First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
Back when I used to traffic the Mustang forums heavily, we had a VERY active official Ford customer service rep assign Mustang as a brand that has a HUGE enthusiast following compared to their other Ford products. It was at the point where everyone knew her name and would tag her in conversations. She actually helped a lot of folks out back then. Nowadays, I wouldn't doubt if Ford still does this; they use some A.I. tech to cover it.
Hahaha. Intelligence that’s artificial , sounds exactly like Ford.
Sponsored

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Often wondered about Ford watching these forums. While my truck has been stellar, a couple of members here have had a few minor complaints.:LOL: Never any sort of response or input from Ford.

Yet check out this post from the Maverick forum. (Not a member there. This item hit my news feed.) If I was one of you guys with truck issues I'd join the Maverick Forum and flat out ask Ford why they aren't in this forum and responding to issues. Probably won't accomplish anything, but it's a way to squeeze them a bit and do so publicly.

Or is it a fake account set up to look like Ford? I don't know. But figured I'd share it.

Screenshot_20231206-094751_Chrome.jpg
Minor complaint...yaaa...

OP
OP
Friday yet?

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
OP
OP
Friday yet?

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

OP
OP
Friday yet?

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
115,000 miles on your Ranger, how has it treated you? any issues.
I have a 2019 but no where near those miles. No issue other than battery knock on wood.
Oh jeez... you did not just do that. :shock: 🤫

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
It's weird that I have seen an actual Ranger in some Ford commercials lately. Of course it's the Raptor. I still love my Ranger and knock on wood no problems yet. I know I won't count on Ford to come to the rescue that's for sure if I do have any problems. You would really think Ford would have a presence on any forums involving there trucks or cars. Words either good or bad spread on forums and can be good or bad for mother FORD. But the aren't too worried about us Ranger owners SAD SAD SAD.

LawnMM

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ranger Tremor
His trans blew around 95k, was like $6 grand for a new one 😱

Back on topic in case somebody at Ford ever did read this 🤣

I have no interest in an F150. For starters it's expensive as shit. Next up my Ranger is the weekend getaway, cruise, trip, pleasure vehicle for my house. It's not the daily driver. It could be but we're trying to keep the mileage down, keep it nice, not beat it to shit so we've got a reliable vehicle for trips

That taken into account, I want to be able to get it in my garage, not a huge ass garage, but a standard garage. Frankly, an F150 isn't going to fit. Maybe front to back with a short bed but the width becomes an issue in my garage.

I don't tow anything, ever. I don't need a work truck. Don't want or need a full size truck. That's why I bought the Ranger.

Ford has a good thing going in terms of price and amenities against the competition. The Colorado used to be a bargain then the price shot up. A similar spec Gladiator is like 55-60k to the Rangers 45k.

They've got the mid size pickup market beat if they just take care of their damn customers.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
115,000 miles on your Ranger, how has it treated you? any issues.
I have a 2019 but no where near those miles. No issue other than battery knock on wood.
Other than the "minor issue" with the tranny, the truck's been just about flawless...after the "trans"plant, coolant and brake fluid were flushed...I self change oil every 5K miles, coin wash once a week and she still looks brand new...still on the original set of brakes!

Dr_Strangelove

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Art & Design
I think the only reason I'd like to have a Ford rep on here is to establish a customer relationship and be able to have issues escalated due to said relationship. Otherwise I can make my own phone calls.

OP
OP
Friday yet?

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
it's expensive as shit
+1.
Big time. Truck prices are nuts. You can buy an F350 dually XLT way way WAY cheaper than these idiots are paying for their King Ranch and Plantinum F150's. Just makes no sense to me to pay what Ford asks for those high end trucks. And in my mind, even XLT pricing is bad, Lariat forget about it and Tremor? Hell no. Could I buy one? Yep. Would I spend that money on an F150? Hell no. If I go full size at some point it will totally be an F350. Way more truck for the buck... and if you spec it right, cheaper than the majority of the fancy ass F150's running the roads.

But as long as people pay it (Don't get me started on the dumbasses with the 8 year loans etc.), Ford will keep pricing accordingly.

Sojourner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Retired Army / Disabled Vet
As mentioned, a Ford rep pops up all the time on F150Gen14. Also seems fairly active on the BroncoSport forum.

And, I agree, have never seen one during my short time here at Ranger5G.

Fazzie01

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Engineer
images (1).jpeg

9B00A463-C85C-4C01-A8F8-FD5A62F88172.jpg

(Just yanking your chain Fazzie01.)
Just like the trunk in the ridgeline, don't knock the man bag till you try it!!

lol, I've never rocked a man bag, but I'm always jealous of the ridgeline trunk and it's low bed sides.
Sponsored