First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Right around the corner from my house they just bought a big building that has 6 lifts in it and a large attached lot. Looks to be a flipping facility. Bring them in, detail them, any need maintenance and then off to where ever their going. The amount of loaded car carriers that come in and out on a daily basis is crazy. I’ve seen at least a half a dozen Rangers on their lot. Not to many F150’s though.

When I as at my dealer yesterday they had 3 Rangers (1 in showroom) and about 20 F150’s in different flavors.
Sponsored

DAT84

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Sport | '09 MS3 - CorkSport Tuned
Occupation
Structural Detailer / Drafter
I still get “You’ve stumped us for my 2021. It’s not like I would sell it anyway but I have checked just for fun.

I have a current offer for $3500 more than I paid for my Expedition. Cant find anything reasonably priced to replace it. A new Expedition XLT is insanely expensive and used ones are just as bad... wife will keep driving ours until stuff starts falling off. On the plus side I’ve not had one issue with that truck at 67,000k miles. It has one funky panel gap I never got addressed but mechanically it’s flawless.
Take it to your local dealer. Having the same issue.

DAT84

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Took mine to another local Ford dealer today - 2021 XLT Supercrew in Cactus Grey with under 4,000 miles. Was ready to be disappointed again (last dealer only offered $34,000) . . . They came back and offered me $38,000. MSRP was $38,755 and I didn't pay anywhere near that back in March. I have another dealer that is "desperate" and wants to give me an offer Saturday morning as well.

As much as I like the Ranger, there's some things that are annoying me (squeaky brakes, bouncy suspension, engine noise) that are tempting me to let it go and jump back in when the 6th gen come out. Looking at the Maverick's interior compared to ours really has me kinda jealous. One things that has always bothered me is the fit and finish of the interior. At first I told myself "it's a truck, get over it" but my 2015 Focus at half the price honestly felt better put together. Then I went for a ride in my buddy's 2021 F-150, and that really had me yearning.

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
Took mine to another local Ford dealer today - 2021 XLT Supercrew in Cactus Grey with under 4,000 miles. Was ready to be disappointed again (last dealer only offered $34,000) . . . They came back and offered me $38,000. MSRP was $38,755 and I didn't pay anywhere near that back in March. I have another dealer that is "desperate" and wants to give me an offer Saturday morning as well.

As much as I like the Ranger, there's some things that are annoying me (squeaky brakes, bouncy suspension, engine noise) that are tempting me to let it go and jump back in when the 6th gen come out. Looking at the Maverick's interior compared to ours really has me kinda jealous. One things that has always bothered me is the fit and finish of the interior. At first I told myself "it's a truck, get over it" but my 2015 Focus at half the price honestly felt better put together. Then I went for a ride in my buddy's 2021 F-150, and that really had me yearning.
It sounds like you're trying to convince yourself that it's a smart move.

DAT84

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It sounds like you're trying to convince yourself that it's a smart move.
You may be correct in that assumption. Haha. I love having a truck after years of dreaming about it, but I gotta wonder, when dealers are offering almost MSRP for used trucks, we've gotta be at the plateau of their value, correct?

GregsFX2Ranger

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT 302A 4x2 Rapid Red Black Appear Package
Occupation
Management
Dealers around here are not biting on buying a 2021 XLT. (out of curiosity).
And Carvana and Vroom still won't give a value. (stumped).

On a different note get this.

I had 15 more months left on my 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee lease. I got out of the lease, and the dealer gave me $4900 back. residual value was stupid low, dealer made remaining payments, dealer made offer, thus cash in hand. It only has 13,000 miles on it.
Dealer will probably make $3-4K on it still.

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
You may be correct in that assumption. Haha. I love having a truck after years of dreaming about it, but I gotta wonder, when dealers are offering almost MSRP for used trucks, we've gotta be at the plateau of their value, correct?
That would be a reasonable assumption if you weren’t planning on replacing it immediately.

JimInAllen

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger STX SuperCrew 2WD
Occupation
Cybersecurity Consultant
I think the huge offers are at their plateau. The offer on my 2021 was only $30,000.
No thanks.
My truck has been in for service trying to resolve an ABS issue, and their used car department offered $30k for it Wednesday. It’s an STX SE 2WD Crewcab. I paid $1500 less including The taxes and title.

JimInAllen

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Consultant
Look at the money they want for this '11 with 54k mi.

1623759744234.png
I traded in a 2011 Ranger 4cyl, 2WD XLT for 14k on my 21 Ranger.

JimInAllen

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Consultant
I traded in a 2011 Ranger 4cyl, 2WD XLT for 14k on my 21 Ranger.
It had 79k miles on it As well. They sold it two days later for over 18k