Costco says 265/70R17 will rub and won’t install them. Help.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
LOL ??? you and one other person are the only people I’ve ever met that have my outlook on buffets. Agree. Not even in Vegas. People act like they are in a play pin … spilling shit everywhere. Touching shit and putting it back. Kids run into you while you walk. Not for me either lol.

And the whole Costco thing really isn’t for me. They aren’t that much cheaper for most foods, but do enjoy the gasoline and their bakery … only reason I’m still around for them lol.
lol just looking at some of the people at the buffet and it's enough to make me lose my appetite. :puke: Just like going on a cruise, everyone thinks I'm nuts when I say you couldn't pay me to go on another one. But that's a whole different thread topic.?

We rarely buy any food at Costco or Sams club. I have no need for 50lbs on chicken or a 50 pk of batteries. :p They do have some good household stuff occasionally and I've bought some outdoor furniture in the past and we get certain vitamins there. Besides that I mostly use it for gas as it's a big savings on premium over the regular stations around here.
Sponsored

Allesky00

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
I&E Tech
this may not be the best place for this, but after reading I've discovered people running 265/70/18's on their trucks. I guess that will fit stock? I want something bigger on my truck, especially since I'm planning on getting a level soon, but between the internet and the master fitment thread I can't get a consistent answer.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
You're not alone boys, I get the WTF look all the time when I say buffets are repulsive. :puke:

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
They set the pressure to 52. That seems high but is that normal? They said it’s what they have for spec. I was running the 255s at 34
What Load Rating did you get? Hoping you say C, but they may have sold you higher. If so they are going to ride a little rougher.

I'm running C and I keep mine at 36 cold. They started at 40 or 42 and rode harsh. I did a little math about what PSI and load rating was appropriate and it came out to like 34 in the rear and 36 in the front. So I just kept backing off 2 PSI from 42 every morning until I got to about 32. Since 36ish was where it felt best, I went back there.

Off Road (we have a lot of rocks) I take it down to 24 on well maintained trails and 18 on the rocky stuff. Have played with it at 12 and it just gives me the heebie jeebies.

OP
OP
ben8jam

ben8jam

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
What Load Rating did you get? Hoping you say C, but they may have sold you higher. If so they are going to ride a little rougher.

I'm running C and I keep mine at 36 cold. They started at 40 or 42 and rode harsh. I did a little math about what PSI and load rating was appropriate and it came out to like 34 in the rear and 36 in the front. So I just kept backing off 2 PSI from 42 every morning until I got to about 32. Since 36ish was where it felt best, I went back there.

Off Road (we have a lot of rocks) I take it down to 24 on well maintained trails and 18 on the rocky stuff. Have played with it at 12 and it just gives me the heebie jeebies.
I ordered them online and got the C. Didn’t need a higher rating.

$933 which included mounting.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Program Manager
WHEW!
A lot of places try to put E load rated tires on a Ranger. Even if you load your truck to capacity you are still using 60ish% of a C class load rating. E Load rated tires are waaaay overkill.

seanellaz

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT CrewCab Fx4
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been following all the threads here and came to the conclusion with everyone else that 265/70 tires would fit fine and won’t rub even with stock suspension. I came to Costco last week to have them installed and they wouldn’t but said I should get my fox suspension and level done first and then they would do them. Came back today and they said no there’s no way we can fit them on there they’re going to rub against the upper control arms. And I do agree there is very little space between the control arm and the tire now. My Sport came with 255/65 17s.

I’m not sure what to do.
Costco VERY lawsuit paranoid. Will not install ANYTHING other than stock size.

Erik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Website
valicom.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
I've had Falken Wildpeak 265/70R17 115T's on my 2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 for 2 years now. There is only maybe 1/4 inch clearance from control arm, but it's never rubbed. I ordered tires from Amazon and got them installed at Pep Boys. This might be the only reason to go to Pep Boys for service. Good luck!

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
I’ve been following all the threads here and came to the conclusion with everyone else that 265/70 tires would fit fine and won’t rub even with stock suspension. I came to Costco last week to have them installed and they wouldn’t but said I should get my fox suspension and level done first and then they would do them. Came back today and they said no there’s no way we can fit them on there they’re going to rub against the upper control arms. And I do agree there is very little space between the control arm and the tire now. My Sport came with 255/65 17s.

I’m not sure what to do.
costco is VERY particular about what they will or wont instal...... there's no arguing with them either. you can always just buy the tires and have someone else instal them. Costco has great prices most of the time you cant beat them but they do have some odd rules. another idea is do a price match at another place - I do it at discount tires and they match Costcos installed price.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Program Manager
It's a pitiful belief by many these day that all purchases must be made at big box stores. I'll agree on looking at some local shops ro help.
No matter what I buy - if I find myself headed towards a big box store, I stop and make myself think of three Mom and Pop stores that I could get it at. Sometimes it changes my direction. Sometimes I need maxi pads, snack-a-pack pudding, 9mm ammo, a quart of motor oil, charcoal, and AAA batteries and I don't feel like going to 9 stores.
Sponsored