Cleaning inside of windshield (Anti-Fog/Smudge)

NWRanger

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Buyer
Vehicle Showcase
Colder weather has set in the Idaho panhandle, and as a result using the defog/defrost more.
The issue I have always had on my vehicles -Ranger included- is the "haze" that builds up on the inside of the windshield. How do you all go about cleaning it, and are there any suggestions to prevent or reduce it from reoccurring as often?
It becomes a real nuisance, especially when driving at night.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SymChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 / 2017 Escape SE FWD
I don’t like wasting so I’m still slowly using up a bottle of Windex that we had lying around. Usually need two to three passes to really get it it “streak free” though.

once that’s used up I’ll start looking at whatever’s out there that catches my eye (and hopefully based on other’s responses to this thread).

MrAnalog

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4
Occupation
Engineer
The key is to use several changes of paper towels. Otherwise you are just smearing the stuff around. You can use a clean microfiber cloth for the final pass for the best result.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I use Invisible Glass in the spray can. I can't say it's any better than the others. I just like the foam spray as it doesn't run down the window as fast as the liquid. Then I just clean, and clean until I think I've got it all. Sadly, I never do. :)

Dr.Me

First Name
Daven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I use the same thing as the exterior, waterless car wash, but it doesn't get cold here:crazy:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I did a write up about this last year here. Since using this method mine has been spotless! Just remember when using a Magic Eraser make sure it's wet and not dry. Also do not apply any pressure just hold it lightly. I use the Invisible Glass but in a squirt bottle but I doubt either makes a difference. The key is to follow the video and it will be streak free.

Last edited:

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I did a write up about this last year here. Since using this method mine has been spotless! Just remember when using a Magic Eraser make sure it's wet and not dry. Also do not apply any pressure just hold it lightly. I use the Invisible Glass but in a squirt bottle but I doubt either makes a difference. The key is to follow the video and it will be streak free.

Chris Fix to the rescue:cool:

Unless your SO likes doing this while riding...?
F1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.jpg

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I use the spray glass cleaner at Costco - it is the best window cleaner I've ever used - no streaks and easy to use:

https://www.costcobusinessdelivery.com/sprayway-glass-cleaner,-23-oz,-4-ct.product.100338358.html
I've used that before and it works great too. Actually I'm not sure why I stopped I think someone suggested the Stoner Invisible Glass and I stayed with it. The key is to get the oils off or you'll just smears them around with the glass cleaner. I've tried everything and use to fight getting it crystal clear then found this video. As long as the Magic Eraser is wet (not soaked) you won't scratch your windshield.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Suffering thru this as well.
Film is from the outgassing of all the plastics in a new vehicle. It gets better over time...

EDIT
Just watched the video - yup outgassing :rolleyes:
Never though tto use magic eraser, will need to try that!

Last edited:
OP
OP
NWRanger

NWRanger

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Buyer
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks I'll definitely give it a try!
Sponsored