First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Ugh, so does mine! It started just in the winter but is now doing a low groan in warmer temps.

I suppose I could put silicon grease on it but I'd rather start a thread on here to moan and groan about it.

Moan & Groan Baby! =D
David I have just the thing for you when it's cold out up there. :oops:

Dave will soon be offering damper grease for the older ones that get squeaky I bet. Only $49.99 a tube and buy one get one free :curse:
Even better Ed.....o_O

Part# 5303918276 Damper Heater Kit (OEM)

https://www.genuinereplacementparts.com/5303918276-oem?msclkid=1508c8f839f418fbaf6dab1ce86bf325
Sponsored

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Just imagine if you truly sold a Damper grease!! Better yet let many individuals figure out how you got the grease!!
Cant be any worse than my Blinker fluid. 😆

Blinker Fluid.jpg

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
Just imagine if you truly sold a Damper grease!! Better yet let many individuals figure out how you got the grease!!
I hear Banjos again :shock:

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
David I have just the thing for you when it's cold out up there. :oops:

Even better Ed.....o_O

Part# 5303918276 Damper Heater Kit (OEM)

https://www.genuinereplacementparts.com/5303918276-oem?msclkid=1508c8f839f418fbaf6dab1ce86bf325
That's pretty sweet and I need two - one for the damper and the other for me seat.

Speaking of which, did you see that Mercedes wants to charge $60 a month to unleash 60 extra HP and they actually want to make things like heated seats a monthly subscription!?!

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
If Dave recommends it, I buy it!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That's pretty sweet and I need two - one for the damper and the other for me seat.

Speaking of which, did you see that Mercedes wants to charge $60 a month to unleash 60 extra HP and they actually want to make things like heated seats a monthly subscription!?!
Sadly I see more and more manufacturers going this route with subscriptions.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I get it. This is a Ranger forum. And anyone who cares enough to be a member here is most likely a bit uptight about their truck. But does EVERYFREAKINGTHING have to be a reason to start a thread with "OMG my Ranger has this!" Or "Ford should have done this!" Sorry but I believe we have some folks on here that would bitch about being given $100 bill if they had to walk across the room to get it.

For the record my Tremor has/had two manufacturing issues that I have noticed so far. Here are the issues along with my response:

1) Driver door is slightly out of alignment. Did I call the dealer for an appointment and then bitch about the backlog? Nope. Did I start a thread to bitch about Ford and/or the dealership? Nope. Did I look at it long and hard to decide what to do? Yep. Solution? Live with it. No one else has even noticed it. For me personally it's just not worth a shop visit. Door alignment is a bit less than perfect. Ok. Move on.

2) As has been mentioned in other threads, the window trim on the left rear door was not installed correctly. Call dealer? Nope. Bitch about it here? Hell no. Solution????? Ding ding ding!!! We have a winner! I pushed the trim into place! Wow, what a thought. Took some concentrated effort but then it popped right into place. Been perfect every since.

When people ask me about my truck what do I tell them? I tell them the truth.... I LOVE MY TREMOR!!!! Do I mention the defects? What defects?

I had decided that I was never going to mention these two issues here in the forum as I did not want to add to the whining. But a couple of threads I read recently just caused me to go "Really?"

Not bashing on anyone specifically. But building a vehicle is honestly a pretty amazing process. I been though Ford, Chrysler, Kenworth and Freightliner plants. (Multiple times for all but KW. Figures since KW is my favorite. :crying:) Numerous transmission and axle plants as well. And yes, forklift (boring) factories too. Not a single time did I see any process that was not fully dedicated to building a vehicle and building it right. But it is a man-made product. Shit happens. (Yes dealers screw up too.) But at the end of the day the process is pretty amazing. Whole lot of people trying to do things right.

I guess I'm just saying that every little thing isn't a "Ford sucks!" crisis. Some of you folks would have to be put on suicide watch if you bought a new house and started nitpicking it. Just inspecting the first room would have you in the fetal position calling for your Mommy.

My rant is over.
Other than $6,000 to replace my transmission, I've been extremely happy...my 3 item grocery list only took me 2 hours this time...

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician

That is why I have a 1993 Nissan Pathfinder

brroberts

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD SuperCab
Occupation
audio / semi retired
I’m glad your Subbie is good. My 2002 Impreza Outback Sport was the worst vehicle I ever owned. I was not sad when it died at 139K and thousands of dollars in repairs. I’ll never buy a Subbie. My Ranger has been fine.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I have to agree with the OP. I live the people who think that the truck should have been tuned from the factory. You realize Ford has emission standards to comply with. This is a relatively cheap truck, compared to other trucks. There are trade offs for that. Toyota has been plagued with issues. It happens. At least our frames aren’t rusting out in a couple years.
I love my truck. Had a couple issues but that’s life.
Lowest cost to own, and best in class gas mileage. The rest is on the owner.