Ordered or Dealer Stock

• Total voters

Tommy Oberon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-Max
Vehicle Showcase
I placed an order to get exactly the ranger I wanted with the options I wanted. I didn’t care how long it would take because my current vehicle is paid for so if I could go 3 or 4 months without a car payment, I could save that for a down payment on the ranger
Sponsored

Pat McGrath

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4X4 XLT Supercrew
Vehicle Showcase
I placed an order to get exactly the ranger I wanted with the options I wanted. I didn’t care how long it would take because my current vehicle is paid for so if I could go 3 or 4 months without a car payment, I could save that for a down payment on the ranger
Agreed. Dealer stock always has something missing that you wanted. Even the simple things count to me.

Seaaggie

First Name
Orrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Edge / 19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
I test drove several from different dealerships in my area - none with all the options I wanted and all with some options I don't want. The dealership's buyer did a production search all the way back to the factory and could only find three in the country that were close to what I wanted but even then didn't have everything exactly right for me. Like others, my current vehicles have been paid for 5+ years so I'm in no rush to jump into a new note... I ordered exactly what I want and I'm fine waiting it out.

JoedOH

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I bought from stock. Every time I order a vehicle I end up waiting forever. This time I looked at what was in stock at several dealers and managed to find one close to what I wanted. Also felt it was time for some luxury in a truck so am very happy with my choice.

Johnpenn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2004 Corvette, 2005 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Retired Quality and EHS Manager
I thought I ordered but my dealer actually ordered my HP. Red XLT for inventory. It turned out that they did me a favor. I will now qualify for the May $1000 offer if it comes in on time. They said they can close the sale if the offer isn't extended into July or isn't improved. All I lose is the ability to track the truck myself but they can track it for me. Maybe I got lucky for once. Here's hoping I win.

Last edited:

OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
If those poll numbers are representative of national numbers, Ford will deliver a crapload of Rangers this quarter.

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
I was planning on buying from dealer stock but decided I liked the look of the Black Appearance Package, so I ended up ordering. For me, it's about getting everything I want on the truck, regardless of how long it will take to get...even if the wait kills me :frown:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I was planning on buying from dealer stock but decided I liked the look of the Black Appearance Package, so I ended up ordering. For me, it's about getting everything I want on the truck, regardless of how long it will take to get...even if the wait kills me :frown:
As Tom Petty said "The waiting is the hardest part". :)

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
If those poll numbers are representative of national numbers, Ford will deliver a crapload of Rangers this quarter.
Does that mean a load of Rangers for dealer stock and a load of crap for customer orders?

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase

samsd

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 HPR, 2016 Town and Country, 2004 Road King Custom
Occupation
Retired
Bought off the lot, was not even in the market for a new truck but was looking for a used 150,brought 3 really nice ones home and the wife said no so I told my sales guy Kenny to let me drive the Ranger. Pulled in the driveway and it was all over cept for the check writing. Traded my 13 Fusion Platinum, 54000 miles and my 04 Dakota Sport 4x4 standard cab, 98500 miles. My retirement gift to me, amazing what you can buy on a fixed income.
TailgateIMG_20190508_1945233.jpg

OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Does that mean a load of Rangers for dealer stock and a load of crap for customer orders?
If they are completing 300 a day they have made only about 36,000 trucks since December ( based on a 5 day work week). . They sold 12,000. Still looks like they cannot supply dealers with enough trucks to keep people from ordering which is likely a PIA for Ford because I think the line has to stop for special orders and the options people want and don't want. I wonder how many are ordered....

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
If they are completing 300 a day they have made only about 36,000 trucks since December ( based on a 5 day work week). . They sold 12,000. Still looks like they cannot supply dealers with enough trucks to keep people from ordering which is likely a PIA for Ford because I think the line has to stop for special orders and the options people want and don't want. I wonder how many are ordered....
I think they are building close to 500 a day now with the extended shifts, plus they are doing a Saturday shift now. (the overtime that has been going on for a couple months now). They didn't build that many in the beginning due to it being a new line, but it gradually ramped up.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
My question was rhetorical, I've already experienced the answer!:giggle:
Sponsored