Carrying 12' pipes, hang out of the bed?

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I'd strap them to the bottom of the frame...be careful stopping quickly or there're might be a boner or two...
Sponsored

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Why even use the bed at all when there are other solutions? Some of the below images are apparently from a country where the steering wheel is on right so you'll have to flip it the other way if you go that route. 😜

pipescar1.png

pipescar2.jpeg

carpipe3.jpeg

Last edited:

Nellieg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger crew cab
You know that cars and SUVs have seats that lay down and can actually manage 8ft before it's out the back... Less too worry about for this scenario.... Wish I had the window that opened in the back on my ranger

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Why even use the bed at all when there are other solutions? Some of the below images are apparently from a country where the steering wheel is on right so you'll have to flip it the other way if you go that route. 😜

carpipe3.jpeg
A guy I know, did this with baseboard moulding in his brand new Infinity. He drove into his garage and caught the door frame. They punctured the rear interior leather door panel and buggered up the door skin!

This same guy drove into his garage with two road bikes on the roof rack of his Subaru. Ruined everything - bikes, garage, car. 🤦‍♂️ Poor Chris.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
That looks like it will only keep the cargo from sliding out, not support the weight. And- $180 !!
Same thought here, no way it can support the load and kind of expensive for basically what a ratchet strap does.

1686920569010.png

LaBalbe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
A guy I know, did this with baseboard moulding in his brand new Infinity. He drove into his garage and caught the door frame. They punctured the rear interior leather door panel and buggered up the door skin!

This same guy drove into his garage with two road bikes on the roof rack of his Subaru. Ruined everything - bikes, garage, car. 🤦‍♂️ Poor Chris.
We all know THAT guy to whom we'd never loan a vehicle. Mine is a buddy from university; before he went on to graduate school, we had a send-off party. I get there, and he hands me his keys telling me not to let him drive if he's had to much to drink. As I took the keys, I looked him square in the eyes and told him that me drunker than I've ever been am a better driver than him stone-cold sober. High school friends of his who've never met me before are nodding their heads going, "yep, that's true...." Even he didn't argue with that.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
You guys.

I drove through hilly country roads and gravel roads with this hanging off the ranger with the tailgate up. It was too wide to have the tailgate down with the wheel wells. Looked like a giant wing. I even stopped at the liquor store on the way with a cop parked across the street and he didn't move.

You can just strap a 45lb plate to it on the driver end to hold it down if you need to.
Sponsored