and he also builds awesome motorcycles.
Both are good and I agree on Iron Res. Remember Joe from the Biker Buildoff series. The thing that distinguished IR is that Joe and staff are even in the face of challenges upbeat - lots of smiling and carrying on, as opposed to say what a whiner Dan Short on Famtonworks was. IR really never does anything as new as our trucks and would surely slam it with air suspension :)

Extreme01

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2008 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Both are good and I agree on Iron Res. Remember Joe from the Biker Buildoff series. The thing that distinguished IR is that Joe and staff are even in the face of challenges upbeat - lots of smiling and carrying on, as opposed to say what a whiner Dan Short on Famtonworks was. IR really never does anything as new as our trucks and would surely slam it with air suspension :)
Agree

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
There are companies doing smog legal hemi an hell cat swaps into wranglers in California. I didn't read much into it but I assume it requires a full wiring harness, computer an all emission devices be part of it. I didn't read much into it once I saw it was $40K on top of the price of a jeep. To be practical IMO or in my world it would have to be a conversion kit for mounts an headers an you salvage yard shop for your own 5.0

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
There are companies doing smog legal hemi an hell cat swaps into wranglers in California. I didn't read much into it but I assume it requires a full wiring harness, computer an all emission devices be part of it. I didn't read much into it once I saw it was $40K on top of the price of a jeep. To be practical IMO or in my world it would have to be a conversion kit for mounts an headers an you salvage yard shop for your own 5.0
I'm wondering if those hemi/Hellcat conversions actually need a lot as far as harness conversions are concerned. A lot of manufactures are running canbus systems and everything seems plug-and-play anymore. I wonder if a lot of the wiring is standardize on the Mopar stuff for manufacturing and cost purposes.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I'm wondering if those hemi/Hellcat conversions actually need a lot as far as harness conversions are concerned. A lot of manufactures are running canbus systems and everything seems plug-and-play anymore. I wonder if a lot of the wiring is standardize on the Mopar stuff for manufacturing and cost purposes.
I'm just looking at the fact there's 2 more injectors an coils to wire in...keeping it all monitored, timed an controlled seems to me would require more sensors an calculations.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
If FCA, pardon me, Stellantis could save 3 cents by re-using the same harness, you can pretty much bet it's installed in everything it will fit.

Can't wait to see the quality that results from a merger between Fiat and Peugeot.
Sponsored