Costco says 265/70R17 will rub and won’t install them. Help.

GSD4EVR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL-STX 4WD
Looks good, OP!
"Eff" COSTCO and their opinion on fit. I have a set of 265/70-17 Maxxis Razr AT that I took on some minor rock climbing with an OME front lift. Dented the rocker panel behind the front wheel well but, by God, those tires never rubbed anything inside while on the whole trail. (Yes, I now plan on getting rock sliders):curse:
Sponsored

OP
OP
ben8jam

ben8jam

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I once had Les Schwab in Oregon refuse to fix a flat because my breaks needed to be replaced…. I was 20 and a few weeks from payday. Never went back and told everybody for a few years.

Liability is one thing, hope it was worth the bad word of mouth advertising!
any chance the Les Schwab in Medford on the 5 freeway?

Last edited:

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Ben you shouldn't have any problems with that size even when aired down. I've had mine (same size) aired down to 18 psi and have never rubbed. I rotate them every 5000 miles and if you didn't already you should get a larger spare to match.

OP
OP
ben8jam

ben8jam

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
OP
OP
ben8jam

ben8jam

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Ben you shouldn't have any problems with that size even when aired down. I've had mine (same size) aired down to 18 psi and have never rubbed. I rotate them every 5000 miles and if you didn't already you should get a larger spare to match.
yes going to find a used one to use as a spare. And glad to hear aired down they still don’t rub!

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Factory optional size in 2019-20. 2021 went to 265/65-17.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
encoraging to hear, thanks! What pressure do you run them at?
You're welcome. I checked with BFG and a local BFG Dealer and their recommendations for these tires considering the weight of the Ranger were 35-40 cold. I found that 36 is ideal and gives a balanced ride. The KO2's ride and handle better than the factory OEM's on the street. Haven't gotten off-road yet. The KO2's have a high rating for long lasting tread life. Enjoy the KO2's if you decide on them! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
No offense. Dump the Costco membership. One of the worst companies to work for and the people there don’t care about keeping their members because of the amount of people that complain then keep going there.

Leave them to rot in hell.
maybe it's just california people?

tfisher15

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, Supercrew, 4x4; 69 Firebird Conv
Occupation
Retired
No offense. Dump the Costco membership. One of the worst companies to work for and the people there don’t care about keeping their members because of the amount of people that complain then keep going there.

Leave them to rot in hell.
Sounds like you had a bad experience with Costco.
But this data suggests they are pretty good to work for:
1642865658859.jpeg

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
Sounds like you had a bad experience with Costco.
But this data suggests they are pretty good to work for:
1642865658859.jpeg
Most people do have a problem with them. Their managers aren’t there for the customers .. they film everything and I didn’t agree to have my cart sniffed out in a line of 20 people at the door when I just waited 40 mins and half the store to check out to have my items thrown in a used or disgusting fruit box ???

(Plus the pic you posted shows 2018, that was 4 years ago) .. think about during Covid (Costco was letting in nurses and police and firefighters and essential workers in ONE HOUR EARLIER!!! ? why? Did they pay for that? Nope. Did they pay what I paid during Covid for my membership? Yep. So why did I have to sit in a line for hours … HOURS, just to get into their store before I could shop. Hahahahahaha. Yeah .. I don’t allow companies to treat me like that when everyone pays for the SAME membership.

Basically their standards and policies are very awful if you take a look into it.

tfisher15

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, Supercrew, 4x4; 69 Firebird Conv
Occupation
Retired
Most people do have a problem with them. Their managers aren’t there for the customers .. they film everything and I didn’t agree to have my cart sniffed out in a line of 20 people at the door when I just waited 40 mins and half the store to check out to have my items thrown in a used or disgusting fruit box ???

(Plus the pic you posted shows 2018, that was 4 years ago) .. think about during Covid (Costco was letting in nurses and police and firefighters and essential workers in ONE HOUR EARLIER!!! ? why? Did they pay for that? Nope. Did they pay what I paid during Covid for my membership? Yep. So why did I have to sit in a line for hours … HOURS, just to get into their store before I could shop. Hahahahahaha. Yeah .. I don’t allow companies to treat me like that when everyone pays for the SAME membership.

Basically their standards and policies are very awful if you take a look into it.
Like I said, you had a bad experience. The 2018 data was the latest I could find in a quick search. Not trying to start a fight, just giving an different opinion.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

All the Costcos I've been to here and back home in MA & CT have been fine. I shopped elsewhere during the peak of Covid in 2020 as the lines were wrapped all around the building. As far as letting in essential works earlier I have no problem with that. They (most) were putting their life on the line so if a few got special treatment is it really that big a deal? Besides they let elderly and immune compromised people in an hour early, if you were one of them I'm sure you'd appreciate not having a crowded warehouse. I'm not trying to be a jerk but it sounds like warehouse clubs just aren't for you Mack. :) Just like buffets aren't for me. I think they're disgusting with everyone picking up the same utensils and the food is all out there exposed. I know most would be horrified if they saw the inside of most restaurants kitchens but at least it's out of sight out of mind.

Everyone knows you have to either use their nasty dirty boxes or bring your own bags so this is nothing new. I do agree that having to recheck your cart/receipt at the door is aggravating and a waste of time, especially if you only have a couple items like we usually do. They should have an express lane.

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
All the Costcos I've been to here and back home in MA & CT have been fine. I shopped elsewhere during the peak of Covid in 2020 as the lines were wrapped all around the building. As far as letting in essential works earlier I have no problem with that. They (most) were putting their life on the line so if a few got special treatment is it really that big a deal? Besides they let elderly and immune compromised people in an hour early, if you were one of them I'm sure you'd appreciate not having a crowded warehouse. I'm not trying to be a jerk but it sounds like warehouse clubs just aren't for you Mack. :) Just like buffets aren't for me. I think they're disgusting with everyone picking up the same utensils and the food is all out there exposed. I know most would be horrified if they saw the inside of most restaurants kitchens but at least it's out of sight out of mind.

Everyone knows you have to either use their nasty dirty boxes or bring your own bags so this is nothing new. I do agree that having to recheck your cart/receipt at the door is aggravating and a waste of time, especially if you only have a couple items like we usually do. They should have an express lane.
LOL ??? you and one other person are the only people I’ve ever met that have my outlook on buffets. Agree. Not even in Vegas. People act like they are in a play pin … spilling shit everywhere. Touching shit and putting it back. Kids run into you while you walk. Not for me either lol.

And the whole Costco thing really isn’t for me. They aren’t that much cheaper for most foods, but do enjoy the gasoline and their bakery … only reason I’m still around for them lol.
Sponsored