First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Found a tremor that I like here in WV, about a 2.5 trip to Mid State Ford in Summersville WV.

List is 42,340, dealer has a $1000.00 off and the ad says to call for a conditional final price? I believe Ford is offering a 1st responder discount of $500.00, so I sound be able to grab that as well.

Ford financing shows 1.9% for 60 months plus a 1,000.00 bonus cash, how does that work? Could I put it towards the price of the truck?
How is Ford finance to deal with?

My '13 f150 is in decent shape. 161,000 miles. NADA web site shows 10-13,000.00 trade in value. I paid around 13,000 with a '09 tacoma trade in 5 years ago.

I really hate to be buying right now, and the thought of a vehicle payment is about to give me a panic attack!

Any tips, or information anyone can offer up would be great.
Sponsored

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Found a tremor that I like here in WV, about a 2.5 trip to Mid State Ford in Summersville WV.

List is 42,340, dealer has a $1000.00 off and the ad says to call for a conditional final price? I believe Ford is offering a 1st responder discount of $500.00, so I sound be able to grab that as well.

Ford financing shows 1.9% for 60 months plus a 1,000.00 bonus cash, how does that work? Could I put it towards the price of the truck?

My '13 f150 is in decent shape. 161,000 miles. NADA web site shows 10-13,000.00 trade in value. I paid around 13,000 with a '09 tacoma trade in 5 years ago.

I really hate to be buying right now, and the thought of a vehicle payment is about to give me a panic attack!

Before you trade at the dealer, which they will always try to low ball you, try some of the on line dealers like Carvana or Varoom. I recently sold a 2013 Subaru which NADA and Kelly gave a price of around $12-$14 thousand. Was in good condition, 50 thousand miles on the odometer and another 40 thousand towed behind our motor home.
For giggles went to Carvana, and they offered $20,760.00, which of course I accepted. Only paid $23 thousand for it new in 2013. 3 days later rep comes to house, takes a few photos, I sign some paper work and she hands me a check. 2 hours later flatbed shows up and Subi goes bye bye.
It is a sellers market now with used and new vehicles in high demand, so be weary of low ball offers from a dealer on a trade.
Of course, their offer is based on the condition, and they will do a CarFax check, and if there is any problem with the truck, like accidents or salvage, they won't touch it.
NADA and Kelly don't take into account the current shortage of vehicles so the prices they quote are not inline with current market. Also, your location has some bearing on it's value, some vehicles like your pick up may bring more $$$ in WV than it would in New York City .
As far as Ford Finance, if your credit is good, they are just as good as anyone else. Their low rate is based on your credit rating being good, and, like any bank, the rate will go up as your credit rating goes down.
The bonus cash and incentive money offered is almost always applied to lowering the price of the vehicle in the final paperwork.

Last edited:

f1loco

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JAG F-Type 400S - last of the British Fords
Sellers market right now, but that means you are also a buyer. I'd be sure the "conditional" price is final price w/o ADM (adjusted market pricing) especially if you have a long drive. Dealers have a tendency to claim any rebates as ADM these days. I like Carvana, but just remember you could lose the tax savings on trade in value depending on your state. Shop with other banks on rates.

OP
OP

ppfd

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Just looked at carvona and the online quote was $7500.
NADA site shows a rough trade in value of $15,900 ??

Hickesy

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021 STX SuperCab 4x4

Why not get a lower spec Ranger, save $10k and then you can mod it later on. ?

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat

I would wait awhile and save as much as possible to put toward the purchase. Then you can buy and feel good about it.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
If you don't like the thought of a payment the Tremor is the most expensive model. My well equipped XLT extended cab was 10K less than that tremor price.

I've never had a problem with ford credit. 1.9% for 60 months is ok but with a purchase price north of 40K without a nice down payment that's a hefty payment. I got 2.9 for 72 months to get a low payment then I just pay extra when I have it. Being that long a drive I'd want a firm pre trade in price before driving there unless it was "the truck I want" an I'm buying it.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
If you don't like the thought of a payment the Tremor is the most expensive model. My well equipped XLT extended cab was 10K less than that tremor price.
My “well equipped” XLT FX4 stickered for $40k back in January, so that seems like a pretty good price on the Tremor. But, if it’s giving you a panic attack I wouldn’t do it until you are sure you’re ready financially. If you don’t off-road, the Tremor is overkill and, as others have said, you can buy a lesser model and still have a very capable truck.

towpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariet F150
keep in mind how many other people are also thinking about looking at that truck. some times you just don't have time to do what is best.
and if your state has sales tax you only pay tax on the amount of purchase AFTER the trade in.
sell it to someone else and you lost that tax advantage. where I live that is 7%

OP
OP

ppfd

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Bought the truck last night. Decent trade for my old truck and I put some money down.
Got the truck at $1500 off, $1,000 ford incentives and $500 for 1st responder. Went with ford credit at 1.9% for 60 months.
Yeah I just hate owing or having a payment on anything.
Mid State Ford in summersville WV, good folks to deal with. They have 3 tremors and a lariat 4fx if anyone is looking.

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
Congratulations on the new Ranger.
Sponsored