Dustanmont

First Name
Dustan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
235C4CF4-3B6E-44DF-A263-DF01F0887C3C.jpeg
I’m wondering if the step inside the coupler that attaches to the turbo outlet would benefit from chamfering that edge... Or is that I.D. the same as that of the turbo outlet in which case the flow should be smooth?

Hmmmm
It might end up being pushed flush? Thats interesting.
Everything looks awesome.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Hey Guys!

I just wanted to jump in here and let you know that we did start shipping these pipe kits out already, BUT the presale pricing will stay through the end of January!

235C4CF4-3B6E-44DF-A263-DF01F0887C3C.jpeg
I’m wondering if the step inside the coupler that attaches to the turbo outlet would benefit from chamfering that edge... Or is that I.D. the same as that of the turbo outlet in which case the flow should be smooth?

Hmmmm
It might end up being pushed flush? Thats interesting.
Everything looks awesome.
Yup, that was done on purpose! The flare is so that the turbo outlet sits flush with the coupler for a more even surface throughout the piping system, which reduces turbulence and helps the system flow better.

Looking forward to seeing more of these kits installed!

-Nick

Dustanmont

First Name
Dustan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Hey Guys!

I just wanted to jump in here and let you know that we did start shipping these pipe kits out already, BUT the presale pricing will stay through the end of January!

Yup, that was done on purpose! The flare is so that the turbo outlet sits flush with the coupler for a more even surface throughout the piping system, which reduces turbulence and helps the system flow better.

Looking forward to seeing more of these kits installed!

-Nick
I was waiting to buy the intercooler and piping as a kit. Will there be an equivalent deal on the package as a whole? Or should I buy the pipes now and the intercooler alone when it goes on presale?
Also, do you plan on making an installation video for the pipes and or intercooler?

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I was waiting to buy the intercooler and piping as a kit. Will there be an equivalent deal on the package as a whole? Or should I buy the pipes now and the intercooler alone when it goes on presale?
Also, do you plan on making an installation video for the pipes and or intercooler?
Great question! We will be offering discounted presales for the intercooler and full intercooler kit in a few weeks. If you're planning on upgrading the full intercooling system, the best value would be to hold out for our presale on the intercooler kit. If you're eager to start modding, like I said, the pipes are on sale through the end of January, and it won't cost too much more to buy the intercooler separately.

-Nick

Dustanmont

First Name
Dustan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Great question! We will be offering discounted presales for the intercooler and full intercooler kit in a few weeks. If you're planning on upgrading the full intercooling system, the best value would be to hold out for our presale on the intercooler kit. If you're eager to start modding, like I said, the pipes are on sale through the end of January, and it won't cost too much more to buy the intercooler separately.

-Nick
Do you plan on making an installation video?
Do you forsee any issues like leaks or tubes popping out under boost with the worm gear clamps?

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Do you plan on making an installation video?
Do you forsee any issues like leaks or tubes popping out under boost with the worm gear clamps?
It doesn't look like we'll have a full video for the installation, but we will have a written installation guide available on the product page.

Nope! We've actually been using these worm-gears for some time now with no issue. I personally regularly push 17-22psi through the Mishi kit installed on my Focus ST without any leaks or issues there. In fact, the worm gear style clamp has the best clamping force since it cinches the band evenly around the coupler. This kit includes our high-torque clamps too, which have a wider and thicker band.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

-Nick

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I suppose the Mishimoto Intercooler will flow more than stock and alter how that will affect performance?

Gixxers

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger
Occupation
Steelworkers
It doesn't look like we'll have a full video for the installation, but we will have a written installation guide available on the product page.

Nope! We've actually been using these worm-gears for some time now with no issue. I personally regularly push 17-22psi through the Mishi kit installed on my Focus ST without any leaks or issues there. In fact, the worm gear style clamp has the best clamping force since it cinches the band evenly around the coupler. This kit includes our high-torque clamps too, which have a wider and thicker band.

-Nick
I can't find the on your web page

AverageWhiteGuy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Professional Procastinator

-Nick
With the exception of the oil catch can, I really like aftermarket products by Mishimoto, is there a newsletter for ranger-specific announcements? Any plan on making a non-plastic cover for the 10R80 transmission? Hopefully with a magnetic drain plug. Thanks.

TommyAtomic

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
A Mishimoto box was waiting for me when I got back from picking up lunch. I've got to admit I am excited to swap in the better flowing pipes but I'd be more excited if there was a new intercooler as well. Has anyone installed the new pipes yet?

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
@Mishimoto did you do a dyno test with these pipes alone? Any data to share?

Also: I'm using the GFB DV+ and suspect the replacement bolts you've included will be too short. What should I do for longer replacements? (I wouldn't mind black anodized) I don't want to run the risk of stripping out or having screws back out.

Last edited:

Dustanmont

First Name
Dustan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
@Mishimoto did you do a dyno test with these pipes alone? Any data to share?

Also: I'm using the GFB DV+ and suspect the replacement bolts you've included will be too short. What should I do for longer replacements? (I wouldn't mind black anodized) I don't want to run the risk of stripping out or having screws back out.
This was with the intercooler and pipes during testing.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
This was with the intercooler and pipes during testing.
I saw that, and they report the power is for the complete upgrade (both pipes and intercooler) +12 HP, +14 TQ. It's really awesome as a base upgrade and I think it's done without a tune, so imagine that eventually factored in.

All I really have right now is a tune and exhaust and that's pretty powerful for a daily street driver.

I guess I'm ultimately heading towards the intercooler upgrade eventually. ???

Keep in mind aFe's claims about their Bladerunners alone (I'd be more interested in torque curve comparisons)
DETAILS:
  • Dyno-Proven Gains up to +11 HP and +22 Lbs. x Ft. TQ
  • Outflows Factory Intercooler Tubes by up to 23%
  • Includes 2-1/2" Hot Side and 3" Cold Side Tubes
....so I'm thinking tuning is going to make big improvements.

Last edited:

Dustanmont

First Name
Dustan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I saw that, and they report the power is for the complete upgrade (both pipes and intercooler) +12 HP, +14 TQ. It's really awesome as a base upgrade and I think it's done without a tune, so imagine that eventually factored in.

All I really have right now is a tune and exhaust and that's pretty powerful for a daily street driver.

We may be in luck within the next few weeks. My truck has the mishimoto intake, full SPD exhaust, TurboSmart BOV, and tuned by ZFG. Mishimoto said the best deal will be on the pipe and intercooler presale package.

They said in a post on the last page that the whole package will be available in a few weeks. I'll be purchasing that on pre-order sale.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.