Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Yea that's not Ever gonna happen. Does the ColorAdo have one? Gladator? Taco? you get the idea. Plus Ford is the one company out of all those who committed to small displacement turbo engines..

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
I traded a 2017 performance pack Mustang gt with catback exhaust for my Ranger. I miss it occasionally but no regrets and 100% content 2 years later.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Maybe in few years we will see some of our Rangers with a V8.
Not going to happen unless you do it yourself. ;) Especially since Ford just committed 29 billion to EV & Autonomous vehicles.

Ford announced during its fourth-quarter earnings report that it will invest $22 billion in electric vehicles and $7 billion in autonomous vehicles through 2025. The electric-vehicle stake is an increase over the $10 billion already pledged to help Ford compete in the race to bring electric vehicles into the mainstream.
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a35432253/ford-ev-commitment-announced/

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Coyote V8? No. Not from Ford any way. If they do it would be a one off Car Show Concept Car.
But that HO 3.5L v6 EcoBoost from the raptor might be a thing.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Yea that's not Ever gonna happen. Does the ColorAdo have one? Gladator? Taco? you get the idea. Plus Ford is the one company out of all those who committed to small displacement turbo engines..
Truth. Unless the Ram Dakota comes back we won't see a midsize V8.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The Dakota platform is canceled for now, but even if it ever comes back it still won't have a V8 most likely. They could have put one in the Gladiator but no plans for that either.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
The Dakota platform is canceled for now, but even if it ever comes back it still won't have a V8 most likely. They could have put one in the Gladiator but no plans for that either.
They put a V8 in the Wrangler. It WILL come to the Gladiator eventually.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
They put a V8 in the Wrangler. It WILL come to the Gladiator eventually.
Yes you are probably right. When Chrys....Um I mean FC...Um I mean Stalantis gets tired of the Ranger kicking its butt in sales they probably will.

spartan0078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger lariat
Occupation
Railroader
Shit I had no idea they cancelled the plans to bring it back. Looks like everyone else is getting into smaller trucks you'd think the Dakota would've been a shoe-in.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Yes you are probably right. When Chrys....Um I mean FC...Um I mean Stalantis gets tired of the Ranger kicking its butt in sales they probably will.
Ram is now in the no 2 spot for pickups, behind the F-150. In the past few yrs I know several long time F-150 owners change over to Ram - much of it a pricing decision. They seem happy with Ram.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Ram is now in the no 2 spot for pickups, behind the F-150. In the past few yrs I know several long time F-150 owners change over to Ram - much of it a pricing decision. They seem happy with Ram.
Yes they are beautiful trucks with quality pampering interiors (that Huge screen!) but my negative opinion of Chrysler will be years in the changing.

I was referring to the Ranger being the 2nd best selling midsize ahead of the Gladiator.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Gladiator replaced the Dakota in the FCA line up.
And sales are STILL lagging behind what FCA predicted / expected. They won't put anything up against it that competes within its own stable or horses.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Gladiator replaced the Dakota in the FCA line up.
And sales are STILL lagging behind what FCA predicted / expected. They won't put anything up against it that competes within its own stable or horses.
You mean Gladiator sales are lagging? Yes I'm sure they are! People are only going to pay so much and those things are 5-10k more than other midsize trucks.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
I'd expect to see a similar pattern with the Ford Broncos - strong 1st year sales, then leveling off. Only so much demand in the market for off road focused vehicles like Gladiator and Bronco. Toyota had a well designed vehicle - the FJ cruiser in that space and saw diminishing sales numbers over the yrs.
And a good many younger buyers, not into serious off roading will be snapping up Hyundai's truck in big numbers when it becomes available.
Sponsored