First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing right now.

I'll be perfectly content driving my Jeep for a good while.

Red Jeep.png
That makes sense - if I had another vehicle I could use, even though I love my Ranger, I'd be sorely tempted. I'd sell, take the money and wait for the PHEV of the next Gen model.
Sponsored

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
Nice jeep, I'd roll in that.

Hmm... didn't think about motorcycle. I have one I barely ride...
Motorcycle dealer floors are barren, and bikes are in demand right now. Especially non-Harleys. You got one to unload you'll get the most money for it now.

Last edited:

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
That makes sense - if I had another vehicle I could use, even though I love my Ranger, I'd be sorely tempted. I'd sell, take the money and wait for the PHEV of the next Gen model.
Same here.

I don't drive much (had the Ranger 1.5 years and just turned 10k miles) and TBH I'm beginning to wonder if my driving style isn't going to be detrimental to long term durability of the EB engine.

I rarely drive more than 10 minutes and I don't think that lets the engine get up to full operating temp.

Nice jeep, I'd roll in that.
Thanks!

With the HO version of the V8 and the AWD it's a hoot jumping off the line ?

troutspinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
A couple of weeks ago I sold my 4 year old boat for more than I paid for it. It was a Deep V and I’ve been wanting to move to a bass style Mod V boat so I decided to take advantage of the market.

I already ordered the hull and trailer for my new boat. Bare bones, nothing but a hull that I am going to build out exactly how I want it. I thought about waiting a year, what goes up must come down type of thing before purchasing but I have a very specific want and I don’t see manufacturers decreasing MSRP on new stuff.

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
Same here.

I don't drive much (had the Ranger 1.5 years and just turned 10k miles) and TBH I'm beginning to wonder if my driving style isn't going to be detrimental to long term durability of the EB engine.

I rarely drive more than 10 minutes and I don't think that lets the engine get up to full operating temp.
The Ranger PHEV would be perfect for you. My situation is similar - it is either short trips or else towing the boat on longer highway trips. The PHEV will be great in both situations and fun to drive with 362 hp and 501 lb-ft of torque. Plus I can charge it with the small solar array I plan to install.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Ummm, this article says it's because of the economic rebound, and others say it's because of supply (commodities included) and demand. Who's knows which is right? But, with my luck the prices of used cars will bottom out by the time my Bronco arrives. :)

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The Ranger PHEV would be perfect for you. My situation is similar - it is either short trips or else towing the boat on longer highway trips. The PHEV will be great in both situations and fun to drive with 362 hp and 501 lb-ft of torque. Plus I can charge it with the small solar array I plan to install.
I really wish I already had my Bronco because I think I would sell my Ranger now and wait for the PHEV Ranger. It would be perfect for me for work as all my jobs are local within 10-15 miles max. Plus with having solar at my house now I could charge it there and it would be basically free.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Ummm, this article says it's because of the economic rebound, and others say it's because of supply (commodities included) and demand. Who's knows which is right? But, with my luck the prices of used cars will bottom out by the time my Bronco arrives. :)
Jim that depends on which "side" of the article you read. One side is saying its because of the rebound and the other because of the labor shortage because they're getting paid more to sit home. Personally I think it's a little of both because you jujus can not have almost every sector having shortages at the same time. Even during the recession in '08 we didn't have this coming out of it. Nothing really surprises me anymore.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Jim that depends on which "side" of the article you read. One side is saying its because of the rebound and the other because of the labor shortage because they're getting paid more to sit home. Personally I think it's a little of both because you jujus can not have almost every sector having shortages at the same time. Even during the recession in '08 we didn't have this coming out of it. Nothing really surprises me anymore.
I still think that it is because a certain country (or two) are doing economic manipulation by production control as part of a payback for getting hands slapped over previous mis-adventures and manipulations...plus, we don't help ourselves much with career chuckle-heads in charge who don't get elected to the job... both sides

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I will just say this - COVID has changed pretty much all the rules for a whole host of industries, and society as a whole. It will take a while for everyone to adjust to the "new normal".

I'm wondering if some companies will re-think the "just in time" inventory method for production? When things are all going well, it works fine, but when you throw a wrench into things (like COVID), it has HUGE repercussions which it does not deal well with.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Dealers never go by KBB or Black Book. They have a mysterious wholesaler who goes by local markets. Your high demand vehicle, well....there are just too many of them out there. Wink wink.
Yep, the KBB instant Cash Offer was a bit below the low trade in number.

That said, when I filled out the instant cash offer form, I had multiple dealers contact me telling me they could beat that.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I still think that it is because a certain country (or two) are doing economic manipulation by production control as part of a payback for getting hands slapped over previous mis-adventures and manipulations...plus, we don't help ourselves much with career chuckle-heads in charge who don't get elected to the job... both sides
I think you're onto something there my friend.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
My dealer is a small dealer in a small town. I drive auction returns for them and the price of used vehicles at auction is so high they haven't bought in since February.

ArchitectThom

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Architect
Welcome to Biden's America.

Where we hand out money to the lower class just because they've made us feel bad that they have less than we do and, in the process, make EVERYTHING more expensive for everyone... including the lower class.

How's that new $15/hr pay lookin' for ya now?
Sponsored