Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Just like Y2K, if this isn’t going to be an epic thing, it’s going to be because a LOT people did a LOT drastic things to keep it from being so.... like Italy.
Wife and I are in panic mode! While the folks at Costco today were stocking up on toilet paper, Clorox wipes etc, For many years of RVing, we use only one side of the TP and save it to use the other side before we flush it down the toilette. We headed to the Scotch and the Jack Daniels and loaded our cart... Then to the meds for some baby aspirin as well as bacon and eggs. from the coolers Will hunker down and not venture out now that we have enough Scotch and Jack for a few months...May have to venture out to Total wine for some Pacifico Beer, but that is becoming very risky.... I am now at my keyboard using latex gloves as I will no touch the keys out of fear I might infect myself, even though no one else touches the keyboard..

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Enginering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
I agree with many, media is hyping this up. They want advertising clicks to make $ and they are desperate for a new story to captivate an audience with fear and hysteria so they can come back and keep clicking.

808matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Sport Package, 2015 f450 Bucket Truck
Well according to trump, this is just another democratic hoax

Noseoil

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger / 2013 Honda Civic / Red Rocket mini bike (zoom!)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Here's what I did yesterday to prepare for the coming lock-down & plague. Looking forward to getting the shipment on the milling machine in the next week or two, but for now the stand is coming along well enough. It's a small bench-top model from Precision Matthews. No CNC stuff for now, will be just running manually at this point...
Casters-s.jpg

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Crowding into Costco, shoulder to shoulder with the masses is the dumbest idea ever...panic over CV and simultaneously exposing themselves? :facepalm:

Last edited:

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
My company is getting caught up in the hype and they canceled my trip to a trade show in LA next month. I was really looking forward to that :facepalm:

jeb134

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
If you want to hear an actual expert's information on the subject instead of memes or what your friend said on Facebook, I highly recommend listening to Joe Rogan's Podcast #1439 with Michael Osterholm which provides a lot of useful information about what's known, what's not known yet, and what should be done in the future for this and other diseases.

"Michael Osterholm is an internationally recognized expert in infectious disease epidemiology. He is Regents Professor, McKnight Presidential Endowed Chair in Public Health, the director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP), Distinguished Teaching Professor in the Division of Environmental Health Sciences, School of Public Health, a professor in the Technological Leadership Institute, College of Science and Engineering, and an adjunct professor in the Medical School, all at the University of Minnesota."

OP
OP
Sashimi_Moto

Sashimi_Moto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 E450 C-Class, 2019 Ranger Lariat 501A FX4
Wife and I are in panic mode! While the folks at Costco today were stocking up on toilet paper, Clorox wipes etc, For many years of RVing, we use only one side of the TP and save it to use the other side before we flush it down the toilette. We headed to the Scotch and the Jack Daniels and loaded our cart... Then to the meds for some baby aspirin as well as bacon and eggs. from the coolers Will hunker down and not venture out now that we have enough Scotch and Jack for a few months...May have to venture out to Total wine for some Pacifico Beer, but that is becoming very risky.... I am now at my keyboard using latex gloves as I will no touch the keys out of fear I might infect myself, even though no one else touches the keyboard..

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Enginering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
My Costco was normal. Hell, even on a Saturday I parked up front and there was plenty of TP and sanitary wipes in stock, and Im in WA. Maybe the panic is happening elsewhere?

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Same stupidness here..."please don't shake hands and help to stop the spread of CV"...huh? You mean there's people at work with CV?!:crazy::facepalm:

OP
OP
Sashimi_Moto

Sashimi_Moto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 E450 C-Class, 2019 Ranger Lariat 501A FX4
WHO now formally classified Covid as a pandemic.

So that’s fun.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
With all due respect, but listening to CDC and WHO is like getting real financial advice from the Federal Reserve...all NWO deep state owned...

Status
Not open for further replies.