First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Took the Ranger in for the recall on Feb 11 and head rests were ordered.
Came in Friday and got them today....so there is around a 2 week wait for them, but they are shipping them.
Nice headrests, fold 90 degrees via a button.
Just for info for those who are waiting.
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Are you talking about the headrest for the back seat? That's something my 2019 did with no problems from the factory.

OP
OP
Grumpaw

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Are you talking about the headrest for the back seat? That's something my 2019 did with no problems from the factory.
Yeah, there's a recall for some 2021 Ranger Supercab's . Rear headrests are fixed...they did away with the folding units. Apparently the fixed rests interfere with child seat placement/securing them.
So they are replacing the fixed rests with the folding units under recall/warranty.

maxbottomtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT SCAB 4x4
I hate to bump this, but I do love that Ford tried to save $3 on hinges for those headrests, then had to replace them anyway, presumably at a much greater cost. I had of course purchased 2019 headrests from a wrecked truck, which worked (other than they did not seem to lock in quite right). The new ones must be a different part, as the warranty replacement folders lock just fine.

I had mine done, but got the run around. Dealer told me they'd call me, parts ordered, wait they weren't, now they ARE ordered, and finally got them swapped out last week. warranty work started in mid april, finished two days ago when i finally had headrests swapped out.

Jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 XLT SuperCrew 4x2. Former '21 SuperCab Owner
You couldn't remove the headrests on a 2021 SuperCab without unbolting the seat back, which was dumb. I removed one the day I got the truck so that I could put a booster seat in. With the new headrests, I can easily put it back in and allow someone to ride bolt upright in discomfort if I need to.

I called the dealer to have them do them with the 20k service. I scheduled a week out and they had the headrests no problem.
Sponsored