Cactus Gray FX4

Toph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cactus Gray Ranger 301a, FX4
Occupation
Teacher
The dealer can install the complete tow package which includes a new bumper with the integrated wiring and plug. That's what I had my dealer install. I'm sure it costs more (mine was negotiated as part of the sale) but it does look nice.

This is helpful. Any chance you have the part number for the bumper with the integrated plugs? I want to bring this up with my dealer.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
This is helpful. Any chance you have the part number for the bumper with the integrated plugs? I want to bring this up with my dealer.
They can find it if you tell them what you want. I'd refuse delivery if something as crucial as the tow package was "forgotten". Most of the dealer installed bars are rated for 6000# instead of the 7500# the rest of the chassis can handle.

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
This should help. The plastic top cover or bumper steps continues as one piece to the middle where the license plate bolts up. The wiring harness/connector for the trailer plugs is to the left of the plate. This cover is also molded with a notch in the center to acoelomate the factory hitch receiver.
https://www.fordpartsconnect.com/v-...-2-3l-l4-gas/body--bumper-and-components-rear

CaliBee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger SuperCab XLT FX4 Cyber Orange
Occupation
Software Engineer
This is helpful. Any chance you have the part number for the bumper with the integrated plugs? I want to bring this up with my dealer
I guess it's not actually a new bumper. Here's what I got.
KB3Z-19D520 is the trailer hitch bar
KB3Z-15K868 is the wiring harness
FU5Z-14489 is the 4pin/7pin plug
Also, a new plastic trim piece that sits below the main plastic bumper and has a cutout for the receiver. I don't see a part number for that on my invoice.

Here's pics of mine in this other thread:
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/can-the-tow-package-be-added-by-the-dealer.10958/post-213506

Last edited:

gttafoya

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Electronics Technician
1614203937540.png

the Bottom plastic piece that's has the lower plastic was included in the box when i had this installed.
But that could change since all the small items seem to be on the chopping block on the Rangers.

PS - I have a non-tow hitch bumper for sale (no plastic or bumper sides)

OP
OP
AZRanger

AZRanger

First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
I fix Pink jeeps
I would think the 4 runner should be the chase/servant truck for the RANGER!
I’m more willing to break something on my old vehicle and rescue it with my new one than vice versa. But who knows I may end up selling the 4Runner and putting the money into the truck

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
------2011 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L Manual Scab
Occupation
--Machinist
Lane, could you give a review of what you think of the BP-51's once you get them installed.
Most of the other shocks are directed at driving at high speeds. The only draw back of these I see is if you wish to adjust the damping it can spin the shock and twist up the reservoir line.

OP
OP
AZRanger

AZRanger

First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
I fix Pink jeeps
Lane, could you give a review of what you think of the BP-51's once you get them installed.
Most of the other shocks are directed at driving at high speeds. The only draw back of these I see is if you wish to adjust the damping it can spin the shock and twist up the reservoir line.
Yes once I get the whole kit together and installed I’ll post a write up on them, since I haven’t seen any other trucks fitted with them yet. From what I can tell with how the shock is set up the reservoir line, mounting plate, and shock body are all connected; so it shouldn’t spin around when adjusting.
66CD3759-505B-402B-B98E-10BD574C0FE5.jpeg
Sponsored