First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
I fix Pink jeeps
Ordered my ranger back in September and it finally arrived a couple weeks ago. 2021 Cactus Gray XLT FX4

Nicknamed: Luna

2A9AEA03-418A-4028-900B-AD1842DE07D3.jpeg

Current plans are:
Suspension: OME Bp-51 kit (waiting to install)
Tires: General grabber atx (any all terrain would probably be fine. Mud terrains suck on ice. Max size of 285/70/17)
Front Bumper: ARB summit
Rear bumper: ARB summit if I can fit a full size spare under the bed.
Sliders: arb side rails or shrockworks
Skid plates: arb with recovery hook
Comms: CB and HAM for flexibility, maybe even GMRS if I get the summit bumper to have more antenna spots
Bed/storage: current plan is an AT Overland camper with a drawer system.
Performance: The engine is most likely gonna remain factory, I’ll just get a snorkel for the looks. Don’t think it adds much benefit given our low mounted alternator.

Also plan to add:
-on board air compressor
-roof rack of some sort
-recovery boards
-lights
This may seem like a lot of random stuff being thrown at it but it’s all proven equipment. I work on tour jeeps in Sedona AZ and we use a lot of ARB equipment for recoveries, as well as OME suspension on the jeeps.

But anyways, here she is! I’ll use this thread mainly to keep a log of everything I do to the truck.
805E0EDD-159F-4823-A137-C2B1DAD63731.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Toph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cactus Gray Ranger 301a, FX4
Occupation
Teacher
Ordered my first ranger back in September and it finally arrived a couple weeks ago. 2021 Cactus Gray XLT FX4

I’ll probably start off with some simple mods like floor liners and seat covers. But in the future I wanna turn it into a long travel/chase/rescue truck of sorts. Wanna do something other than the typical off-road/overland build, as my other vehicle is a lifted 4Runner.
But anyways, here she is! I’ll use this thread mainly to keep a log of everything I do to the truck. Currently she is bone stock and will be a parts hauler and support vehicle for my 4Runner.
I’ve got the same model arriving on order in ~ 3 weeks. More pics of that gorgeousness please!

emkeiz

First Name
Emma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Ordered my first ranger back in September and it finally arrived a couple weeks ago. 2021 Cactus Gray XLT FX4

I’ll probably start off with some simple mods like floor liners and seat covers. But in the future I wanna turn it into a long travel/chase/rescue truck of sorts. Wanna do something other than the typical off-road/overland build, as my other vehicle is a lifted 4Runner.
But anyways, here she is! I’ll use this thread mainly to keep a log of everything I do to the truck. Currently she is bone stock and will be a parts hauler and support vehicle for my 4Runner.
You must be in Flagstaff? Love the truck! That's probably my favorite color now. I'm also from the area
20210207_162950.jpg

OP
OP
AZRanger

AZRanger

First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
I fix Pink jeeps
You must be in Flagstaff? Love the truck! That's probably my favorite color now. I'm also from the area
20210207_162950.jpg
Yup I’m in flag, truck’s first 1000 miles were in snow and ice haha. I love the color, really stands out

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yup I’m in flag, truck’s first 1000 miles were in snow and ice haha. I love the color, really stands out
Hi Lane,

Used to stay in Flag on our way to the old Arizona Proving Ground in Yucca Flats, always in snow...YUK! We will be there for three weeks in June at the J&H Rv park on the East side of town... Not in the winter....too much snow. Our tortoise loves summer in Flag... much cooler than Green Valley....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Toph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cactus Gray Ranger 301a, FX4
Occupation
Teacher
My CG Ranger arrived last night! All I want to do is drive it or stare at the gorgeousness that is Cactus Gray.

First impressions - She feels like she needs to be broken in more than any other car I've bought new. It will be hard to wait until the break-in period is over to "have fun".

I'm miffed that the dealer forgot to order the trailer tow package. They're putting the dealer-installed one on instead, but the wiring harness just won't look as good; the harness plugs will be below the bumper instead of integrated into it. I honestly won't two but once or twice a year, so no biggie, but still. ?

MattSucks

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Love the color. My local dealer has one sitting out taunting me. Wish I would have waited a year. Can’t wait to see you build progress. ?

CaliBee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger SuperCab XLT FX4 Cyber Orange
Occupation
Software Engineer
I'm miffed that the dealer forgot to order the trailer tow package. They're putting the dealer-installed one on instead, but the wiring harness just won't look as good; the harness plugs will be below the bumper instead of integrated into it.
The dealer can install the complete tow package which includes a new bumper with the integrated wiring and plug. That's what I had my dealer install. I'm sure it costs more (mine was negotiated as part of the sale) but it does look nice.
Sponsored