Can our Ranger sound like this?

HDR

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 / 2017 Harley Davidson Softail Breakout(custom) / 2020 Jeep Gladiator / 2018 Ford Focus hatch
This 2.7 ecoboost F-150 sounds absolutely awesome! With the right exhaust and possibly intake along with intercooler pipe upgrade...are we able to achieve this sound? The turbo spool seems to be loudest from the exhaust side of the truck.....

Sponsored

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
This 2.7 ecoboost F-150 sounds absolutely awesome! With the right exhaust and possibly intake along with intercooler pipe upgrade...are we able to achieve this sound? The turbo spool seems to be loudest from the exhaust side of the truck.....

Isn't the 2.7 a V6? I'm with everyone else, trying to get too aggressive/loud of a tone from a 4 cylinder is comedic. And I'm not interested in getting laughed at. The sub-900 RPM idle is a tonal benefit and fortunately most well-engineered exhausts for our trucks don't accentuate the high frequency resonance even when deleting the resonator (like my Magnaflow cat-back).

I'm not even into adding more turbo related noise like vent-to-atmosphere blowoffs. Too much unnecessary ruckus.

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazdaspeed3, M3
Occupation
EHS
Those v6s sound so good.. I've seen every ranger exhaust vid you can think of and none of them sound great tbh. My mazda has an unequal length turbo manifold and sounds pretty ridiculous. Would be interesting to see what guys do when they really start slapping bigger turbos on these.

I have this exhaust on the Mazda and love it. The main determinant of that sound on the 4cyl is the unequal turbo manifold. I don't think that's going to happen for the Ranger unfortunately.

OP
OP
HDR

HDR

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 / 2017 Harley Davidson Softail Breakout(custom) / 2020 Jeep Gladiator / 2018 Ford Focus hatch
i closed my eyes and sounded like my pissed off grandma pushing the vacuum around the living room.

all that noise and it just crawled through mud at a speed i used to hit it on my tricycle as a toddler.

i go to the woods to see wildlife and enjoy the peaceful tranquility...not scare it all into another county.
Piss on the wildlife...haha. I use to run my dirtbike through the mountains from the time I was 9 to 15 years old, scaring every damn thing in sight and had fun doing it. I also shot them and ate them too.

Isn't the 2.7 a V6? I'm with everyone else, trying to get too aggressive/loud of a tone from a 4 cylinder is comedic. And I'm not interested in getting laughed at. The sub-900 RPM idle is a tonal benefit and fortunately most well-engineered exhausts for our trucks don't accentuate the high frequency resonance even when deleting the resonator (like my Magnaflow cat-back).

I'm not even into adding more turbo related noise like vent-to-atmosphere blowoffs. Too much unnecessary ruckus.
I wasn't referring to the tone of a 4 cylinder or blow off valve, it was the turbo spool.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase

Not bad, sounded like my buddies RZR coming through the woods to pick up my deer in November

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going with the classic four banger sound. Imagine the look on peoples faces when they hear it around the corner, then the Ranger comes into view. I will be legendary.

You're my hero!

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
You won't get it to sound like the 2.7, but you could get it to sound like a focus wrc car.. which is about as gnarly as you can get a 4 banger to sound. Wont be cheap though lol.

OP
OP
HDR

HDR

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
how you plan on shooting them if you make an entrance like that baffles me.

to each their own though.

If I had a neighbor with an obnoxious exhaust like that....piss on him, he's not going to have one day where he's not scared of overnight shenanigans involving potatoes up the tailpipe.
I would never take my dirtbike when I went hunting.

I do have some obnoxious neighbors from time to time. Thats the way it is, we tolerate the small stuff. Same as my Harley is way louder than any 4 banger or even my straight piped Mustang. But the bike sounds soo damn good. Getting caught on someones property around here doing damage will get that person shot. I know that I have walked out my door many times with my pistol at night investigating sounds.

Obijack

First Name
J J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 iconic sliver
Occupation
Attorney
I have found the Ford Performance Exhaust by Borla is quiet when you are driving normally, but the truck turns into a beast when you go WOT. It has a very nice growl with a cold start, but not enough to wake the neighbors. I prefer the sound of my Z06 but the Ranger, with the FP exhaust sounds great IMO.

HarveyMushman

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ranger XL 4x2

If you remove your Ranger's 4-banger and drop in the V6 from that F150 your Ranger will sound exactly like it.

OP
OP
HDR

HDR

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)