How Do You Like Your AFE Intercooler Pipes?

Greatwhite

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Occupation
Rock/sand double trailer bottom dump truck
It’s like the answer3 said there two different versions the one pictured above I’m assuming is a dual port cause that’s how my dual port is positioned
Sponsored

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
Word? Can you elaborate? Two different models or two different versions of the same model?
Yes there is the Turbosmart BoV kompact EM VR13 plumb back part number 0223-1296 and the turbosmart bov kompact dual port vr13 part number 0223-1096. They both fit differently.

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
Any updates on the BOV clearance under the hood?
I just got my set from AFE last week and installed this past weekend. I also the GFB DV+. AFE has not made any changes to their design and the DV+ still touches the hood liner

I decided to use an Xacto knife and cut a small hole. I let it make an indentation for a few days to mark the location. Hood liner seems to be two layers so the one peeled away nicely

IMG_20200810_213834.jpg

Washingtonwarrior

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger lariat
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
So if anyone is confused about which direction your bov goes. There are different setups.
The stock one is setup at a 5 o’clock position.
The bov turbo smart is at a 8 o’clock position. It’s just the way they made the threading

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
If aFe was smart they would tilt the diverter mount for clearance like Mishimoto did with theirs.

Amsoil guy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Hydro Vac operator/ Amsoil Dealer
Trying to decide whether to go with a ghost tune or charge pipes.

Manny

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
i like the look, the power I felt right away, the sound it created, but i could not tell you if it made a numerical difference. I remember that it was not an easy install. i needed help and some more tools.

Roscoe_t

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL Supercab
Clearly installation of these tubes produced a lot of angst, but nothing in this thread confirmed that results (other than more noise) were worth the outlay in time and treasure. I'm skeptical of the maker's hp/torque claim. Has anyone actually dynoed their truck to measure an improvement from this mod?

veloci1

First Name
andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger 4wd XLT Ionic Silver.
in my opinion, they are not worth the money. you might find a little more responsiveness, but, again not worth the $$

Roscoe_t

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL Supercab
in my opinion, they are not worth the money. you might find a little more responsiveness, but, again not worth the $$
I found a dyno graph on the 5Star website that I think comes from aFe. It does show an 11 hp gain at 2700 rpm along with a boost in torque. Beyond that, though, the comparison with stock shows a negligible difference. In fact, the graph shows a slight DECLINE in performance between 3100 and 4k rpm. So you get a little boost at the lower end of the rpm spectrum and give up a little as revs go up. Like a lot of mods, the benefit comes at a price. Granted, that power increase is quickly accessible at 2700, but I run my engine up to 4k pretty often.

The graph is one of the illustrations that accompany this 5Star webpage. You may have to scroll through the pix to get to it. https://5startuning.com/product/201...tercooler-hot-and-cold-side-tubes-46-20384-b/
Sponsored