Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
I didn't say there was a problem with an individual modding their truck, just that I see more of it here than I like. Would rather read other things.
I'm with you on that. Lots of "useless" to me info but there are some gems in here, just gotta dig! =)

All these threads help me get ideas of what other members are like. Of course, I was 180 degrees off with fellow Canadian @DukeCanBuildit once he posted his retirement photos.

That dude looks like a high-finance banker guy that you'd see on Jeff Bozos' mega-yacht and not at all like the gruff Mad Max kind of guy I thought he was.

The only person that I know I have absolutely nailed as far as character goes is @AzScorpion - a mastermind Illuminati cult-leader pop star that knows how to turn the volunteer job of moderator into a money-making machine with damper and graphene sales! =D

Duke before I saw his retirement pics
1684757414365.png

a young Duke starting his successful career
1684757468823.png

the real megamind in a rare photo w/o wheelbarrows of damper money
1684757795124.png

and finally, my contribution to this thread
1684757965652.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

BDUb

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL 4x4, Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
We bought my wife's new Forester 2 months before my new Ranger and I can honestly say with Subaru quality is first rate and with Ford it's not. End of rant
I traded in a Subaru legacy for the Ranger. The reason, we bought it brand new and it was burning oil and having valve float. Two separate dealerships stated that's how Subaru are. I will never recommend a Subaru to anyone and I will never buy one again.

Brad-Dallas

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor - Black
I get it. This is a Ranger forum. And anyone who cares enough to be a member here is most likely a bit uptight about their truck. But does EVERYFREAKINGTHING have to be a reason to start a thread with "OMG my Ranger has this!" Or "Ford should have done this!" Sorry but I believe we have some folks on here that would bitch about being given $100 bill if they had to walk across the room to get it.

For the record my Tremor has/had two manufacturing issues that I have noticed so far. Here are the issues along with my response:

1) Driver door is slightly out of alignment. Did I call the dealer for an appointment and then bitch about the backlog? Nope. Did I start a thread to bitch about Ford and/or the dealership? Nope. Did I look at it long and hard to decide what to do? Yep. Solution? Live with it. No one else has even noticed it. For me personally it's just not worth a shop visit. Door alignment is a bit less than perfect. Ok. Move on.

2) As has been mentioned in other threads, the window trim on the left rear door was not installed correctly. Call dealer? Nope. Bitch about it here? Hell no. Solution????? Ding ding ding!!! We have a winner! I pushed the trim into place! Wow, what a thought. Took some concentrated effort but then it popped right into place. Been perfect every since.

When people ask me about my truck what do I tell them? I tell them the truth.... I LOVE MY TREMOR!!!! Do I mention the defects? What defects?

I had decided that I was never going to mention these two issues here in the forum as I did not want to add to the whining. But a couple of threads I read recently just caused me to go "Really?"

Not bashing on anyone specifically. But building a vehicle is honestly a pretty amazing process. I been though Ford, Chrysler, Kenworth and Freightliner plants. (Multiple times for all but KW. Figures since KW is my favorite. :crying:) Numerous transmission and axle plants as well. And yes, forklift (boring) factories too. Not a single time did I see any process that was not fully dedicated to building a vehicle and building it right. But it is a man-made product. Shit happens. (Yes dealers screw up too.) But at the end of the day the process is pretty amazing. Whole lot of people trying to do things right.

I guess I'm just saying that every little thing isn't a "Ford sucks!" crisis. Some of you folks would have to be put on suicide watch if you bought a new house and started nitpicking it. Just inspecting the first room would have you in the fetal position calling for your Mommy.

My rant is over.
When someone spends 50k+ on a vehicle with Ford, people want what what they paid for. Example: When you are at a store combing through shirts on a rack, are you going to settle for the one with the “slight misalignment” of one of the sleeves? Or a spot on it? No, because your money and time is it important, especially when you spend thousands of dollars on a product.

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I get it. This is a Ranger forum. And anyone who cares enough to be a member here is most likely a bit uptight about their truck. But does EVERYFREAKINGTHING have to be a reason to start a thread with "OMG my Ranger has this!" Or "Ford should have done this!" Sorry but I believe we have some folks on here that would bitch about being given $100 bill if they had to walk across the room to get it.

For the record my Tremor has/had two manufacturing issues that I have noticed so far. Here are the issues along with my response:

1) Driver door is slightly out of alignment. Did I call the dealer for an appointment and then bitch about the backlog? Nope. Did I start a thread to bitch about Ford and/or the dealership? Nope. Did I look at it long and hard to decide what to do? Yep. Solution? Live with it. No one else has even noticed it. For me personally it's just not worth a shop visit. Door alignment is a bit less than perfect. Ok. Move on.

2) As has been mentioned in other threads, the window trim on the left rear door was not installed correctly. Call dealer? Nope. Bitch about it here? Hell no. Solution????? Ding ding ding!!! We have a winner! I pushed the trim into place! Wow, what a thought. Took some concentrated effort but then it popped right into place. Been perfect every since.

When people ask me about my truck what do I tell them? I tell them the truth.... I LOVE MY TREMOR!!!! Do I mention the defects? What defects?

I had decided that I was never going to mention these two issues here in the forum as I did not want to add to the whining. But a couple of threads I read recently just caused me to go "Really?"

Not bashing on anyone specifically. But building a vehicle is honestly a pretty amazing process. I been though Ford, Chrysler, Kenworth and Freightliner plants. (Multiple times for all but KW. Figures since KW is my favorite. :crying:) Numerous transmission and axle plants as well. And yes, forklift (boring) factories too. Not a single time did I see any process that was not fully dedicated to building a vehicle and building it right. But it is a man-made product. Shit happens. (Yes dealers screw up too.) But at the end of the day the process is pretty amazing. Whole lot of people trying to do things right.

I guess I'm just saying that every little thing isn't a "Ford sucks!" crisis. Some of you folks would have to be put on suicide watch if you bought a new house and started nitpicking it. Just inspecting the first room would have you in the fetal position calling for your Mommy.

My rant is over.
Yeah, but the vehicle problems we are having aren't about you, are they? Every little thing? You mean little things like the schizophrenic 10R80 transmission, whose litany of problems just screams Beta testing instead of quality design? Or are you referring to the amazing non-functional factory shocks? Maybe you are talking about the tweaked beds or the phantom right turn grind or the occasional raw fuel in the engine oil. Ford has had years to fix these issues-the Ranger is not a new design-and despite that they continue to put out a model with well-known defects. Here's the thing: we Whiners paid a great deal of money for vehicles made by a company whose catchphrase was once Quality Is Job One but whose products are now frequently anything but. I cannot speak for anyone else, but my spendy new truck came with problems right out of the box and I have no intention of just sitting down and shutting up about it. There are NO excuses whatsoever for what we are seeing now, and that is why these threads are popping up. Instead of deflecting or shooting the messengers, how about placing the blame where it belongs?

Back in the 1950s there used to be a large sign hung over the North American F-100 fighter jet assembly line, and it read something like this:
"Quality must be built into a product. It cannot be inspected into it."
Now that, Sir, is a catchphrase.

Last edited:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Ford being a public company will sometime reveal warranty costs, other times analysts make educated ( from financial statements) estimates of the costs, link to a 2020 article and a quote from Farley:

For the first nine months of 2020, Ford’s warranty costs totaled $3.87 billion, while GM’s were $1.68 billion, according to regulatory filings.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ty-costs-in-bid-to-boost-profit-idUSKBN2841BV

as an FYI I've had no problems with my Ranger - but I don't discount those who report problems and CEO Farley has publicly acknowledged warranty costs are a major drag on profits (billions) , most warranty payouts are a direct result of quality issues.
Yeah, like I said, it probably wouldn't change the fact that Ford has been in the crapper as far as quality goes recently, but simply reporting the NUMBER of recalls isn't terribly helpful. Costs (as you quoted above) give more insight into the severity of them, as well as numbers of vehicles impacted. Both of those metrics are more useful IMO.

Ford really needs to bring back the "Quality is Job #1" mantra.....

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
Wow, a rant complaining about rants.

That is more angry than the Ford quality rants, that's pretty funny.

I'm guilty, I've put up a poll about warranty repairs.

It lets everybody get their frustrations out I guess, the OP must have felt better after his post.

I'm jaded, I worked 20 years for both Ford and Honda, most all of the family drives Honda's, (one warranty repair in 8 new Honda's) only my son and I drive Fords (both Rangers) and sadly there is a difference in quality, the worst part is when a family member says "your truck is in the shop again?"

Oh look, there I go, just what the OP is talking about:facepalm: maybe the Mods should have "Therapy Rant section"

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
"Sorry but I believe we have some folks on here that would bitch about being given $100 bill if they had to walk across the room to get it."

We also have folks on here who bitch about discussions they don't have to read and can skip past.

It's a forum. A place to discuss things. Big or small things. Significant or insignificant things. You can start a topic on anything, and discuss it with whomever wants to be involved. Or you can start a topic, then disappear and not discuss it, as you have kinda done here. Similar to trolling.

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
I hate my ranger. It has only done EVERYTHING I have ever asked of it and then some without a groan..... but 1 of the bolts holding on a rear shock was loose from factory guess I should sell it and start a "Ranger hate" thread

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
When someone spends 50k+ on a vehicle with Ford, people want what what they paid for. Example: When you are at a store combing through shirts on a rack, are you going to settle for the one with the “slight misalignment” of one of the sleeves? Or a spot on it? No, because your money and time is it important, especially when you spend thousands of dollars on a product.
That last 25K was for a couple hundred dollars worth of superfluous trinkets for the most part.
( with the possible exception of an "extra" trans and drive axle)
My STX has the same fit and finish, same body, same engine,same transmission/drive train etc, with enough cash leftover to buy fuel and oil changes for at least the first 100,000 miles.

What Ford really needs is to fire Jim Farley and get somebody who wants to build genuine Fords at prices for ordinary working class people, simple enough to make them repairable and worth honoring the warranty. (No Toyota wannabe for me!)
I remember when they said "We want to be your car company" without having to cash in your retirement to buy one.

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
I HAVE NO ISSUES WITH MY TRUCK! 4TH RANGER AND I LOVE IT. EACH ONE GETS BETTER. ANY MODS WERE JUST AT MY WHIM. MY '24 IF I GET ONE, WILL MOST LIKELY BE BETTER YET. This may trigger some on this thread...RANGER EXCELLENCE SCHOOL!!
BTW, just back from Colorado, Wyoming, S. Dakota and Nebraska, the rental Frontier was ok, minor bitches, but no real problems. All that driving, highway, city, sun, snow, Rockies, Black Hills, and twistys, 24.4 mpg on the V6 4x4, not bad...😁

IMG_0307.jpg

20230517_193026.jpg

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
On the other hand it is a good way to increase extended warranty sales. Makes me wonder how much of the cost for problems that should be recalled is actually hidden in the extended warranties that on a whole are very profitable for a company.
My truck is the most computerized, touchscreened, heated seat and turbo'd vehicle I've ever bought. And I tend to keep my vehicles a long time unless they crap out (Chrysler) or get totalled. So I bought an extended warranty. That doesn't influence recalls but I bet it affects overall reported reliability.

OP
OP
Friday yet?

Friday yet?

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
"Sorry but I believe we have some folks on here that would bitch about being given $100 bill if they had to walk across the room to get it."

We also have folks on here who bitch about discussions they don't have to read and can skip past.

It's a forum. A place to discuss things. Big or small things. Significant or insignificant things. You can start a topic on anything, and discuss it with whomever wants to be involved. Or you can start a topic, then disappear and not discuss it, as you have kinda done here. Similar to trolling.
Don't really see any further discussion needed from me. I have some opinions, others have opinions 180 degrees opposite. Ok, fine. It's called life. I said my piece. Nothing to add. Not arguing with anyone, nor expecting folks to agree with me. Simply put forth my opinion. (And we all have them.)

BTW, wasn't even remotely trolling.

As to skipping threads... I routinely skip a boatload of them.

Now, about the too high ass end...
Sponsored