Bye bye

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
Good luck don't blame you one bit. Ranger is a great little truck but that's a pretty sweet sale price. Cheers?
Sponsored

onemanlan

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger LTX
Occupation
Reseracher
Ranger to WRX gang ? (and probably back to Ranger once my left knee gives out)
Oh man, before my 2019 Nissan Frontier, which I sold for the Ranger purchase, I had manual 2001 Acura Integra followed by manual 2005 Civic SI. I loved both of them & driving manual was awesome, but dear lord if you live anywhere with heavy stop-and-go traffic it's awful on your knee and ankle. Stupid fun to drive & a nice skill to have in a pinch, but dang do they do they get to ya. It was hard to give up manual to go to an automatic, but after a while you learn to love what you didn't have for so long. Wish I could have both at the moment.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Well after exactly two years of owning my 2019 Ranger I sold it yesturday. Had 23k miles, and only put about 800 on in the last 4 months since I got a commuter car (2015 Focus 5-speed). Seemed like a shame to just keep it on a trickle charger all the time and never drive it. Ended up in the green about +$8k from what I originally paid so thats pretty decent. Been great to interact and share info with everyone on here, there is lots of good info to be found. Ill probnably continue to still provide drunken responses on here occassionally and participate in the Jokes section. Not sure what I am getting to replace the Ranger, contemplating a new WRX (dampered trunk edition)but we will see. I am committing to not getting a Frontier, Ridgeline or a Taco though - I could never live with myself after all the people I have hated on for doing the same. :)
I notice you didn't eliminate a Hyundai Santa Cruz...

Waddya think about taking the 8 large and the Focus in on
trade for a Maverick? They're sold out for MY2022, but the order banks should open around this July-August for 2023.
Economical daily driver and 4000lb tow-rated truck all in one.
Best of life in luck!

"You can check out anytime you like
But you can never leave!" - Hotel California
Henley/Frey/Felder

OP
OP
outdoorphotog

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
Oh man, before my 2019 Nissan Frontier, which I sold for the Ranger purchase, I had manual 2001 Acura Integra followed by manual 2005 Civic SI. I loved both of them & driving manual was awesome, but dear lord if you live anywhere with heavy stop-and-go traffic it's awful on your knee and ankle. Stupid fun to drive & a nice skill to have in a pinch, but dang do they do they get to ya. It was hard to give up manual to go to an automatic, but after a while you learn to love what you didn't have for so long. Wish I could have both at the moment.
I am fortunate I have a 1 hour drive each way through mountain/canyon roads. If I even pass 1 vehicle coming the other way its rare.

OP
OP
outdoorphotog

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
I notice you didn't eliminate a Hyundai Santa Cruz...

Waddya think about taking the 8 large and the Focus in on
trade for a Maverick? They're sold out for MY2022, but the order banks should open around this July-August for 2023.
Economical daily driver and 4000lb tow-rated truck all in one.
Best of life in luck!

"You can check out anytime you like
But you can never leave!" - Hotel California
Henley/Frey/Felder
hahaha. OK no Hyundai Santa Cruz for me at $60k either. I have looked at the Maverick and its a nice truck with great MPG - I have only seen a base model though, I would want to see a well optioned one in person but they seem pretty scarce around here.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Ian, things do change in our life that will send us in another direction. But do hang around. You have experience, and knowlege concerning the Ranger that can help the newbies. Plus, we hate to see you go.

Last edited:
OP
OP
outdoorphotog

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
Ian, things do change in our life that will send us in another direction. But do hang around. You have experience, and knowlege concernong the Ranger that can help the newbies. Plus, we hate to see you go.
I appreciate the kind words! Out of all the vehicle specific forums ive been on in the last 20 years, this one by far has the best people.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Oh man, that leaves one less Scab owner in the forum. Ian, don’t leave a brother hanging like this, we’re out-numbered as it is.

In all seriousness, the best of luck to you - I hope you enjoy your new vehicle as much as you did your Ranger. Pop in once in a while and join the fun.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
My wife tells me the same thing
If you're eyeballing a new WRX you might want to wait for '23. The STi is finally getting rid of the EJ25 after almost 2 decades.
Sponsored