Catalytic converter alarlivi

Troutfool

First Name
Domenico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford Ranger Lariat Soper cab
in Colorado catalytic converter thefts are up ove 100%. my question is will the Ranger alarm go off do to vibrations. Converters are being stolen with a cordless saws.
TIA
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
^^This.^^ Once they look underneath they'll move onto the next vehicle. AFAIK the alarm doesn't have motion but I do know it will go off if your window is down and you reach in and unlock the door. Ask me how I know. :shock::facepalm:

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
in Colorado catalytic converter thefts are up ove 100%. my question is will the Ranger alarm go off do to vibrations. Converters are being stolen with a cordless saws.
TIA
No the alarm will not go off

Waltztj

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Xl
Occupation
Retired
My factory alarm will go off in a thunder storm, it all depends how you have the sensitivity set. I turn it off when the storm gets close.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
My factory alarm will go off in a thunder storm, it all depends how you have the sensitivity set. I turn it off when the storm gets close.
It is a perimeter alarm. Where is this sensitivity setting you are talking about?

Waltztj

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Xl
Occupation
Retired
It is a perimeter alarm. Where is this sensitivity setting you are talking about?
Yes it is the perimeter alarm with the optional parts that the dealer don't tell you, you need . They are a plug and play hardness that plugs into the back of the ODB port and it give you remote start/stop with the key fob and a box that has the adjustment on it. Here is the info

Part No: KN1Z19A361A
FORD PERIMETER PLUS VEHICLE SECURITY SYSTEM

Reactions: R_B
OP
OP
Troutfool

Troutfool

First Name
Domenico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford Ranger Lariat Soper cab
I was told some truck will activate the alarm due to vibration.

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Occupation
Paramedic/Shift Supervisor

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Yes it is the perimeter alarm with the optional parts that the dealer don't tell you, you need . They are a plug and play hardness that plugs into the back of the ODB port and it give you remote start/stop with the key fob and a box that has the adjustment on it. Here is the info

Part No: KN1Z19A361A
FORD PERIMETER PLUS VEHICLE SECURITY SYSTEM
Ok so it’s an accessory. Slim chance the OP has that.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
How do you know? :LOL:

I'll bet it's the same way I know. From.... ummm.... watching someone else do it? Maybe. :bandit:
I wish. lol Plus I was in the garage at the time which only made it that much louder. Of course the fob was in the house too.

Holding Ears:Loud Noise.png

BrassSlinger

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue Tremor Lariat,2017 Honda Civic
Occupation
Technician
Only thing they will hear is the crack of rifle fire at 3200 fps

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Catalytic converter thefts are not a problem in Weld County Colorado.....probably because we encourage folks to walk around armed to the teeth....

Unlike Denver where the leadership thrives on keeping its Citizens in the crosshairs of criminals.....:wink:.

Can't carry in Denver now so I stay away from places I can't defend myself or family.....:angry:

These folks are so silly.....why do they think that kid targeted the King Soopers in Boulder? Sadly...what is probably the town/city you would be the least likely to find someone carrying concealed in Colorado?.....Boulder!

You don't hear me talking about this subject much but to be honest.....the way to counter mass shooter events is more folks with permits walking around armed.....IMHO (but the data backs me up on that).

Face it folks.....the police can't be everywhere all the time......

Sorry for the rant.....I'm just tired of hearing how I'm a bad man because I own/carry firearms!!!

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Well perhaps Weld County should become part of Texas and as an fyi below are some statistics on auto theft from law enforcement in Greely and Evans - both of which I believe are in Weld County. Factually auto thefts are higher than the state average, despite all the tough guys in Weld county exercising their 2nd amendment rights.

I don't think Denver will be all shook up that some people won't go there because they aren't allowed to carry concealed firearms in the parks and city government buildings.

Locally, Greeley and Evans have seen an identical pattern when it comes to auto theft. The Greeley Police Department reported 569 auto thefts in 2021, up from 263 in 2017.

“As you can see, we’ve seen an even higher increase than the state average – about 116% comparing 2021 and 2017,” said Ian Hunt, the department’s crime analyst.

GRE-L-AutoTheftRise-02.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: