HighFivenWhiteGuy

HighFivenWhiteGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Has anyone been able to get their order deposit back for any reason?
Decided once and for all to hold firm on my preorder. I'd miss the keypad too much and I'm not convinced the dealer add-on will work exactly the same. No more back and forth!
Well if you are set on your decision then you won't mind us talking about how awesome our new rides are! Just kidding (sort of), I wish I had your patience. How close are you to a delivery? Is your current ride decent? My Subaru was having problems and every week I waited to get into a new car was another week something might get worse or go wrong.

Oh and the blue with the sport package is phenomenal, I think you are really going to like it!
Sponsored

One Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
family fleet of 4

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone been able to get their order deposit back for any reason?

Well if you are set on your decision then you won't mind us talking about how awesome our new rides are! Just kidding (sort of), I wish I had your patience. How close are you to a delivery? Is your current ride decent? My Subaru was having problems and every week I waited to get into a new car was another week something might get worse or go wrong.

Oh and the blue with the sport package is phenomenal, I think you are really going to like it!
I have the infamous cam phaser rattle in my 5.4L, it's running fine but it's essentially a ticking time bomb that I don't want to sink money into so hopefully it holds for my April delivery... You may carry on with enjoying your new rides now :party:

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
I have the infamous cam phaser rattle in my 5.4L, it's running fine but it's essentially a ticking time bomb that I don't want to sink money into so hopefully it holds for my April delivery... You may carry on with enjoying your new rides now :party:
My 2004 F-150 SuperCrew 5.4L had a camshaft phaser on one side start going bad at 130,000 miles. Dealer gave me a great deal on replacing both sides as opposed to just the one side. Ended up replacing the throttle body about a month later. Total cost was around $3700. Sold it 2 weekends ago for $7,000 with 226,000 miles. Engine still purred like a kitten. I more than got my investment value in that truck. The new Ranger needs to do the same...lol!

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew
Vehicle Showcase
My 2004 F-150 SuperCrew 5.4L had a camshaft phaser on one side start going bad at 130,000 miles. Dealer gave me a great deal on replacing both sides as opposed to just the one side. Ended up replacing the throttle body about a month later. Total cost was around $3700. Sold it 2 weekends ago for $7,000 with 226,000 miles. Engine still purred like a kitten. I more than got my investment value in that truck. The new Ranger needs to do the same...lol!
Mine only has 84K but I attribute it to lots of cold starts and short trips when I lived up north. Good news is I paid 18K for the truck ten years ago and haven't put more than the usual maintenance costs so I say I'm even no matter how much I get on my trade.
Sponsored