Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Didn’t get a pic but mine started just like normal here in -12 degrees
Any block heater or heated garage?

Mine's pretty new with only 1,800 miles and 20 months on the battery.

LaBalbe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
I'll let you know when it gets cold; it was only -16 with a -25 wind chill today.

I was out camping last weekend, doing an Advanced Wilderness & Disaster First Aid course, and one of the instructors was ex-military, and talked about having done a tour in the North where it would be -55 and they'd be sleeping in little lean-to's which were open at the bottom, so they'd get buried in the snow as they slept; actually, it kept them warm.

On the other end of the spectrum, I did a tour in Africa, and the local's teeth would start chattering when it hit mid-30C/90F; I think that I gave some of them pneumonia just by mentioning the concept of "winter camping".

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Wait a minute...are you the guy who actually subscribes to Sirius/XM? I heard they had one subscriber.
Guilty! ✋ But for $5/month it's better than listening to to babble heads on morning radio here.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
This is why the government wants to ban them. Punish the many for the few. Not saying I wont try this now, because I probably will.
Just make sure you don't have an over the range microwave. :oops:

1675621432555.png

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
Just make sure you don't have an over the range microwave. :oops:

1675621432555.png
Did this day one in the new house. You know the boss had to have it.... It changes everything and makes life so much better. If I can make giant flames without burning down my house, I might have to agree.

5F3EF42D-FD67-4813-996D-4DDD8201F47F.jpeg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Did this day one in the new house. You know the boss had to have it.... It changes everything and makes life so much better. If I can make giant flames without burning down my house, I might have to agree.

5F3EF42D-FD67-4813-996D-4DDD8201F47F.jpeg
Yeah the are really nice and I think look a lot better than a micro overhead. You do lose the cabinet storage above but unless you're a giant they're useless anyways. Plus I just put extra light bulbs and other extra stuff up there which I usually forget about anyways. lol

scarchild35

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Sales Engineer
No pictures but I did remote start mine that one night before Christmas weekend and our local temperature said -5 F. And no, I didn't go outside. I started it using the app and I will say that you could tell by how it sounded when it turned over that it was severely cold. It's rare for it to get that cold here. And for the record, I had about 3600 miles on it when I did that.

OP
OP
subquark

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
No pictures but I did remote start mine that one night before Christmas weekend and our local temperature said -5 F. And no, I didn't go outside. I started it using the app and I will say that you could tell by how it sounded when it turned over that it was severely cold. It's rare for it to get that cold here. And for the record, I had about 3600 miles on it when I did that.
I think mine also sounded a tiny bit sluggish to start. It still fired up on the one crank but maybe a second slower. Not much, but like you said, it seemed to be a bit more effort for it to go.

Excellent on the remote start with the app, I was a little OCD using the app to keep checking the tire pressure. =)
Sponsored