OP
HDR

HDR

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 / 2017 Harley Davidson Softail Breakout(custom) / 2020 Jeep Gladiator / 2018 Ford Focus hatch
I have found the Ford Performance Exhaust by Borla is quiet when you are driving normally, but the truck turns into a beast when you go WOT. It has a very nice growl with a cold start, but not enough to wake the neighbors. I prefer the sound of my Z06 but the Ranger, with the FP exhaust sounds great IMO.
Thanks. I will check that out...
Sponsored

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
id prefer it even more silent. ive never heard a four cylinder gas engine that sounded "good". but I think im the wrong generation. To my ears an engine that sounds good has eight cylinders and is deep toned. anything raspy or hollow or fart can sounding and its immediately hated by me.
this is how i want my next ford to sound !

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
^ That is a beautiful looking and sounding GT40 kit!

If I drove that anywhere here and parked it, someone with a clapped out rust bucket would park right next to me.

Shoot, if I drove it to WalMart and parked out on the back 40 lot, one of the Walmartians with a handicap plate would ignore the spaces up front just to park next to me and ding it.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Not a fan of that F150 sound. I dunno, I really like how quiet my Ranger is.

taildraggerpilot

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2022 MINI JCW Hardtop
Occupation
Boeing Driver
Mine sounds pretty close to that. I’ve changed out everything but the downpipe.

VTRanger

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT SuperCrew
how you plan on shooting them if you make an entrance like that baffles me.

to each their own though.

If I had a neighbor with an obnoxious exhaust like that....piss on him, he's not going to have one day where he's not scared of overnight shenanigans involving potatoes up the tailpipe.
I have some people in my neighborhood that need some potatoes up the tailpipe.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
^ That is a beautiful looking and sounding GT40 kit!

If I drove that anywhere here and parked it, someone with a clapped out rust bucket would park right next to me.

Shoot, if I drove it to WalMart and parked out on the back 40 lot, one of the Walmartians with a handicap plate would ignore the spaces up front just to park next to me and ding it.
that would be my luck too ! when i had beat up farm trucks no one ever door dinged or parked to close. when i got rides i wanted to keep nice it was like magnetism for bad drivers / parkers.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
This 2.7 ecoboost F-150 sounds absolutely awesome! With the right exhaust and possibly intake along with intercooler pipe upgrade...are we able to achieve this sound? The turbo spool seems to be loudest from the exhaust side of the truck.....

that f150 does sound much more pleasing than our rangers. I bet is has chambered mufflers with several baffles to keep the busy raspy tones down.

amick1995

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Trenor
I might do that
You’d also have to put in a catless downpipe to get that turbo whistle sound at low rpm. I’ve only heard that noise in cars running a true straight pipe, or running a catless downpipe and very small straight through muffler.