First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Project manager
I’m not brand specific and I love my tremor but it came with quality issues for sure. Fixed all myself as I realized dealers are awful. I actually like when there are posts of little issues. I say keep ‘em coming. Everyone here is pretty chill and fun.
Sponsored

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
More than a few of those turn into "that is normal" and I don't mind helping put someone's mind at ease. Like one that heard a weird noise that turned out to be normal BOV noise at a time the BOV normally shouldn't be doing much. Took a video to try and show them mine did it as well. I might just like lending a hand because weird stuff can drive me crazy with a vehicle if I don't know why it is doing it.

I had a few early on. One was the trans pump noise that was normal. Thought it was an alternator issue but i was wrong. The other odd crap was a combo between the bed not being mounted properly and the ebrake cable splitter that really looks like it should have been enclosed not having grease. The bed was fixed by Ford under warranty the ebrake was some grease and a few minutes of work. That cable answer came from this forum and a bitchy post when ford was stumped. That grease stopped the flock of birds chasing me noise for good. Over a year now... might grease it again to be sure.

Last edited:

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I get it. This is a Ranger forum. And anyone who cares enough to be a member here is most likely a bit uptight about their truck. But does EVERYFREAKINGTHING have to be a reason to start a thread with "OMG my Ranger has this!" Or "Ford should have done this!" Sorry but I believe we have some folks on here that would bitch about being given $100 bill if they had to walk across the room to get it.

For the record my Tremor has/had two manufacturing issues that I have noticed so far. Here are the issues along with my response:

1) Driver door is slightly out of alignment. Did I call the dealer for an appointment and then bitch about the backlog? Nope. Did I start a thread to bitch about Ford and/or the dealership? Nope. Did I look at it long and hard to decide what to do? Yep. Solution? Live with it. No one else has even noticed it. For me personally it's just not worth a shop visit. Door alignment is a bit less than perfect. Ok. Move on.

2) As has been mentioned in other threads, the window trim on the left rear door was not installed correctly. Call dealer? Nope. Bitch about it here? Hell no. Solution????? Ding ding ding!!! We have a winner! I pushed the trim into place! Wow, what a thought. Took some concentrated effort but then it popped right into place. Been perfect every since.

When people ask me about my truck what do I tell them? I tell them the truth.... I LOVE MY TREMOR!!!! Do I mention the defects? What defects?

I had decided that I was never going to mention these two issues here in the forum as I did not want to add to the whining. But a couple of threads I read recently just caused me to go "Really?"

Not bashing on anyone specifically. But building a vehicle is honestly a pretty amazing process. I been though Ford, Chrysler, Kenworth and Freightliner plants. (Multiple times for all but KW. Figures since KW is my favorite. :crying:) Numerous transmission and axle plants as well. And yes, forklift (boring) factories too. Not a single time did I see any process that was not fully dedicated to building a vehicle and building it right. But it is a man-made product. Shit happens. (Yes dealers screw up too.) But at the end of the day the process is pretty amazing. Whole lot of people trying to do things right.

I guess I'm just saying that every little thing isn't a "Ford sucks!" crisis. Some of you folks would have to be put on suicide watch if you bought a new house and started nitpicking it. Just inspecting the first room would have you in the fetal position calling for your Mommy.

My rant is over.
It’s refreshing to see someone who feels the same about their Ranger. Mine has not been problem free: pcm & bcm went out at 36,400 miles. Right after my warranty expired. :oops: One was covered still, the other not. Cost a couple thousands dollars.
Do I hate my Ranger because of it? No. I bought an extended warranty. I would love to never have another problem, but I’m realistic. I just try to maintain everything the best I can.

That being said, I expect quality for the price. Ford should stand behind their product and correct these major issues affecting Ranger owners. If ‘Ol Butterscotch starts acting the fool…we’ll see.🤷‍♀️:turkey:

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Only real problem I’ve had is the transmission, and for fixed it under warranty. My 2014 Tacoma needed warranty work, and it happens. Granted, I haven’t looked over my truck with a magnifying glass and calipers yet. It is a truck…
You mean it's not a Rolls Royce?!🤨 From the way others talk about the Ranger I would have thought different!!🫠

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
It's an automotive forum and like all, the breakdown is as follows 45% bootlickers, 45% haters, and 10% noal folks.

3rd shift was too busy carrying 1st and 2nd to leave surprises. Had to be those sheisty swing shifters.
only 45% bootlickers ? seems low to me.

BS67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Eye Tech, 2A supporter, USMC "Doc" '89-'95
Sorry but I believe we have some folks on here that would bitch about being given $100 bill if they had to walk across the room to get it.
How big is the room?......I mean, if the person doing the offering is already up and moving around they could just bring it over to my chair! They could even get within 3 or 4 feet and crumple it up and toss it to me! No complaints on my '22 XLT. Very satisfied!

thumb.gif

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I’m not brand specific and I love my tremor but it came with quality issues for sure. Fixed all myself as I realized dealers are awful. I actually like when there are posts of little issues. I say keep ‘em coming. Everyone here is pretty chill and fun.
This forum has brought out the engineer in me. Assess and prioritize, explore solutions and formulate processes then execute. Analyze and address progress. Develop contingent action.

My financial investment and return has been the validation for me and though I've taken a risk buying a first year model I'm happy with my Ranger.

Those who criticize and act to counteract the 'shortcomings' of our trucks have my respect and I often revisit those threads for relevant information.

CATX

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger TURBO
We bought my wife's new Forester 2 months before my new Ranger and I can honestly say with Subaru quality is first rate and with Ford it's not. End of rant
my wife’s Lexus was recalled week one because the front half shaft assembly was going to come loose bc it was installed improperly. My 21 Ranger was flawless. So there’s that.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I have to agree with the OP. I live the people who think that the truck should have been tuned from the factory. You realize Ford has emission standards to comply with. This is a relatively cheap truck, compared to other trucks. There are trade offs for that. Toyota has been plagued with issues. It happens. At least our frames aren’t rusting out in a couple years.
I love my truck. Had a couple issues but that’s life.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
my damper squeaks when its cold. not sure if its fords fault though.....
Ugh, so does mine! It started just in the winter but is now doing a low groan in warmer temps.

I suppose I could put silicon grease on it but I'd rather start a thread on here to moan and groan about it.

Moan & Groan Baby! =D

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
my wife’s Lexus was recalled week one because the front half shaft assembly was going to come loose bc it was installed improperly. My 21 Ranger was flawless. So there’s that.
My Ranger was recalled because the windshield was glued in with bubble gum 2 weeks after I got it. The oil stinks like gas and level goes up. Our Subaru is flawless and the leather seats are perfectly stitched and not just thrown together with big wrinkles like my Ranger. The body line gaps are all perfect on the Subaru Japanese quality and detail is amazing. Just comparing the 2 side by side. Both pandemic built vehicles and zero deconents on the Subaru.

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
Ugh, so does mine! It started just in the winter but is now doing a low groan in warmer temps.

I suppose I could put silicon grease on it but I'd rather start a thread on here to moan and groan about it.

Moan & Groan Baby! =D
Dave will soon be offering damper grease for the older ones that get squeaky I bet. Only $49.99 a tube and buy one get one free :curse:
Sponsored

Last edited: