Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger - 2010 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Systems Administrator
Vehicle Showcase
I have literally had this truck in a garage for nearly a year. Less than 2k miles and this is on my drivers side door at the bottom. There are no spots or sign of anything on the other side of the door. I would be perfectly fine with the spots if I know they aren’t rust. I would hate to have the truck sent to a body shop just to have more problems when it gets back (body shops around here are absolutely abysmal, I’ve had multiple paint jobs on a single Chevy)

Anyone think that I’m okay with this?

D374D315-D63E-46CE-9C3C-6A81DBDB5E3C.jpeg

1E20B90E-AA4E-475D-990D-8E1743A31027.jpeg

BD3A322D-5F07-48A4-A7C2-FC4F5D8B4A68.jpeg
Sponsored

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
You have Pic of other side?

OP
OP
AtillaTheHung

AtillaTheHung

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Systems Administrator
Vehicle Showcase
You have Pic of other side?
I do not, but it’s genuinely clean as a whistle on the other side of the door. No sign of water intake or missing paint. It’s perfect.

Marshal.

First Name
Marshal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger, 1979 Mazda rx7
Looks like paint contamination when being sprayed at the factory. My truck has it in a few spots. Unfortunately it’s pretty common

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Looks like paint contamination when being sprayed at the factory. My truck has it in a few spots. Unfortunately it’s pretty common
Im thinkin same. Especially cuz op says other side is spotless.

OP
OP
AtillaTheHung

AtillaTheHung

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Systems Administrator
Vehicle Showcase
Im thinkin same. Especially cuz op says other side is spotless.
The other side is where the steel curls up and folds over (at the bottom of the door) it is very, very spotless. But I feel like it covers anything you can see.

OP
OP
AtillaTheHung

AtillaTheHung

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Systems Administrator
Vehicle Showcase
Does yours look like mine?

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
To my unprofessional eye, it looks like a blister in the paint, caused by a penetration of the outer layer(s) of the paint. In the first photo, it looks to me like there are scrape marks along the rocker panel and lower edge of the door. A hairline crack in the paint surface could have allowed moisture to get in behind the paint and cause it to blister.
I've experienced that when a stone got flung up and struck the inner side of the wheel lip and caused an outward "zit" on the lip. The crack in the paint was not noticeable until the paint started to blister. I also had a car repainted and had dust contamination while the paint was curing and there was random single bumps, not clusters of blisters.
No matter what caused it, over time the paint will likely break down and cause surface rust.

OP
OP
AtillaTheHung

AtillaTheHung

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Systems Administrator
Vehicle Showcase
To my unprofessional eye, it looks like a blister in the paint, caused by a penetration of the outer layer(s) of the paint. In the first photo, it looks to me like there are scrape marks along the rocker panel and lower edge of the door. A hairline crack in the paint surface could have allowed moisture to get in behind the paint and cause it to blister.
I've experienced that when a stone got flung up and struck the inner side of the wheel lip and caused an outward "zit" on the lip. The crack in the paint was not noticeable until the paint started to blister. I also had a car repainted and had dust contamination while the paint was curing and there was random single bumps, not clusters of blisters.
No matter what caused it, over time the paint will likely break down and cause surface rust.
Just checked. No cracks or scratches.

E74C2B93-F4AA-4870-BA87-1B1EF2440AC4.jpeg

41BF9BE1-FB91-4C36-9F93-CC22342846AE.jpeg

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Yep, that's what I was thinking also.

Zach, just for your own peace of mind maybe you should take to your dealers body shop, and show them. Then you'll know for sure, and it may be an easy fix. It's hard to say what that may look like in 3-5 years. We can speculate here which is fine, but knowing for sure is better.
Sponsored