Whelp... im back in a Ranger!

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
Nothing happened to the bronco.. and the desired continuation of that is exactly WHY I'm back in a Ranger ๐Ÿ™‚

20230828_073220.jpg

1996 2.3 2wd manual trans, 218k miles. PERFECT winter beater to save the Bronco from the rust belt. It needs a little bit of tinkering... but not too much so it won't be ready for duty before our roads see their first treatment of winter.

Going to slap together a manifold back exhaust for it (the current exhaust is on its last aluminized breath), replace the stupid rear bumper, put it on snow tires and send it. Ooooh yeah do a shackle flip too, the shackle hangers have already been replaced so that should hopefully be a quick job.

MFFR!
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing happened to the bronco.. and the desired continuation of that is exactly WHY I'm back in a Ranger ๐Ÿ™‚

20230828_073220.jpg

1996 2.3 2wd manual trans, 218k miles. PERFECT winter beater to save the Bronco from the rust belt. It needs a little bit of tinkering... but not too much so it won't be ready for duty before our roads see their first treatment of winter.

Going to slap together a manifold back exhaust for it (the current exhaust is on its last aluminized breath), replace the stupid rear bumper, put it on snow tires and send it. Ooooh yeah do a shackle flip too, the shackle hangers have already been replaced so that should hopefully be a quick job.

MFFR!
If God wants to punish you in your next life, He/She will make you a shackle bracket... They have a very hard life.... We beefed up the rear shackle in 1998...

Best,
Phil

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
When I worked at a NAPA store in Alaska we sold MANY Ranger shackles and brackets.
It was the most common Ranger specific part we sold.
Chevy truck window regulators and Ranger shackle brackets were always in stock.

OP
OP
Blmpkn

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
When I worked at a NAPA store in Alaska we sold MANY Ranger shackles and brackets.
It was the most common Ranger specific part we sold.
Chevy truck window regulators and Ranger shackle brackets were always in stock.

My local Napa seems to hold strong to the companies sarcastic anagram..

Never
Any
Parts
Available

๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜‹

Thank jebus for online shopping!

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
My local Napa seems to hold strong to the companies sarcastic anagram..

Never
Any
Parts
Available

๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜‹

Thank jebus for online shopping!
Yep, every auto parts store should have at least 1 of every part for every car ever built every time I go there.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase

20230828_073220.jpg

MFFR!
That photo has so much boomer going on in it I don't know what to say.

OP
OP
Blmpkn

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
That photo has so much boomer going on in it I don't know what to say.
I have an idea why.. but I'm dying for you to elaborate on that ๐Ÿ˜‹ coming from you... i imagine it's gotta be good lol.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I wouldn't mind a regular cab 4x2 ranger an maybe throw a 5.0 swap into it. A fox body 5.0 not that crazy expensive (and yes crazy powerful) coyote motor.

OP
OP
Blmpkn

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
Just poking fun due to a whole lot of "old" in those cars. What is that a 80's caddy?
I figured as much lol. These early rangers are synonymous with old men ๐Ÿ˜… and oh yeah.. geriatric mobile in the back is an 88 brougham.

I wouldn't mind a regular cab 4x2 ranger an maybe throw a 5.0 swap into it. A fox body 5.0 not that crazy expensive (and yes crazy powerful) coyote motor.
A popular swap with the older trucks is a 5.0 and everything out of an explorer.. since the expos are ranger based it's the easiest way to retain efi and whatever else.

Dr_Strangelove

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Art & Design
I missed when you posted this thread - this is great. I just finished your video. Looks like you've got your work cut out for you! Do most of your parts come from the ocean or have you got any available for your build without the rust? ๐Ÿ˜

OP
OP
Blmpkn

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
I missed when you posted this thread - this is great. I just finished your video. Looks like you've got your work cut out for you! Do most of your parts come from the ocean or have you got any available for your build without the rust? ๐Ÿ˜

I'd say 35% come from the ocean.. the rest from the sea ๐Ÿ˜†

The Ranger is screaming for tube sand ๐Ÿ˜‚
For like.. bed weight? I wouldn't dare load up the bed.. I barely trust it to not dissolve under the weight of its plastic liner ๐Ÿ˜† acquiring one in better shape will be a project for next year.
Sponsored