used truck prices thru the roof

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
Lately I have been thinking about trading my Ranger for a slightly older model V8 F-150. I love my Ranger but TBH I do have some concerns the long term reliability of the DI engine, and a larger size box would be nice, as well as using regular fuel would be a nice little benefit. I did put a catch can and Unleashed tune on it

Based on the VIN and no physical inspection, the dealership I bought it from offered me about $800 more than I paid, but they only have EB engines in the F-150s on the lot. If I work out a deal I would tell them about the catch can, and likely replumb it around the can and leave it ready to be hooked up again for a new owner. Has anyone had any experience trading a tuned vehicle which is still under warranty?
Sponsored

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
If you have the unleashed tune you should revert it back to stock before trading it in. that way you can either use the BDX for another vehicle or sell it. I have always reverted my tuned vehicle back to stock before trading, made some good money selling the old tuner boxes.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'm frugal so I usually take everything (within reason ) off and either re-use it or sell it. The dealer isn't going to give you any more for aftermarket parts including a tune. If you decide to leave it I would tell them and give them the tuner box. If it were me, I would take the tune out and either keep the box for another vehicle or sell it.

OP
OP
puckdodger

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm frugal so I usually take everything (within reason ) off and either re-use it or sell it. The dealer isn't going to give you any more for aftermarket parts including a tune. If you decide to leave it I would tell them and give them the tuner box. If it were me, I would take the tune out and either keep the box for another vehicle or sell it.
I cannot imagine an alternate universe whereby those catch can hoses will ever be taken off this truck LMAO.

Tune would revert to stock and I would be keeping the BDX for my next truck.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I cannot imagine an alternate universe whereby those catch can hoses will ever be taken off this truck LMAO.

lol That's why I said within reason. ? I mostly take stuff like floor mats, bed mats and side steps IF my new truck is going to be the same and all these are still in good condition. When I had my business back east I would buy the same F150 every 3 years so most of these things were transferable and they were just going to get trashed in a work truck anyways.

Good luck with your new truck and post some pictures when you get it.

db_tanker

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 2018 Honda Civic EX 5 door
Occupation
Process Professional
you aren't kidding about the prices. I've been looking for just an old beater that I can piddle around with and fix up later...

BEATER BOXES are going for north of 5k

I figure I'll wait lol

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
KBB offered me 31,900.
Ford will give me 29,500 against a 2021 XLT Sport 4x4.
We only paid 32,000 for it in 2019.
Yep. Crazy prices!

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
If you have the unleashed tune you should revert it back to stock before trading it in. that way you can either use the BDX for another vehicle or sell it. I have always reverted my tuned vehicle back to stock before trading, made some good money selling the old tuner boxes.
I would be interested for the right price

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Whatever you decide to do I wouldn’t live my life being afraid of EB engines. Folks gettin big miles out of all versions of them same as NA engines. The internet is wrong.

OP
OP
puckdodger

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After a couple nights of tossing and turning, I have decided to stick with my sweet Ford Fuckin Ranger. There just isn't enough reason for me to make the switch, and plenty of reasons to keep on enjoying this truck.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Unless I absolutely had to have the additional room, I sure wouldn't switch to an F150 for $800.

The Ranger is big enough and borders on almost too big as it is.

Gsxrdoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger, XLT 4x4, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Therapist -- Retired Navy

Those Catch Can hoses will never be taken off by me that's for sure, lost to much blood putting them on to ever consider taking them off.
Sponsored