Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I see a lot of you guys are "painfully" waiting for your orders. How many ordered? Who bought from dealer stock? I ordered a troubled 2016 Tacoma. The wait was challenging and it was only three weeks,.
This poll will change as more people get their trucks and dealer lots are full.

I bought from dealer stock....albeit a dealer 168 miles from home...Local dealers sill have weak inventories
Sponsored

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
Technically the Ranger I’m waiting on is dealer stock, however when I went into order one in January the dealer already had a stock one in the system that was close to what I wanted. They made a few adjustments to the order for me instead of putting in a retail order. I should have it in 2-3 weeks.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I see a lot of you guys are "painfully" waiting for your orders. How many ordered? Who bought from dealer stock? I ordered a troubled 2016 Tacoma. The wait was challenging and it was only three weeks,.
This poll will change as more people get their trucks and dealer lots are full.

I bought from dealer stock....albeit a dealer 168 miles from home...Local dealers sill have weak inventories
It depends on what you're looking for. I want a supercab, and optioned out supercabs with no running boards and not black or white don't exist unless you special order or happen to find a special order someone gave up on. It may be annoying to wait, but for me it would be far more annoying to spend $35k+ on something that's not what I want.

sjeagles

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2017 Ford Explorer XLT
Occupation
Public Safety
Vehicle Showcase
I was going to order but found what I was looking for on a dealers lot an hour away from my house so decided to just get that one

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
I was going to order but found what I was looking for on a dealers lot an hour away from my house so decided to just get that one
Ordered Dec 19th...still no truck..

LarryJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ranger, 1997 BMW Z3, 2010 VW Tiguan
Went to the auto show in Milwaukee in March, saw my first live one. Drove one at a Dealer the next week, Lariat. Happened to check another local dealer who had the same exact Lariat the following Saturday. He wanted to deal, wanted my 2004 Ranger with only 86K on the clock. Only problem I wanted a spray-in liner trailer hitch and running boards. Rather than take out liner they went on a search and found one in Michigan. I had it a week later. Love it.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
This certainly is a sore spot for some, especially those with ROVP.
Customer orders should be given priority over dealer orders, not pushed to the back of the line! Specific promises at least, should be kept.
To flood the market with high end trucks for dealer lots while forcing paying and loyal customers to wait half a model year is just plain bad business.
Message to Ford... This ain't office furniture!... Get some new leadership.

Oh! Mine is a 2WD STX SuperCab so you KNOW it was ordered and put last in line! Even with an approved ROVP.

Last edited:

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
I went in on Sunday, Jan 27th and bought the first and only Ranger that was on the lot. I was optioned how I wanted it so it was a win for me.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
How about the shipping companies. Mine has been sitting in Wayne MI since 3/12. Ford had put in overtime to get trucks built. The dam shipping companies are the big hold up.

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
My order kept getting delayed, so I found one that was inbound to a dealer 60 miles away and my local dealer traded their Ranger in stock for it. So basically my was a dealer stock unit.

rwjrn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I had been looking online at the Ranger, but wasn't really ready to pull the trigger yet. There's a Ford dealer near Costco by me and I had gone shopping and thought I'd go see if the dealer had any Rangers yet that I could see in person. I took one for a test drive and really liked it. I wanted a Lariat in Oxford White and they had two. Didn't necessarily want the chrome package, but it wasn't something I cared all that much about. The only option I wanted that it didn't have was the tow package, but that won't be difficult to add. I traded in my Edge and drove home with my new Ranger. I was the first to take one off the lot. A month later I'm still really happy with my impulse buy.

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
I always order mine. I get the exact vehicle that I want. I don't have the "I wish this vehicle had this feature" issue. It doesn't sit on the lot which makes the dealership happy and looks good on their sales numbers. I don't have salesmen pushing vehicles that I really don't want.

OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Not too far in the future, dealers will have 20+ Rangers on the lots. Will be easy to find one speced out as desired. 4WD FX packages are already on many trucks at dealers. They tend to be hyper accesorised. Run around $46K I got the Lariat packaged to the point where the only thing I don't have is 4WD and the packages that go with that. I was fortunate to find a truck in the SE that had exactly what I wanted and more importantly nothing I paid for that I didn't want.

Last edited:

Roofhopper

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
HVAC Service Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Heard the Rangers were back, read specs and a couple reviews and was obviously impressed. Was driving home one day and saw a carrier unloading 2 rangers (mine and a saber Lariat FX4) and stopped in for a test drive. SOLD
Sponsored