S'Cab delivering, at least mine came, and recall issue was not completed.

JimInVA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2121 Ranger Lariat/SCab/4x2, Took 8.5 months wait
Occupation
Retired Military
Making a new post on this as I know some said dealer would not release until the recall resolved. Mine never blinked and seemed to know nothing about it. Just said it will be like any other recall when they have parts to take care of it.

Mine is S'Cab, 4x2, six ft bed. Was delivered to dealer here in Northern VA day before yesterday I believe.

One issue, the front sensor thinks something is in front on driver's side and won't go off. It alarms when I stop until I am rolling again. Finally got help on how to turn the darn sensor off.

It is cold here and freezing water may be problem. Something to deal with in future but I was not going to balk at dealer when I tested it. Get that sucker off the lot, my money in their hand and at least I got delivery.

Only other glitch, I had removed my Vietnam Vet plates from my old 2002 Ranger and was told I could use them on the new truck. Naaa. Have to order new plates later. Don't believe everything people tell me, eh?

20220111_160005.jpg

20220111_155958.jpg

20220111_155949.jpg
Sponsored

Steven D Tipton

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX Supercew & Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Making a new post on this as I know some said dealer would not release until the recall resolved. Mine never blinked and seemed to know nothing about it. Just said it will be like any other recall when they have parts to take care of it.

Mine is S'Cab, 4x2, six ft bed. Was delivered to dealer here in Northern VA day before yesterday I believe.

One issue, the front sensor thinks something is in front on driver's side and won't go off. It alarms when I stop until I am rolling again. Finally got help on how to turn the darn sensor off.

It is cold here and freezing water may be problem. Something to deal with in future but I was not going to balk at dealer when I tested it. Get that sucker off the lot, my money in their hand and at least I got delivery.

Only other glitch, I had removed my Vietnam Vet plates from my old 2002 Ranger and was told I could use them on the new truck. Naaa. Have to order new plates later. Don't believe everything people tell me, eh?

20220111_160005.jpg

20220111_155958.jpg

20220111_155949.jpg
2021 or 2022. I'm sure the recall on headrest was completed. Easy to find out, is your rear seat headrest removal able.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.

20220111_160005.jpg

20220111_155958.jpg

20220111_155949.jpg
Horse Poo on getting rid of your tags.....I've had the same tag on my last 3 vehicles...
Keep your vet tags, let your dealer put their ordered tags on.
Take your two registrations, and the tags dealer got, along with your vet tags, and take them to any Va Tag/license outlet, and simply tell them you want to switch tags.
5 minutes and a few $$$ (just a few 5 I think) and your done.
If your dealer did not get tags and you have temperory tags on it, just take your vet tags and registration to a Va tag agency and tell them you sold the 2002, removed the tags, and want them reassigned to the new Ranger.

OP
OP
JimInVA

JimInVA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2121 Ranger Lariat/SCab/4x2, Took 8.5 months wait
Occupation
Retired Military
Horse Poo on getting rid of your tags.....I've had the same tag on my last 3 vehicles...
Keep your vet tags, let your dealer put their ordered tags on.
Take your two registrations, and the tags dealer got, along with your vet tags, and take them to any Va Tag/license outlet, and simply tell them you want to switch tags.
5 minutes and a few $$$ (just a few 5 I think) and your done.
If your dealer did not get tags and you have temperory tags on it, just take your vet tags and registration to a Va tag agency and tell them you sold the 2002, removed the tags, and want them reassigned to the new Ranger.
Problem was they did not show up in database with state. SOld truck in Aug and the long break seemed the issue. Too bad. Will follow your advice. Thanks.

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
Hey Jim glad the waiting is over for you and finally received your Ranger.:clap:

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
I think the Scabs look better than my 4 door, but I needed the extra room for the kids that are getting big. Good looking ride.
Sponsored